Sorry if this is in the wrong area,

I have been eyeing the Z30 for a little bit now, and got to mess with one recently. I def. like the device,

Sooooo- Where can I buy a US or CA model that is factory unlocked, with LTE support?

Thank you
    12-27-13 05:59 PM
    I've seen it in Amazon. As far as LTE, I'm sure there are folks here who bought it unlocked and can let you know for AT&T.
    12-27-13 06:05 PM
    I'm looking too....for use on T-Mobile network.
    12-27-13 06:07 PM
    I've seen it in Amazon. As far as LTE, I'm sure there are folks here who bought it unlocked and can let you know for AT&T.
    The best one to use with AT&T is the STA100-1, but it's going through FCC approval now (I think) and I don't think you can buy it anywhere. I am waiting myself to see it become available because depending on the price I might switch.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:45 PM
    Negrielectronics.com Z 30 they carry. STA 100-1 and STA 100-2 is what I am using on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:03 PM
    Negrielectronics.com Z 30 they carry. STA 100-1 and STA 100-2 is what I am using on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    I don't see how a Las Vegas NV based company could be selling the STA100-1 w/o it being approved by the FCC, but I am optimistic this is on the up and up. $675 is a bit much for me though when technically my Z10 is working just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    12-27-13 07:12 PM
    I just bit the bullet and purchased an unlocked Z30 for the TMobile Network (STA100-5 model) from GSM Nation.

Deep breaths. I can't believe I just did it!! I had to buy it sight unseen as the Verizon carriers in my market don't even carry the Z30 so I could check it out. I hope I made the right decision. I'm excited, though.
    HotFix and dahccec like this.
    12-27-13 07:16 PM
    I just bit the bullet and purchased an unlocked Z30 for the TMobile Network (STA100-5 model) from GSM Nation.

Deep breaths. I can't believe I just did it!! I had to buy it sight unseen as the Verizon carriers in my market don't even carry the Z30 so I could check it out. I hope I made the right decision. I'm excited, though.
    Did you get the white or black one? Either way everyone who I know who has used one has loved it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:19 PM
    Did you get the white or black one? Either way everyone who I know who has used one has loved it.

Posted via CB10
    I ended up going with the black model. I like white phones normally, but I think the metal accents on the Z30 look so sharp with the black.
    HotFix likes this.
    12-27-13 07:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    It looks like that website isn't correct and according to this other CN thread people have been getting STA100-5's:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...34/index4.html
    Bummer!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:25 PM
    Mobilecityonline.com out of New York City has them
    I've use them online and have stopped by the store a few times over the years to pick up a few items.
    Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:30 PM
    I just got mine in from GSMNation for 609$. Only gripe is it wasn't unlocked, so waiting for their email back with unlock code from Telus. It's a STA100-5 which is supposed to give LTE on T-Mobile

Posted via my kick@ss Z30 on the equally kick@ss CB10
    12-27-13 08:31 PM
    Thank you for your responses everyone,

I am currently on ATT, but plan on leaving asap. I will probably end up at the big red or Tmobile depending on their offerings. Ive seen a few on ebay where the LTE function isnt supported in the US at all. Something I want to stay clear of personally, especially if I am buying unlocked outright.

-Edit: Mis-read/add content
    Last edited by Grumblegrumble; 12-27-13 at 09:30 PM.
    12-27-13 09:12 PM
    Thank you for your responses everyone,

I am currently on ATT, but plan on leaving asap. I will probably end up at the big red or Tmobile depending on their offerings. Ive seen a few on ebay where the LTE function isnt supported in the US at all. Something I want to stay clear of personally, especially if I am buying unlocked outright.

-Edit: Mis-read/add content
    I love tmobile. They don't rip you off blind like vz or ma bell. I've got a Q10 but am also very near to getting a -5 model z30.

(I'm on tmobile $30 /month online only prepaid plan!).

Key to getting LTE as I found when I got my Canadian z10 months ago, made sure you get the model number to get you full bands like it sounds you've researched.

Cheers!

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    12-27-13 10:23 PM
    I helped out two friends on T-MOBILE by shipping STA100-5 from up here in Canada. These units can be bought easily for under $500 factory unlocked now and shipping anywhere from around $35. LTE is working just fine too and they are both very happy. If you know someone up here I would advise you to go that route.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:28 AM
    I helped out two friends on T-MOBILE by shipping STA100-5 from up here in Canada. These units can be bought easily for under $500 factory unlocked now and shipping anywhere from around $35. LTE is working just fine too and they are both very happy. If you know someone up here I would advise you to go that route.

