Good news! Blackberry is only on the number 3 spot, behind Twitter Music and Obama Care.

I cannot think of any brand that has ever survived such a high profile face plant during its Rocky/Come Back moment. The only hope is Chen.

The top 10 tech 'fails' of 2013 - CNN.com
    12-28-13 10:17 AM
    Ah, AWESOME. I love these things...though, you can't say that they're wrong about BB not doing well.

Admittedly...I didn't even know that Twitter Music was even a thing.

For anybody planning on reading through this whole thread for a decent discussion:

Don't...It is just bickering between people on both sides of the fence.

There are mostly just non-BB users here to regurgitate past failures being *ahem* corrected by conspiracy-touting fanboys.

Seriously, there's no conspiracy going on here...this is what happens when arrogant companies suffer. Also, the Anti-BB crowd (Don't deny it, it is very obvious): We know about the inventory write-downs; we KNOW about the losses; we KNOW that the market has spoken; we KNOW that your Android/iOS/WP device has things that the BB10 ones don't; we are HOPING for a return because we enjoy using our devices and don't want our devices to die out. Some of us like being different from everybody else...it is boring being like everybody else (especially in my office because I don't like those guys).

Why can't users like GoGurt48, TgeekB, SinSin7, Kevin Nugent, Saiga etc. let us hope for a return of the company whose devices we enjoy using? The company has the means and resources to do it, why not give them the benefit of the doubt. If the company dies, congratulations on predicting that; you won a game of yes/no! You must feel very smart now...

I can sum up the entire issue here:

BB was arrogant. They believed that proper marketing wasn't necessary for their new platform. They believed that the other manufacturers had nothing going for them and everybody would just jump onto their new, overpriced platform.

^This is why BlackBerry are in this list. Their management was stupid and arrogant.

Their new devices are great ones and are getting better with each update. The technicians at BB might be some of the best in the world, but that doesn't help if nobody knows about their devices.
    Last edited by Nharzhool; 12-30-13 at 02:11 AM.
    12-28-13 10:25 AM
    And you think they are wrong???

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:29 AM
    At least they're not on the list of well-known companies that shut down in 2013.
    12-28-13 10:34 AM
    CNET's list is just a relevant as my list or if you guys made a list, it's just speculative opinion.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-28-13 10:37 AM
    No, I think they were right. This whole BB10 come back launch was a starf@cking private jet flying fiasco. Luckily that dream team has sailed elsewhere to wreck another brand?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and ihys like this.
    12-28-13 05:27 PM
    Heres the thing. Ask yourself this question. Why is it that almost every major media outlet always predicts the death of Blackberry. Its practically everywhere tv and Internet based, and permeates our every thinking waking day. What is it that Blackberry has done so bad as to warrent such hate. Every company corporation in history that are failing always needs to do what it needs to survive, including letting go mass employment. Blackberry is doing what any entity does naturally, survival. I could list companies right now on a downward spiral but yet, those companies, whoes doing what it takes to survive including layoffs seems to not continually get bombarded by its demise. Why Blackberry, and what make this company different from any other struggling ones?

I am not some conspiracy nutjob who think theres a conspiracy everywhere u look, but imo, there is something that is systematically trying to rid Blackberry. If one looks @ the whole picture and events surrounding Blackberry one cannot help feel there is something larger @ work. If BB10 qnx is such a junk OS why does ANYONE care with such vile hate where the company does with it. Yet the net is crawling with trolls who continually wishes deaths to this company. If these trolls were just simple mobile users why would they care to hate and troll everyday to diss every positive comments toward an ordinary entity like Blackberry. I travel extensively and witness the same reactions globally. Question is why?

I just dont know what it is nor do I have any supporting evidence. This is just a general opinion and observation from a long time end user whoes been around the tech world for a long time. ( basic on computer cards)

Jus a thought piece.

Blackberry, my proverbial middle finger
    12-28-13 06:17 PM
    Heres the thing. Ask yourself this question. Why is it that almost every major media outlet always predicts the death of Blackberry. Its practically everywhere tv and Internet based, and permeates our every thinking waking day. What is it that Blackberry has done so bad as to warrent such hate. Every company corporation in history that are failing always needs to do what it needs to survive, including letting go mass employment. Blackberry is doing what any entity does naturally, survival. I could list companies right now on a downward spiral but yet, those companies, whoes doing what it takes to survive including layoffs seems to not continually get bombarded by its demise. Why Blackberry, and what make this company different from any other struggling ones?

I am not some conspiracy nutjob who think theres a conspiracy everywhere u look, but imo, there is something that is systematically trying to rid Blackberry. If one looks @ the whole picture and events surrounding Blackberry one cannot help feel there is something larger @ work. If BB10 qnx is such a junk OS why does ANYONE care with such vile hate where the company does with it. Yet the net is crawling with trolls who continually wishes deaths to this company. If these trolls were just simple mobile users why would they care to hate and troll everyday to diss every positive comments toward an ordinary entity like Blackberry. I travel extensively and witness the same reactions globally. Question is why?

I just dont know what it is nor do I have any supporting evidence. This is just a general opinion and observation from a long time end user whoes been around the tech world for a long time. ( basic on computer cards)

Jus a thought piece.

You really should consider a hobby.
    12-28-13 06:26 PM
    This isn't the "Top 3" that BlackBerry was hoping for. It's expected though. The devices have barely gained any ground at all. The most successful release BlackBerry has made in the last few years is BBM cross platform. But even that needs a lot of work on the other platforms (and on BB10, why can't I go into landscape mode to type?).

Hopefully 2014 brings some good fortune to BlackBerry. They are going to need it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-28-13 06:33 PM
    I love people who say they don't believe in conspiracy theories, then trot out the one about BlackBerry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    JeepBB, pttptppt, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    12-28-13 06:48 PM
    All the BlackBerry bashing was part of what got me to try it. I figured that they must have gotten something very right to have inspired such a massive (in my opinion what looks like a concerted) attack against them.

Boy, did that theory turn out to be true! BB10 is outstanding, remarkable, head-and-shoulders above the pack! The competition must be sweating bullets because they have a lot of catching up to do.

Anyways, point is, as they say in showbiz, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Just a matter of time before this catches on.

BB10 = Too Dang Good to Fail
    12-28-13 06:49 PM
    Nice to see the surface on there too.
    CDM76 and ghundiraj like this.
    12-28-13 06:59 PM
    Nice to see the surface on there too.
    Kinda sad to see such a great tablet become a failure because of its crippled OS. Windows RT really should be replaced by WP or something.

Atleast they did recognize a rough year for BlackBerry and didn't call it a 'near-death experience' or something

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:17 PM
    This is just part of what the media does best. As I'm sure you are all aware the media loves to bring things up, up and up and then takes great pleasure in knocking them down.

They do it with singers, celebrities, companies, products and so much more. It sells advertising for them...papers, commercial spots, web ads...etc.

Although share holders never wanted this...I'm very disappointed BlackBerry wasn't able to go private and get out of the media's spot light.

Let's just hope Chen can turn this bad boy around. Let's face it, he has been thrown into a pretty deep hole, but so far I like what I see.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:32 PM
    Is CNN going to include the worst news network ratings? Last I checked, they can't top 300 hundred thousand viewers per day. I think that says it all.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:39 PM
    Heres the thing. Ask yourself this question. Why is it that almost every major media outlet always predicts the death of Blackberry.
    Maybe, if only a remote out of this world sliver of a chance, could it be possible that it is because Blackberry is dying?

Blackberry is in such a condition that multibillion USD writedowns are just another day at Waterloo. Many fans don't even bat an eye anymore.
    TgeekB, JeepBB, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    12-28-13 07:40 PM
    Is CNN going to include the worst news network ratings? Last I checked, they can't top 300 hundred thousand viewers per day. I think that says it all.

Posted via CB10
    And a hush fills the room!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    This was a joke, right? Maybe you meant CTV.
    12-28-13 07:50 PM
    This was a joke, right? Maybe you meant CTV.
    Nope http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4346068/ but if you think ccn's are bad you should see ctv's

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-28-13 07:55 PM
    Heres the thing. Ask yourself this question. Why is it that almost every major media outlet always predicts the death of Blackberry[?]
    Because nobody buys its products, and it's losing billions of dollars a month? One doesn't have to be Nostradamus to predict the eventual outcome of that.

I am not some conspiracy nutjob who think theres a conspiracy everywhere u look, but imo, there is something that is systematically trying to [get] rid [of] Blackberry.
    Yeah, consumers.
    JeepBB, Drew808 and thevacantsoul like this.
    12-28-13 07:55 PM
    Nope November 2013 Cable News Ratings: MSNBC Tops CNN; Numbers Down From Last Year but if you think ccn's are bad you should see ctv's

Posted via CB10
    And it's all because they won't promote Blackberry?
    xBURK likes this.
    12-28-13 07:57 PM

Jus a thought piece.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think that it has to do with the fact that BB refused to change at a time when everyone was begging them to. They waited until they really had no choice but to make some drastic changes to their OS.

I also think it has to do with the former CEO'S talking down about and even mocking iOS and Android. They had such a superiority complex about BB that a lot of people were wanting them to fall on their faces. If they had been a little more humble and showed that they wanted to change then I think that the media would be less harsh on them.

Then you have the whole Playbook disaster. You also have an operating system that was constantly delayed and a launch with software that really wasnt ready for prime time. All of these things add up over time and make them ripe to be picked on and bludgeoned by the media each and every time they make a misstep.
    TgeekB, JeepBB, Drew808 and 3 others like this.
    12-28-13 08:04 PM
    BlackBerry is losing billions of dollars a month?!? Seriously. Where did you pull that out of?
    I hope you know what an exaggeration is.
    12-28-13 09:05 PM
    BlackBerry made a lot of mistakes in the past. BB10 is not one of them. People need to get their heads out of their azzes and give it a rest.

CB10'n it via da Z
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-28-13 09:10 PM
    BlackBerry is losing billions of dollars a month?!? Seriously. Where did you pull that out of?
    It's possible I misunderstood the earnings report, but as I understood it last quarter they lost 4.4 billion dollars. A quarter is three months long. 4.4 billion dollars divided by three months equals 1.47 billion dollars per month.
    12-28-13 09:11 PM
137 123 ...