My BlackBerry red flip shell is not working with proximity sensor?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:57 AM
    What is the problem? The proximity sensor is near the led/camera near the top edge of the phone. The case should not interfere with it. It should detect when you move the phone near or away from your face when the case is open.

The lid for the case does have a magnet that places the phone into Standby when closed, and awakes it when opened.
    12-25-13 11:11 AM
    I can probably make a guess, but could you please explain exactly what you mean and how you expect it to act?
    12-25-13 11:12 AM
    Not working...when I close the flip...is stay on...and vice-versa...is a software bug...or is my case defective...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:28 AM
    Not working...when I close the flip...is stay on...and vice-versa...is a software bug...or is my case defective...

Posted via CB10
    So when on a call with case closed the screen stays on and when on a call with case open the screen goes off?

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-25-13 12:57 PM
    If you have something magnetic or iron you can test it.

The magnet is located about half between the top and bottom and maybe 3/4 inch in from the fold (where it wraps around the z10). Something iron or magnet should be attracted to that area even on the outside of the case. Similarly, you can carefully take a magnet and move it toward the z10's screen in that same general location and the phone should turn on/off as you move the magnet.

If the case it NEW, it might be a bit stiff so it does not close fully but it softens as you use it and should close better. Unfortunately, it does not close with a magnet at the Vol button side of the phone. So it just closes but does not "latch" in any way.

Oh, by the way, WELCOME to Crackberry.
    12-25-13 12:57 PM
    Is a blackberry flip shell red...brand new...maybe is a bug...I don't know...I don't have a magnet to test it...tnx anyway

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:01 PM
    Is a blackberry flip shell red...brand new...maybe is a bug...I don't know...I don't have a magnet to test it...tnx anyway

Posted via CB10
    Well, the case can be tested with a piece of iron, like the metal clip on a pen or similar metal that is attracted to magnets as the case has the magnet.

There was a sensor issue about a week ago and another a week earlier. But generally a reboot fixed it.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    12-25-13 03:58 PM