BlackBerry needs to be more aggressive when it comes to marketing. Samsungs gs3 vs ip5 flyer went a long way Samsungs headset business. Microsoft is now taking this approach and seeing little more success. Why is(or given that they left the consumer market) BlackBerry's marketing team oblivious to this.

I did up a little cm flyer like Samsungs news paper article for the gs3. It's not the best just did it quickly in photo shop. This obviously wouldn't help them as much if not at all now.

BlackBerry needs to be more aggressive!! Samsung aggressive!-work-play.png

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-27-13 01:07 AM
    Now that they are not focusing on consumer market I doubt will see much. But they definitely should HAVE done a LOT more over the past two years.

Saw apple commercial where kid makes Christmas video on his phone and plays it on TV wirelessly. Couldn't help but think that should have been a BlackBerry commercial.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and SDTRMG like this.
    12-27-13 01:15 AM
    That's a nice flyer!
    Don't think anyone can top Samsung marketing tho, they really push it to the extreme and spend around 4x Blackberry's current cash amount on it
    It might sound twisted, but I still think there's a reason BB10 was never really advertised (although only the top level executives really understood that reason).
    I mean look at that latest Apple commercial. Probably didn't cost more than $2K to put out, but still managed to sell the device to the viewer.
    Gotta say it again, that's a really nice flyer!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and GadgetTravel like this.
    12-27-13 01:15 AM
    Blackberry seems to be all set to be much LESS aggressive in the consumer space. Producing the flyer isn't going to do anything if carriers aren't willing to offer or stock the flagship phones. That boat has sailed and it won't be coming back anytime soon if ever. The idea that BB10 will catch on and spread by word of mouth is pretty unrealistic. There's not much there for people to notice. "Balance" is a pretty dull concept.
    12-27-13 01:45 AM
    Yeah I agree last I heard they spent close to 14 billion in marketing. That's ridiculous I'm, but it clearly worked.
    As twisted as it sounds it's possible with how bad the marketing went from the start (super bowl ad). I agree the latest apple commercials are good, they give of that "selling you a lifestyle" tied to smartphone feel. And thank you, I just remember BlackBerry did a magazine print up and thought this is what it should have been.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-27-13 02:04 AM
    They could still market the Z30 and remarket the left over inventory of the Z10s left. This wouldn't be a bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:22 AM
    BlackBerry needs to be more aggressive when it comes to marketing. Samsungs gs3 vs ip5 flyer went a long way Samsungs headset business. Microsoft is now taking this approach and seeing little more success. Why is(or given that they left the consumer market) BlackBerry's marketing team oblivious to this.

I did up a little cm flyer like Samsungs news paper article for the gs3. It's not the best just did it quickly in photo shop. This obviously wouldn't help them as much if not at all now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work-and-play.png 
Views:	1353 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	233632

That's a good looking Ad. Fire BB10 marketing department, they should hire you
    web99, Pmungus and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    12-27-13 02:25 AM
    I know its sad but blackberry cannot compete with Samsung in terms of advertisement ....... Now Samsung is going to invest 11 billion dollars in marketing ...... and that is more than the double the amount of cash blackberry have in total
    12-27-13 02:29 AM
    I think there is a error in your iphone section both are named 5s ? But the rest looks good
    12-27-13 02:32 AM
    Shoulda woulda coulda.

I think John Chen needs to spell it out for everyone, so there's no room for misunderstanding... they're not targeting the average consumer anymore.

The typical android and iPhone user are not who BlackBerry will try to sell its products to. This idea would have been alright when BlackBerry 10 launched, but it's too late now.

Best use of Z10s is to sell them in bulk to BES10 clients who are upgrading or choosing BlackBerry 10. Unload the inventory and claim more BES servers in use. This consumer stuff is over.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1, CDM76 and milo53 like this.
    12-27-13 02:48 AM
    I think there is a error in your iphone section both are named 5s ? But the rest looks good
    Actually one says 5c.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:44 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have Samsung money so guess that idea is void

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:12 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have Samsung money so guess that idea is void

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to have samsung month to advertise aggressively. Obviously they wouldn't be able to advertise as much as samsung did, but for the advertising they did do, they could haven't done a whole lot more.

CDM76 likes this.
    12-27-13 10:13 AM
    Blackberry seems to be all set to be much LESS aggressive in the consumer space. Producing the flyer isn't going to do anything if carriers aren't willing to offer or stock the flagship phones. That boat has sailed and it won't be coming back anytime soon if ever. The idea that BB10 will catch on and spread by word of mouth is pretty unrealistic. There's not much there for people to notice. "Balance" is a pretty dull concept.
    Balance I'd dull depending who the user is, I own a business with 3 locations 10 employees etc. We're not big enough for a bes10 contract really, but using the balance feature helps me would definitely help me separate my business and personal life.

