One thing I dislike when updating from a Leaked Autoloader is the fact that it'll wipe my device and all it's settings.

I recently found out it is possible to extract an Autoloader using Sachesi, leaving you with all the *.bar files the OS needed.

I was wondering if it would do harm when you drag this folder into Sachesi like you would do after you've downloaded the OS from a Carrier?

Posted via CB10 on Z10LE
    12-26-13 05:39 AM
    One thing I dislike when updating from a Leaked Autoloader is the fact that it'll wipe my device and all it's settings.

I recently found out it is possible to extract an Autoloader using Sachesi, leaving you with all the *.bar files the OS needed.

I was wondering if it would do harm when you drag this folder into Sachesi like you would do after you've downloaded the OS from a Carrier?

Posted via CB10 on Z10LE
    Sachesi & Darci's Tools will extract the bar files of the apps, not the core OS or radio, for those onlye signed files can be extracted (to make new autoloaders).

So you can't do an upgrade extracting files from an autoloader....

If I remember correctly Xsacha was working on a workaround to install signed files with sachesi....

Cheers
    FabianR
    JunkieXP likes this.
    12-26-13 05:48 AM
    Yeah, the problem is that the core OS cannot be updated this way.

You can update the radio by making an autoloader out of it (and it only) and that will not wipe the device. You can also update the BAR files (applications) but doing so if there's a core dependency (and you have no way to know if one exists) is dangerous, because you can soft-brick the phone this way and then have to reload anyway.
    12-26-13 09:25 AM
    Only thing that I would want to update is Android Runtime.

But sideloaded both sys.android and sys.android.shell didn't work out.

I think I just need to wait till january.

Posted via CB10 on Z10LE
    12-26-13 09:36 AM
    Yeah, the problem is that the core OS cannot be updated this way.

You can update the radio by making an autoloader out of it (and it only) and that will not wipe the device. You can also update the BAR files (applications) but doing so if there's a core dependency (and you have no way to know if one exists) is dangerous, because you can soft-brick the phone this way and then have to reload anyway.
    So the best way to update your phone if not OTA by a carrier, is by using the destructive method with an autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:40 AM
    So the best way to update your phone if not OTA by a carrier, is by using the destructive method with an autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    Well, that depends.

If ANY carrier has release what you want you can Sachesi it and get the BAR files, then update that way. This is exactly identical in form and function to an OTA update, but done over USB instead, and YOU choose which firmware rev to load this way instead of the carrier.

But -- if no carrier has released it then you can't get the BAR files - all you have for leaks is an autoloader.

The problem with the autoloader is that it can only contain a few files (six, to be exact.) And what's worse is that .signed files, which are what's in an autoloader, are BAR files minus the manifest.

Now that wouldn't be so bad except that the manifest contains a cryptographic signature and to create it you need BlackBerry's signing key, which you don't have and can't acquire. Without it a BAR file that goes into system space won't load. It's redundant in the case of a .signed file, because a .signed file is itself cryptographically signed, but the firmware on the phone won't handle one bare -- it demands the BAR file wrapper.

I have tried to recreate that signature -- thus far without success, and my suspicion is that it can't be done without that signing key, although it's certainly possible that I missed something in my inspection.
    Ragbert likes this.
    12-26-13 10:31 AM
    Well, that depends.

If ANY carrier has release what you want you can Sachesi it and get the BAR files, then update that way. This is exactly identical in form and function to an OTA update, but done over USB instead, and YOU choose which firmware rev to load this way instead of the carrier.

But -- if no carrier has released it then you can't get the BAR files - all you have for leaks is an autoloader.

The problem with the autoloader is that it can only contain a few files (six, to be exact.) And what's worse is that .signed files, which are what's in an autoloader, are BAR files minus the manifest.

Now that wouldn't be so bad except that the manifest contains a cryptographic signature and to create it you need BlackBerry's signing key, which you don't have and can't acquire. Without it a BAR file that goes into system space won't load. It's redundant in the case of a .signed file, because a .signed file is itself cryptographically signed, but the firmware on the phone won't handle one bare -- it demands the BAR file wrapper.

I have tried to recreate that signature -- thus far without success, and my suspicion is that it can't be done without that signing key, although it's certainly possible that I missed something in my inspection.
    Mmmm, interesting. Thanks for that info.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:32 AM
    OK, hopefully someone here can help. I created an autoloader via sachesi of just a radio from an old 2141 loader I have. So I just combined the signed radio into an autoloader and bricked my phone. Id just like to know if I should have added some other file to make it work correctly? I ran it on top of a non destructive update to 2156 btw. I've reloaded, restored, and loaded the same radio as a bar file with no problems.

STL100-4, .1925 OS, .1926 radio
    03-16-14 09:02 AM