Hi ,

decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the z30 on vodafone uk .phone currently charging.

1. how to i transfer all my contacts from Sony Xperia z to the z30.
    2. i've been told that i can install android apk files .. is there a step by step on how its done.i want to install xbmc , spotify and sky sports app.
    3. i've seen that there are leaked os that are out .. again is there a step by step on how to install a leak version.

Your help is much appreciated.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-27-13 09:28 AM
    Welcome to CRACKBERRY....ENJOY
    12-27-13 09:39 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry AND CrackBerry. Jealous, waiting for AT&T to release the Z30.

You'll get answers to those questions with links to "how-to" threads.
    Make sure you look into "Word Substitution"
    Make sure you get BBM rocking, look for BBM Groups here that interest you, and don't forget BBM Channels

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 09:46 AM
    Congratulations!

I'm not sure if this post will completely address your request about transferring contacts, but I think that it will:

Android to BlackBerry 10 - Step by step instructions on how to transfer contacts, calendars, pictures and more | CrackBerry.com

Here is a tutorial on loading .apk files:

How to install Android apps and APK files on BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 | CrackBerry.com

And here is where you will learn about loading leaked os':

How to install a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

I would recommend starting with loading the os first.
    12-27-13 09:59 AM
    Thank you all for the quick response . really appreciate it.

What is bbm and what is bbm groups

Phone fully charge will switch it on and try it .

Sent from my C6603 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-27-13 11:12 AM
    BBM is blackberry messenger.

May I ask what made you switch to a blackberry phone?
    12-27-13 11:38 AM
    Welcome to Z30 of men of crackberries running through a jungle of darkness...who...ya...!

From my Z30
    12-27-13 11:55 AM
    Reason why Ive chosen blackberry.

1. Best quality build and looking phone on the market . the use of premium material ... .not the cheap plastic of Samsung or lg or even iPhone 5c lol

2. I currently use cynogenmod 11 KitKat 4.4.2 on xperia z . android update are a joke .. Takes forever for a manufacturer to update there phone to latest Os..thus the reason I had to root and use a ROM however android is not secure therefore another reason to go for blackberry .

3. The availability of apps thought android apk... Is another reason for the switch over .. I frequently use xbmc on my phone and nav free sat nav .

For blackberry to regain market :
    1. Simplicity .. IPhone is expensive and overrated however its simple to use . connect to iTunes and u connected to a world of movies apps music books etc . from my 6 year old nephew to my grandad whose 89 yrs old can use it .

2. Create premium hardware and update every year . most importantly update software regularly and no needs for leaks ( dedicate a whole department on software improvement )

3. Improving app stores something like iTunes and investing ..

3. I should be the CEO lol

Sent from my C6603 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by robincoops; 12-27-13 at 01:48 PM.
    12-27-13 01:37 PM
    So far so good loving my new z30. Will try to upgrade to leak Os tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-27-13 04:51 PM
    My advice install the leak 0s 10.2.1. 1925 just like that and after that install snap and log in with your old playstore account so that you can download android apps and install them just that easy.

snap : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/

you must sideload this one. http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar

For your contact use your account again from google and install your account for email, contact and agenda.
    12-27-13 06:19 PM
    Once you skin stall the leaked os 10.2.1 you can download android apps right from certain android app stores. Or sideloaad the snap app and download from Google play.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-28-13 02:31 AM
    So once I've installed a leak version.. how to I go back to the official version.

Will all my files and app on leak version be accessible once revert back to official

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:41 AM
    I would recommend to backup the contacts on Google/Outlook because this method has calendar, to-do lists as well.
    12-28-13 03:59 AM
    Just got the z30 today and am in love with this thing even with the limitations of apps ( haven't figured out the Android part yet). Dark theme though out is real sleek and quick reply is a life changer!!
    12-28-13 04:18 PM
    I'd advices you to install the latest leak first and I'll advice you as well to transfer your contacts properly to do as follows:
    1- using your xperia phone, backup your contacts to vcard and transfer it to SD card of your z30
    2- install android launcher of your choice on z30 using your favorite method
    3- open the launcher and open contacts
    4- import the contacts

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:28 PM
    I use "Snap" which is a sideloaded apk installer. It accesses Google Play after you sign in to your Google account! Worked easily for me for Candy Crush Saga, Scrabble, Words With Friends.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:58 AM
    So far...

Still using official version. Phone has been used and abused lol browsing the Web., playing games, installing new app, downloading from 4g and wifi, using the Sat nav, watching movies on film on.. attempt at side loading Xbmc.. and battery life has been amazing.....first charged 39 hours ago and the bloody phone does not want to die...Lol getting there though..

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 03:47 AM
    So far...

Still using official version. Phone has been used and abused lol browsing the Web., playing games, installing new app, downloading from 4g and wifi, using the Sat nav, watching movies on film on.. attempt at side loading Xbmc.. and battery life has been amazing.....first charged 39 hours ago and the bloody phone does not want to die...Lol getting there though..

Posted via CB10
    Plug it into your pc and run a leak autoloader, then you can download apks directly. No need for side loading. The one I'm on is no more buggy than any official os.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    12-29-13 04:06 AM
    Coming from Android, all my contacts and calendars were linked with Gmail. I just set up my Gmail account on the Hub first thing, and everything was restored in a snap. I prefer to just keep everything synced with my Gmail account, should I ever have to go back to Android again one day.

I would also like to add that after having to wipe my phone multiple times with leaked OS updates, restoring everything has become a constant task. Syncing contacts and calendars with Gmail means I can restore without plugging my phone into BlackBerry Link and waiting.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:50 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry 10 and am having a terrible time side loading on this z30. Is this snap the easiest way?
    12-29-13 01:57 PM
    Yes, Snap should be the last app you would ever have to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 03:28 PM
    Do u have a link I can follow on how to download it?
    12-29-13 06:00 PM
    Here is a link to the file:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

Here is a link outlining the method I use:

http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-app...-google-chrome

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:44 AM
    Thanks. Although the download link seems to be broken : /
    12-31-13 02:00 PM
    Thanks. Although the download link seems to be broken : /
    You need to be on 10.2.1.xxxx for the apk's that are downloaded to work. If you get yourself on10.2.1.1925, snap works beautifully. I've got XBOX Smartglass, Instagram, Pinterest, vine, Temple run 1 & 2, Candy Crush, Angry birds friends, Coin Dozer, O2 TuGo, Ebay, BT WiFi, Marvel Comics etc all running fine. (haven't checked Pinterest yet).

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-02-14 01:03 AM