12-27-13 10:16 AM
    Balance doesn't sound like something you could effectively sell to consumers, though. Who goes into a smartphone retailer saying "I want to separate all my business stuff from the personal stuff. " It sounds like something you would impose on your employees rather than something that they would want to do. Most people want all of their stuff to be as accessible as possible.
    Drew808 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-27-13 10:37 AM
    Money wise, BlackBerry can not match Samsung on marketing but they should focus more on effective marketing, make every dollar count, get as many phones in peoples hands as possible and improve on R&D to ensure they make phones people want to buy
    12-27-13 11:29 AM
    I think we've seen so many enthusiasts trying to get the market stirred up, but until the leadership at BB has their ducks lined up and quacking in unison, we have no idea what they're really doing right now. Give them a chance to revamp, and we'll see where they're going, eventually. Patience sucks, sometimes, but rebuilding doesn't happen in a few days, or sometimes, weeks.

Oh, and since the subject is marketing, the Armchair CEO subforum is the right place for the discussion.
    12-27-13 11:36 AM
    In sales when competing against a much larger opponents you do not go head to head. You will get stomped on.

You observe and sell to the other vendors weaknesses. This means taking bites out of places that are not noticed. Until it becomes an irritation then you change the plan again. Each time taking little bites.

Before the elephant knows it, it is starting to slow down and will eventually fall. I am not saying that will happen with Samsung but the higher you go the quicker you will fall. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is forever. True for sales as it is with life itself!

So we shall see how John Chen and BlackBerry plan to do this over the coming months and years hopefully.

We all want BlackBerry to be successful...don't we?

OP: I liked your idea. It is what I do in my business.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 12-27-13 at 04:31 PM.
    milo53 likes this.
    12-27-13 11:45 AM
    IMO BlackBerry doesn't have to do the same amount as Samsung since they don't have the large budget like Samsung. I think all they have to do is let the public know about the new BB10 OS and get them excited about it.

Basically they need to let the public know this isn't the old BlackBerry, but rather it's a new BlackBerry heading in a better direction.

I actually didn't like the old BlackBerry OS all that much either. Their previous phones also didn't seem all that exciting either. BB10 and the Z10 was what got me interested in BlackBerry. Most people remember the old BlackBerry and it seems BlackBerry isn't trying too hard to change people's minds.

IMO I think BlackBerry is a "new" company now with their new leadership and new OS. They seem to be heading in the right direction, but the general public doesn't know that. It's disappointing that not even BlackBerry is trying to let the public know about the good change.
    12-27-13 03:01 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work-and-play.png 
Views:	1353 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	233632

You should tweet this to them

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-27-13 03:15 PM
    That's a nice flyer!
    Don't think anyone can top Samsung marketing tho, they really push it to the extreme and spend around 4x Blackberry's current cash amount on it
    It might sound twisted, but I still think there's a reason BB10 was never really advertised (although only the top level executives really understood that reason).
    I mean look at that latest Apple commercial. Probably didn't cost more than $2K to put out, but still managed to sell the device to the viewer.
    Gotta say it again, that's a really nice flyer!

Posted via CB10
    I think I read somewhere that Samsungs advertising budget per year is more than the value of BB as a company. I don't see how they can compete with that.
    12-27-13 03:34 PM
    You observe and sell to the other vendors weaknesses. This means taking bites out of places that are not noticed. Until it becomes an irritation then you change the plan again. Each time taking little bites.
    What if you are built like an elephant because you used to be an elephant? Can you adopt this strategy?
    12-27-13 03:37 PM
    Shoulda woulda coulda.

I think John Chen needs to spell it out for everyone, so there's no room for misunderstanding... they're not targeting the average consumer anymore.

The typical android and iPhone user are not who BlackBerry will try to sell its products to. This idea would have been alright when BlackBerry 10 launched, but it's too late now.

Best use of Z10s is to sell them in bulk to BES10 clients who are upgrading or choosing BlackBerry 10. Unload the inventory and claim more BES servers in use. This consumer stuff is over.

Posted via CB10
    100% correct! unfortunately.
    12-27-13 03:43 PM
    Once the official 10.2.1.xxxx OS is released BlackBerry should market the sh** out of it. Should advertise it as best of both worlds. "The security you expect from BlackBerry with the apps you enjoy from android."

Secondly a BB android app world needs to be developed Snap is a good start but it's hit or miss on what android apps work blackberry needs to release an android app work counterpart that has android apps that have been vetted to work on BB10's android runtime.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    12-27-13 03:43 PM
    That's a good looking Ad. Fire BB10 marketing department, they should hire you
    Wow, great information in the ad. Almost Frank Boulbin quality! Just kidding.....
    12-27-13 03:53 PM
37 12