Updated for 2015: So here we are just about a year after this first happened to me, and my Q10 has gone back to behaving in exactly the same way. It's such a weird glitch and it looks like I will have to wipe the software again to make my phone work the way it should.

It's so weird because I know the touch screen is working, I can swipe into the hub etc, but the phone doesn't register any commands like tapping an icon or opening a text message. The only way I can navigate around my phone and get anything done is by using instant actions and typing what I want to do.

I'm just backing up my phone so I can wipe it and start over. Very annoying glitch.

----
    I woke up this morning to find my Q10 behaving really strangely and I can't fix it.

I can't open any apps (tapping their icons does nothing), I can pull down the settings menu but can't open settings or turn any of the options on or off, i can swipe into the hub but I can't get back out of the hub or go into a particular inbox I get stuck with the global hub. If I press an app icon about 40 times sometimes it will open and crash (other times It will open both phone and contacts instead even though I haven't pressed them).

I can open BBVe by typing it as an instant action but inside the app none of the buttons respond.

I have ruled out a faulty touchscreen because when I reboot the phone all areas of it respond and show the loading percentage when I touch the screen.

Is there any sort of memory purge I can try? It worked fine when I went to bed.
    Last edited by cfoxx; 02-01-15 at 06:33 PM.
    12-27-13 06:28 AM
    It is really strange. I think the solution it will be to connect you're phone to PC, open BlackBerry Link and reload the OS.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    12-27-13 06:32 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset? That usually fixes a whole load of things, hold down the up and down volume key together till the phone switches off then see what happens after that.
    12-27-13 06:43 AM
    Thanks, I did give that a try and also did a few battery pulls. It seems to load up into the same b0rked state every time. In BBVE none of the tests will run and yet pressing T or B on my q10 keyboard still scrolls the list so I know the app hasn't crashed
    12-27-13 06:46 AM
    thats when i do a reload of OS.
    12-27-13 12:38 PM
    thats when i do a reload of OS.
    Still having issues.

As per the advice here, I connected my Q10 to a Windows PC, did a backup in BlackBerry Link and then did a 'factory reset'. It completely wiped the device, took 3 HOURS and when it started up again it worked fine.

I then 'restored' my device to put my photos and app settings back, and it went back to how it was before - glitchy as hell. It seems to recognise swipes, but not screen 'presses'.

The weird thing is, if I hard reboot the Q10 then when it starts up I have about 15 seconds where it functions normally. during that 15 seconds I was able to press-and-hold on Twitter and delete the Twitter app. But after 15 seconds the phone stops accepting any on-screen 'presses' - only swipes.

Now I'm going to have to do another security wipe. Not at all impressed, how can they release something so buggy?! See you all in 3 hours I guess.
    12-27-13 12:48 PM
    You didn't put a "leaked" release on there did you? I've found that a lot of the problems I see around here from others are happening on their devices with the leaked releases, whereas I've not had one of those problems yet with my official/stock installation.

If all else fails (reloading the OS), then do you have any sort of warranty or insurance from your carrier? You could also contact BlackBerry if you're really desperate. I know they do repairs, don't know the cost though. I'm sorry though man, there's few things more miserable than having a borked device.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-27-13 12:58 PM
    You didn't put a "leaked" release on there did you? I've found that a lot of the problems I see around here from others are happening on their devices with the leaked releases, whereas I've not had one of those problems yet with my official/stock installation.
    I've never used a leaked OS but I did have Instagram sideloaded.

I've just finished my factory reset and the phone is working fine. Now I'm going to restore only my 'media' and not my applications. I'll see if that works.

I do have insurance (and the phone is still under warranty) but I've only had it since August it shouldn't have given up yet! The fact that it's all working after a factory reset suggests to me that it was a software glitch, some sort of app conflict perhaps.
    12-27-13 02:06 PM
    The way you explain how you have 15 seconds before problem reappear is kind of telling me is when the Hub resets the contacts and calendar or a app with some glitch restarts then the freezing comes back. The way to get rid of all this is to reinstall the OS but DON'T reinstall the backup. The problem is saved somewhere in the backup and you are just bring it back If you don't feel comfortable installing a leaked OS just reinstall the original one but after that you will have to put everything back manually. It will take some time but you will get rid of the glitch.

cfoxx likes this.
    12-27-13 02:19 PM
    The way you explain how you have 15 seconds before problem reappear is kind of telling me is when the Hub resets the contacts and calendar or a app with some glitch restarts then the freezing comes back. The way to get rid of all this is to reinstall the OS but DON'T reinstall the backup. The problem is saved somewhere in the backup and you are just bring it back If you don't feel comfortable installing a leaked OS just reinstall the original one but after that you will have to put everything back manually. It will take some time but you will get rid of the glitch.

