This thread is directed solely at the AT&T customers in the continental US planning on purchasing a BOLD on Nov. 4.

That said, how many people are rationalizing their purchase of the BOLD on Nov.4 for $299, when more than likely the price will drop to $199 either during the holiday season or just after the new year?

What is your rationalization?

I'm just not sure if I can afford a $100 fee to have the phone a couple months early, with the holiday season one month away. Perhaps I'm just looking for a good reason to buy it?
    11-01-08 04:50 AM
    This thread is directed solely at the AT&T customers in the continental US planning on purchasing a BOLD on Nov. 4.

That said, how many people are rationalizing their purchase of the BOLD on Nov.4 for $299, when more than likely the price will drop to $199 either during the holiday season or just after the new year?

What is your rationalization?

I'm just not sure if I can afford a $100 fee to have the phone a couple months early, with the holiday season one month away. Perhaps I'm just looking for a good reason to buy it?
    nothing will stop me from being BOLD!
    11-01-08 05:05 AM
    I am hoping to be able to just pay he 299 to get it on tuesday but I am sure there will be a problem with my account.

Either way I will expense the device as a test device for my company since I just deployed BES in our environment this week I am just waiting on the bold to test and document before moving the BES into production.
    11-01-08 05:20 AM
    I will be BOLD on Nov 4th no matter the cost...lol I have been waiting to be BOLD for about....well it seems like FOREVER!!!!!! 2 1/2 more days!
    11-01-08 08:03 AM
    Wife: Honey, have you checked the bank account lately?
    Me: Nope.

Wife: There seems to be a large ATM withdrawal
    Me: Really????

Wife: (Giving me that �LOOK�)
    Me: What?

Wife: What did you buy this time?
    Me: Nothing.

Wife: (same look)
    Me: Yet.

11-01-08 08:23 AM
    Well, first off I'm single so I don't have anybody else to justify it to. Second, my Treo died almost a month ago and I was forced to pick up a new handset. I knew about the Bold, but it obviously wasn't out yet, so I went with a Curve. With the Bold coming out on the 4th, I'll be within my 30 day return window on the Curve, so I'll be able to swap it out and pay the difference (which given that I got the hookup on the Curve it's going to be substantial.) I really miss 3G though. Edge is noticably slower.
    11-01-08 08:48 AM
    I will be BOLD on Tuesday also.....My BOLD will be a work related expense
    11-01-08 09:01 AM
    Case = $20
    Service = $170 (me and the wife)
    Bold = $299
    Being able to have one in my hands on November 4th...priceless
    11-01-08 10:19 AM
    It will be a high price to pay no doubt about it we're looking at 399.99 plus tax = 423.99 out the door with a MIR of a $100 and that's the sale price and I believe it's like $549.99 retail at ATT correct me if I'm wrong...factor in the wifes getting one too , but this is a must have device that I plan on keeping at least a year and a half, about as long as I've been rocking the curve since day 1 on ATT and my 8310 is still getting it done but its Bolds time to shine now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 10:21 AM
    Yea that is a nice chunk of change. I want it though, so there's no stopping me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 10:24 AM
    oh sh**********i***********t.

I mean, well, I really want to have it.... but 100 dollars drop in about a month is just getting me pissed off.....

ahhhhhh... buy or wait, this is a philosophical question...
    11-01-08 10:50 AM
    I'll be sporting the BOLD on Tuesday as well. The price is what it is. If you want one now you've got to pay the price. Buying through the AT&T store is still cheaper than what they are going for on eBay!
    11-01-08 10:50 AM
    I am all over the Bold Tuesday no matter what.
    11-01-08 10:51 AM
    Happy with my Curve and no problems.
    11-01-08 10:59 AM
    Not many options for HSDPA 2100 handsets out there for use in Japan in a design I like. Physical keyboard a must so iPhone's a no-go on that too.

I should be able to expense part of the Bold, and the remainder...well it runs about $150~$200 to rent a phone in Japan for 3 weeks so it's a no brainer...
    11-01-08 11:10 AM
    What makes you think that it's "more than likely" that the price will drop by $100 in a month or two? Personally, I think the price will hold for a while. The overpriced iphone notwithstanding, these kinds of phones tend to hold their price long term.

That being said, I've waited too long not to pull the trigger Nov. 4. Anyway, I've already got the money saved up.
    11-01-08 11:12 AM
    I am getting one, I receive a 50% discount off of a new phone through AT&T. So I will be paying $275.00 plus tax.
    11-01-08 11:49 AM
    think of it this way..when that new gorgeous car comes out, they jack the price up by a few thousand..people still buy the phone. So whats an additional $100 to have one of the best devices out the day it comes out?

i probably wont have the device on tuesday i have to wait until mine gets approved, so hopefully friday
    11-01-08 11:53 AM
    I am going Bold on Tuesday, nothing can stop me, I have to add a line for $9.99 to get it, but I am getting Bold on the 4th!

I see there is going to be alot of us bold on Tuesday! yay!
    Bold is a new black!
    11-01-08 12:05 PM

Bold is a new black!
    LOL thats a great way at looking at it
    11-01-08 12:10 PM
    I probably won't get the Bold right away on Tuesday... but I'm willing to pay the money to get it as soon as possible.

I just wanna get rid of this blasted iPhone. The touch screen is becoming very laggy :/
    11-01-08 12:30 PM
    Wife: Honey, have you checked the bank account lately?
    Me: Nope.

Wife: There seems to be a large ATM withdrawal
    Me: Really????

Wife: (Giving me that �LOOK�)
    Me: What?

Wife: What did you buy this time?
    Me: Nothing.

Wife: (same look)
    Me: Yet.

That will be me on the 4th - :P
    11-01-08 01:03 PM
    I'm planning to wait. After going into Best Buy yesterday and fondling their "fake" Bold for their display I mentioned that the price of $299 was just too much. Their sales rep they anticipate it to be less within a month..$199 they said. Well, I took that with a grain of salt as it came from a girl dressed up as a construction worker that had "home wrecker" on the back. And yes....she was VERY attractive and could wreck my home if she wanted.

Then I went over to my local Costco and they have those cell huts in there with all the carriers. They tried to talk me into a G1 and I politely declined stating I was waiting for the Bold. The guy said they would have them Nov. 15th for MUCH less than the $299 price.

I plan to hold out after the new year anyway. Need to get my wife a new Curve first. Much rather get her a Javelin but she's impatient.
    11-01-08 01:48 PM
    Doesn't BestBuy have price gaurantee.

So if you buy it on the 4th and it's 199 before 30 days they will give you the 100 dollars.

I believe they did this for people that bought the PS3.
    11-01-08 02:08 PM
    I will say this, if the $299 out the door on the 4th, I would not even blink no matter what the price dropped to a week or a month later. But this BS MIR is causing me a great deal of pause.
    11-01-08 02:37 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD