Went into the local corporate store to upgrade the daughters iPhone. As she sampled what was available, I went in search of blackberry devices.

There were none on display!

I hope mr Chen fixes this!
    12-25-13 06:45 PM
    I was in a store yesterday and over heard a sale person say they don't sell them at the stores anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:46 PM
    Went into the local corporate store to upgrade the daughters iPhone. As she sampled what was available, I went in search of blackberry devices.

I doubt Chen can wave his magic wand and force displays into carriers stores, if it were that easy, or demand was there, it would have been done by now.
    12-25-13 06:58 PM

I have been with AT&T all my life and I am 59, yesterday I got two letters from AT&T, one form Dana Cogshwell Excutive Director, Customer Relationship Management and the other form John Dwyer Senior Vice President, Customer Experiences. Both letters are about how great AT&T is.
    The letter from Dana Cogshwell has there top choices of smart phones and a BlackBerry� is not listed. I know these are just form letters but I am going to write both of these people and tell them how I feel about them blackballing BlackBerry. That is what they are doing, trying to close them down.
    mzceetee and donmateo like this.
    12-25-13 07:04 PM
    I have said this before. BlackBerry is really pulling out of retail in the USA. We have jerks in here that say source??? Source??? I cant tell you my sources name to protect them but they are a carrier rep and work with carriers. If you notice AT&T stopped carrying the 9900 even though a lot of thier corporate customers use them. W
    hy?? Because AT&T is telling them they need to switch off of BlackBerry. Thorston and the board want to pull out of retail. What pisses me off I was told they will sell unlocked phones in the US on their website well why we can't buy AT&T Z30s?? I was told they cant sell the
    Unless AT&T picks them up. From what I can see BlackBerry is over at AT&T.

Sent by the worlds best phone the Z30
    milo53 likes this.
    12-25-13 07:38 PM
    There are none in T-Mobile either.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:39 PM
    How many more signs are needed at this point? It's just painful to watch them die so slowly.
    milo53 likes this.
    12-25-13 07:58 PM
    I believe there is more in depth about BlackBerry failure in US,and the gut feeling is NSA is involved..

Via Z10 AT&T - OS 10.2.1.1925
    12-26-13 01:12 AM
    The Z30 is supposed to be exclusive to Verizon.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-26-13 01:45 AM
    I believe there is more in depth about BlackBerry failure in US,and the gut feeling is NSA is involved..

You cannot seriously believe that...
    jackxz likes this.
    12-26-13 02:07 AM
    You cannot seriously believe that...
    Maybe a little too much eggnog at Christmas! Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-26-13 02:09 AM
    At&T no good...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:28 PM

Got my tinfoil hat out already. No seriously, it's more economic reasons. If they could, the carriers would be happy to sell us the iPhone exclusively: in two models, with different storage options, some colour variations and that's it.

BlackBerry offers us choice, and less choice is bad for the consumers, even the iPeople themselves. Apple hasn't been innovating that much lately.

("Thanks to Intel for making great CPUs, and to AMD for keeping Intel on the ball". Imagine what the PC world was without AMD, even though their products have not been too convincing last year (but love the A8/A10 series for cheap gaming rigs). )

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-27-13 12:54 AM
    It's mainly an economic decision on AT&T's part. Businesses have to pay taxes on unsold inventory sitting on shelves. As a result, those businesses will not carry products which have little demand and don't move off the shelves.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-13 12:04 PM
    I have said this before. BlackBerry is really pulling out of retail in the USA. We have jerks in here that say source??? Source??? I cant tell you my sources name to protect them but they are a carrier rep and work with carriers. If you notice AT&T stopped carrying the 9900 even though a lot of thier corporate customers use them. W
    hy?? Because AT&T is telling them they need to switch off of BlackBerry. Thorston and the board want to pull out of retail. What pisses me off I was told they will sell unlocked phones in the US on their website well why we can't buy AT&T Z30s?? I was told they cant sell the
    Unless AT&T picks them up. From what I can see BlackBerry is over at AT&T.

Thorsten Heins hasn't been CEO for a while, now. It's December, time to update for the New Year...
    12-27-13 12:08 PM
    I know, but I think Chen isnt going to change Thorston plans to kill off the US

01-01-14 08:14 AM
    Wasn't there a blog post of the Z30 for AT&T submitted to the FCC for approval?

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    01-01-14 02:05 PM
    Yes,however AT&T isn't picking it up. BlackBerry built them because AT&T said they wanted them. They have since changed their mind and BlackBerry is stuck with inventory they cant sell. BlackBerry is trying their hardest to get AT&T to pick it up so its a possibility but at the moment AT&T has no plans to launch it. Once again my source is a carrier rep that has been trying to push them to pick it up.

01-01-14 02:41 PM
    Wth?????!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 02:46 PM
    Really there is no exclusive to Verizon. They going to make it look good and say it is,why would VZW pay for an exclusive then not sell it in the stores or advertise it. Think about it no other US carrier wants it. The Z10 and Q failed here so they are not going to try the 30. Its very sad as I feel its the best BlackBerry to date and I have played with a S4 and Iphone S5 and still find the Z30 superior and is my device by choice!

01-01-14 06:26 PM

John Chen is obviously a smart and accomplished executive. I think he realizes that the little market share BB has left in the US is all corporate, and corporate clients can put in bulk orders with carriers. It is simply more economic to devote floor space at kiosks and stores to products that appeal to consumers.

Read his earnings call comments. The BB of yesteryear is no more, and Chen is taking the company in a software-focused direction, just as Leo Apotheker tried to do at HP in 2011 before the board kicked him out.

They'll continue to churn out BB10 devices through Foxconn, but those will be low-cost, low-margin devices aimed at markets where BB still has some allure among consumers, like Indonesia, South Africa, etc. I doubt these phones will appeal to the average CB poster.
    01-02-14 03:43 PM
    I was in a store yesterday and over heard a sale person say they don't sell them at the stores anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I stopped in a Verizon store to replace my ailing iPhone and overheard one of the sales people talking to a customer about how they were frustrated with their whichever BB10 phone has no keyboard. The rep agreed and said "Yeah, they suck don't they?"
    01-03-14 03:02 PM
    Yes,however AT&T isn't picking it up. BlackBerry built them because AT&T said they wanted them. They have since changed their mind and BlackBerry is stuck with inventory they cant sell. BlackBerry is trying their hardest to get AT&T to pick it up so its a possibility but at the moment AT&T has no plans to launch it. Once again my source is a carrier rep that has been trying to push them to pick it up.

If that is the case these phones need to go to EBay like the HP pre 3 did when ATT didnt want to buy already boxed and branded att webos phones. They sold great at around 400 bucks a pop in nov. 2011. That was a crap kids phone compared to the Z30.
    01-03-14 10:59 PM
    BlackBerry is putting zero effort into marketing and advertising the phones. Why should the carriers keep stock and give them valuable floor space over other companies?
    01-05-14 02:14 PM