I think it was when I updated my blackberry world on my 9810 but now I get these stupid advertisements showing up in my inbox just about every day trying to sell me apps. They appear as big black stars and take me right into BB World ready to buy and download. I looked for a way to turn it off but could not find it. Does anyone have a solution to get rid of this spam. Really not happy that I was hijacked this way. I know things are not good for Blackberry but this is just a bit too much.

Thanks.

Roveer
    12-26-13 10:14 PM
    Are these ads from one particular developer? Some apps have been known to cause this. Annoying, and typically you need to identify the app causing the problem and uninstall it. I don't recall seeing anything reported where BlackBerry/BlackBerry World is the culprit.
    12-26-13 11:17 PM
    Well, I just took a minute to think about what I've done with my 9810. It's been an age since I installed any new apps, but most recently I remember updating BB World. I installed dropbox and I installed "goto g drive". The other day I uninstalled dropbox and continued to receive the messages, today I just uninstalled goto g drive. I guess we'll wait and see if they stop.

[edit] ---

I just uninstalled goto g drive and upon reboot I noticed that the black star message that was sitting in my inbox is now gone. Thinking we found our culprit. Strange thing is, the solicitations were for developers other than the author of goto g drive. I can live without the app if it stops the spam to my inbox.

Roveer
    12-27-13 03:23 PM
    Glad you found the app that was causing the problem. I had one of those that took me a long process of elimination to find and delete. A royal pain.
    12-27-13 07:36 PM
    kudos for still using the 9810, my previous phone. I do remember this though, towards the last leg of my days with this phone, where ads would pop up from apps, and more from this one app in particular... forgot the name... but it wasn't even installed on my phone. no way to turn it off either, it just kept coming and coming- not everyday but every other day. super annoying. doesn't happen on the Z10 though ;-)
    12-30-13 09:30 PM
    But I hate to tell you guys this, It is the app store it's self that is the cause of these ads. I remove it them install when I want something. I called and emailed BlackBerry copes of my screen and demanded that they stop and they only got worse. Here's what I see, not many devs and so to make them happy they give them permission to bug the hell out of us.
    Some apps are horrible I have posted in the store yet the dev takes down my statements.
    I will stick with Z 10 IF it does not do the same. If it comes to this phone I'm finding a lawyer put up a nasty website and or sell my phone for dirt cheap price. I hate advertising to the core of my soul in its intrusive fashion it has twisted it's self into in the last few years.
    Everyone knows the web was not intended for this type of hijacking by advertising companies but sadly it has been allowed because many people won't stand up to these worldwide screen molesters!
    I feel just a tad bit of sorrow for these devs but my philosophy is I didn't call you so don't call me and If I'm not following you then you won't follow me.
    04-13-14 04:04 PM