Hl all.

I was lucky enough to receive a pair of BOSE QC20i headphones. I'm a long time BOSE user so these were a real treat.

However - I don't want to open the packaging because they're labelled 20i instead of just "20"
    The difference is that the "i'" series has more controls for song management (above and beyond simple volume/mute controls) as well as a microphone inline. 'i" of course is normally aimed at iPhones.

Have any of you tried these headsets? Any comments/ideas/suggestions?

I don't have easy access to a BOSE store at the moment or I'd just drive over and experiment.

Thanks!

--Bill
    12-25-13 02:30 PM
    I'm using those QC20i every day - and they works great. Best headphones so far...

the "i" controls works as well - play/pause, volume controls, next/prev track

(you must have the media keys enabled in settings)

some apps that reconfigure / remap the play/pause keys - will make trouble for the headphones controls, but most "better apps" lets you disable this remapping - and everything works fine...

Bose should find some other way to label their models - and get rid of the "i" specification...
    perhaps they should do some research and add a "device compatibility list" instead.

Go for the "i" version... you won'r regret it
    gansito, botess and Nick Spagnolo like this.
    12-26-13 08:35 AM
    Morten, which BB device do you use these with? I'm on a Z10 and was about to pull the trigger on the QC20, but after reading your post it make sense to go with the QC20i. Thanks in advance!
    04-15-14 12:04 PM
    @Morten

Can you confirm the QC20i works with your Blackberry Passport? And Blackberry 10 devices in general? Sorry didn't pick up from your post that you were definitely using a BB10 device, but I expect you were!

I have a Passport with 10.3 and wanting to know if the QC20i works, frankly because it gives us more choice.
    02-15-15 04:17 AM
    @Morten

Can you confirm the QC20i works with your Blackberry Passport? And Blackberry 10 devices in general? Sorry didn't pick up from your post that you were definitely using a BB10 device, but I expect you were!

I have a Passport with 10.3 and wanting to know if the QC20i works, frankly because it gives us more choice.
    It works - BUT - the volume controls don't work.. As you can read in many other threads here, the hardware of Z3 and Passport is not wired to support hardware controls like those you find on the QC20i and many many others...

I cannot use BlackBerry's headphones myself, their type won't sit in my ears, - so the QC20i's are great - superb fit, great audio, and good noise cancelling - so I don't mind using the volume controls on my phone instead of the wires... The microphone on the QC20's is also excellent - and make a great handsfree set.
    02-15-15 09:32 AM
    Works great on my Z30. I received the headphones as a gift and was hesitant to open the package because of the "i" labeling as well. Bottom line: Best headphone set I've ever used.

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    02-15-15 09:40 AM
    Morten - awesome, thanks for clarifying! Glad to hear you rate both the mic and the earbuds. The control unit seems a little big, perhaps not bulky, but something else to carry around. I guess that's what you get for such tech in earbuds vs. the full headset.
    02-16-15 12:32 AM