I recently bought a 9860 off eBay, charged it up to 100% with the wall charger, but after playing the song by Minus the Bear a few times then pausing, the device powered itself off. It wouldn't turn/power on without a battery pull, and then it powered itself off again after about 5 minutes of being idle. I did about ten battery pulls and got the same result.

I couldn't find a relevant thread on this forum. So, it seems it's not a common problem. But, I thought I might post the fix in case anyone else ever encounters this problem, as I found it very frustrating, having to do a battery pull every time I wanted to turn the device on, not to mention i was non-contactable most of the time, because it powered down after 5 idle mins.

I did a Security Wipe (probably a good idea anyway, when buying a second-hand smartphone) and included User Installed Applications. Works beautifully now without powering off.

7.1 bundle 1646 (v7.1.0.523, platform 5.1.0.393)

Hope that helps someone, if you're plagued by something similar on your Torch 9860
    12-28-13 07:24 AM
    Thx for sharing. Enjoy your new device. 9860 and 9850 are the best of OS7 media phone. Don't forget to put speaker to highest possible and play music next to an iPhone. It beat it hands down (done that few years back, when iphone just come out). Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:23 AM
    I recently bought a 9860 off eBay, charged it up to 100% with the wall charger, but after playing the song by Minus the Bear a few times then pausing, the device powered itself off. It wouldn't turn/power on without a battery pull, and then it powered itself off again after about 5 minutes of being idle. I did about ten battery pulls and got the same result.

I couldn't find a relevant thread on this forum. So, it seems it's not a common problem. But, I thought I might post the fix in case anyone else ever encounters this problem, as I found it very frustrating, having to do a battery pull every time I wanted to turn the device on, not to mention i was non-contactable most of the time, because it powered down after 5 idle mins.

I did a Security Wipe (probably a good idea anyway, when buying a second-hand smartphone) and included User Installed Applications. Works beautifully now without powering off.

7.1 bundle 1646 (v7.1.0.523, platform 5.1.0.393)

Hope that helps someone, if you're plagued by something similar on your Torch 9860
    glad you got it fixed,,, check the forums here for the latest os,,, that'll help spice things up...
    12-28-13 09:23 AM
    Thanks, stlabrat. My 9860 certainly does have a wicked speaker in it. I took your advice, put the speaker on the highest possible, and did the same for my employer's iClone5. The iPhone was almost as loud as the 9860, but distorting fairly badly. No distortion from the 9860, which could probably provide the tunes for a small party/picnic easily.

Thanks, SEAWARRIOR, for the tip about later OS for the 9860. I did an upgrade to 7.1.0.1033, but haven't noticed a lot of difference yet. It certainly boots up quicker, and is zippier. But, I would love to know why what it is about the later OS which you think should 'spice things up'.
    12-30-13 06:24 PM
    Thanks, stlabrat. My 9860 certainly does have a wicked speaker in it. I took your advice, put the speaker on the highest possible, and did the same for my employer's iClone5. The iPhone was almost as loud as the 9860, but distorting fairly badly. No distortion from the 9860, which could probably provide the tunes for a small party/picnic easily.

Thanks, SEAWARRIOR, for the tip about later OS for the 9860. I did an upgrade to 7.1.0.1033, but haven't noticed a lot of difference yet. It certainly boots up quicker, and is zippier. But, I would love to know why what it is about the later OS which you think should 'spice things up'.
    usually the newest os's contain bug fixes, os enhancments & things run better,,, not to be confused w/ leaked os's...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-30-13 at 10:43 PM.
    widderschynnes likes this.
    12-30-13 07:29 PM
    i have the same problem... my phone is running latest os 7:1 .... my phone is turn off suddently sny one plzz help me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-19-14 02:22 PM
    Have you (fasalu) tried a Security Wipe and included User Installed Applications? That fixed the automatic powering off which was happening to my 9860.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-09-14 08:40 AM