Sounds about right - it seemed to be when the hub restarted that the glitch happened. so, so weird. I've now wiped my phone and I'm only restoring the "media". I guess this means I lose all my contacts?
    12-27-13 02:22 PM
    Sounds about right - it seemed to be when the hub restarted that the glitch happened. so, so weird. I've now wiped my phone and I'm only restoring the "media". I guess this means I lose all my contacts?
    I'm using outlook.com for emails, contacts and calendar. That way when I wipe the phone after installing a leaked OS in the moment I re add the outlook email my contacts and calendar are coming back on my phone. I recommend you setting you're contacts and calendar thru outlook.com or gmail.com. They provide the same sinking capabilities.

12-27-13 02:27 PM
    If you had your contacts synced to your email account, no, it will restore them when you link the account up again.

Glad you got it working again

12-27-13 02:29 PM
    I personally believe most problems people have is from restoring from previous backups... there seems to be some type of conflict... I always start from scratch and never have program/os problems...
    12-27-13 03:15 PM
    If you had your contacts synced to your email account, no, it will restore them when you link the account up again.

Glad you got it working again

I remember I did have contacts synced with my Gmail but for some reason it hasn't pulled them back in after adding my account. Very disappointing.
    12-27-13 03:40 PM
    I remember I did have contacts synced with my Gmail but for some reason it hasn't pulled them back in after adding my account. Very disappointing.
    Make sure when you re sign you're gmail account you set the sync contacts to on . Should start to populate you're contacts in few minutes .
    12-27-13 10:39 PM
    Still having issues.

As per the advice here, I connected my Q10 to a Windows PC, did a backup in BlackBerry Link and then did a 'factory reset'. It completely wiped the device, took 3 HOURS and when it started up again it worked fine.

I then 'restored' my device to put my photos and app settings back, and it went back to how it was before - glitchy as hell. It seems to recognise swipes, but not screen 'presses'.

The weird thing is, if I hard reboot the Q10 then when it starts up I have about 15 seconds where it functions normally. during that 15 seconds I was able to press-and-hold on Twitter and delete the Twitter app. But after 15 seconds the phone stops accepting any on-screen 'presses' - only swipes.

Now I'm going to have to do another security wipe. Not at all impressed, how can they release something so buggy?! See you all in 3 hours I guess.
    You found the source of the problem - the settings data might be corrupt. Performance a factory reset, install the latest BlackBerry OS aW0 version, restores only the photographs and documents but nothing else...specifically do NOT restore settings. If you have passwords stored in Password Keeper manually write them on paper before beginning this process.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-29-13 08:05 AM
    So here we are just about a year after this first happened to me, and my Q10 has gone back to behaving in exactly the same way. It's such a weird glitch and it looks like I will have to wipe the software again to make my phone work the way it should.

It's so weird because I know the touch screen is working, I can swipe into the hub etc, but the phone doesn't register any commands like tapping an icon or opening a text message. The only way I can navigate around my phone and get anything done is by using instant actions and typing what I want to do.

I'm just backing up my phone so I can wipe it and start over. Very annoying glitch.
    02-01-15 06:32 PM
    Did you activate the Screen Reader Beta by error ? You just have to quickly press 3 times the Power button to switch it off. Or go to Settings > Accessibility > Screen Reader BETA to disable it for good.
    02-01-15 08:47 PM
    Did you activate the Screen Reader Beta by error ? You just have to quickly press 3 times the Power button to switch it off. Or go to Settings > Accessibility > Screen Reader BETA to disable it for good.
    It would seem you have fixed my problem. Thank you!

Incredible. How embarrassing that I didn't notice and wiped my handset. I wonder if anybody else has been daft enough to experience this!
    02-02-15 12:26 PM
    This is awesome that you just solved this like that !!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 12:34 PM
    It would seem you have fixed my problem. Thank you!

Incredible. How embarrassing that I didn't notice and wiped my handset. I wonder if anybody else has been daft enough to experience this!
    I had the same problem last week. Reloaded my OS, then discovered the "screen reader" feature after doing some research and noted the exact symptoms you note. I don't know how it set itself into screen reader mode as I didn't purposely tap the power button three times or see the dialog. But I was in a bar at the time and it was in my pocket..... phone just seemed to freeze up and started talking to me when pressing buttons. First time in two years. I have shut off screen reader and three button tap.
    02-12-15 03:45 PM