Posted via CB10
    Can anyone find them? I might have one friend up there. $535ish is certainly cheaper than that gsarea that has them for 609

12-28-13 01:46 AM
    Can anyone find them? I might have one friend up there. $535ish is certainly cheaper than that gsarea that has them for 609

Yes you can PM me and I will point you in the right direction. If your friend is in my neck of the woods I'm even willing to lend a helping hand here. I still have contact info for one guy who said he had a few more for $490.00

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    12-28-13 07:22 AM
    Mobilecityonline.com out of New York City has them
    I've use them online and have stopped by the store a few times over the years to pick up a few items.
    Posted via CB10
    I am at Mobilecityonline now great price, do you know if it is model STA 100-5?
    01-03-14 06:36 PM
    I am at Mobilecityonline now great price, do you know if it is model STA 100-5?
    Do you have a Web link for that site?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:11 PM
    Do you have a Web link for that site?

Posted via CB10
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=33236

It says AT&T, but I am having a little difficulty in finding a link I have seen in the past that lists the radio bands of the STA100-1 to see if what Mobile city is listing is 100% compatible with AT&T's network.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-03-14 08:49 PM
    It says AT&T yes but there's no mention of LTE. The bands mentioned for GSM are pretty much standard across the board so it's hard to really say which variant this really is.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:47 PM
    That link shows att with the lte band but it says the device is on backorder with no known fulfillment date

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:04 AM
    I bought the z30 unlocked (100-5 for T-mobile US) from GSM Nation. I also bought the 2-year insurance plan they offered: the phone is not cheap (I paid $655 US) and having been bought unlocked from an online vendor there is no factory guarantee. FYI, I have seen their price fluctuates between $625 and $675 US. I had a positive experience with GSM Nation:
    1. Delivered significantly sooner than stated date.
    2. Impeccable conditions: every thing was sealed ad if it was out of the factory (which it can be because someone had to unlock it).
    3. My z30 is a Telus z30. However, the GSM Nation representative stated that the phones come from all over the globe and they can't say in advance the country your BBz30 will come from.
    4. The GSM Nation website has a page with the frequencies supported by each of the US career, including ATT. These info are accurate (based on my own personal research including on this site and ftc docs). You have to do some detective work to find these info because their location is not self-evident.
    5. They have a good stock. I think initially GSM Nation was taken by surprise by the requests and ran out of stock real fast and it stayed out of stock for at least a couple of weeks. I was on their waiting list for about 5-6 days. However, after they re-stocked they did so seriously and they also started offering the white z30.
    I really love this phone: the experience of using it is just beautiful. Go for it!

Sent from my BlackBerry z30
    austriker likes this.
    01-04-14 02:49 AM
    Where to buy unlocked in the US?-img_00000931.png

Hopefully this will offer some clarification.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    01-04-14 07:43 AM
    I bought the z30 unlocked (100-5 for T-mobile US) from GSM Nation. I also bought the 2-year insurance plan they offered: the phone is not cheap (I paid $655 US) and having been bought unlocked from an online vendor there is no factory guarantee. FYI, I have seen their price fluctuates between $625 and $675 US. I had a positive experience with GSM Nation:
    1. Delivered significantly sooner than stated date.
    2. Impeccable conditions: every thing was sealed ad if it was out of the factory (which it can be because someone had to unlock it).
    3. My z30 is a Telus z30. However, the GSM Nation representative stated that the phones come from all over the globe and they can't say in advance the country your BBz30 will come from.
    4. The GSM Nation website has a page with the frequencies supported by each of the US career, including ATT. These info are accurate (based on my own personal research including on this site and ftc docs). You have to do some detective work to find these info because their location is not self-evident.
    5. They have a good stock. I think initially GSM Nation was taken by surprise by the requests and ran out of stock real fast and it stayed out of stock for at least a couple of weeks. I was on their waiting list for about 5-6 days. However, after they re-stocked they did so seriously and they also started offering the white z30.
    I really love this phone: the experience of using it is just beautiful. Go for it!

Sent from my BlackBerry z30
    THAnKS!

That's who I'm looking at buying from, probably the white one for $609.. awwww so tempted

01-04-14 08:16 AM