Hello, everyone ... this is my first post here. As a BlackBerry user myself, I've been reading and following this very informative forum since few months ago. I think I'll make myself an account today so to I can ask questions as well as answer them should there be anyone in need of help.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase!

First of all, I am in possession of BlackBerry Z10 model STL100-1. I don't think I have done anything funny to get myself in trouble, but I have been trying from one leak to another and beside leak 10.1, 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks have been giving me nothing but headache. Currently I'm on 10.1.0.4780, probably the only stable leak that I've tried so far. Since there are many 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks floating around, I will list down what I went through in general. Oh and FYI, I use autoloader mostly to upload OS to my phone. The phone Blackberry functions itself works OK but when it comes to Android runtime, things went haywire. I know most the issues I'm going to mention have been floating around all over the forum (been searching and all that). But I think I would like to give it a personal go.

My experience is of STL100-1. I noticed other STLs users are able to get few combinations right and getting their apps connected through data connection. Not sure what is wrong with STL100-1.

Leak 10.1 (both official and leak builds) is working perfectly in my Z10, but since I tried leak 10.2.1.1055 for few (painful) days, I always feel the pinch whenever I look for features that is not yet available. Still, however I choose functionality over features any day, although I can't get it around my head why Android runtime for OS above 10.1 refuse to work anywhere near "decent".

Leak 10.2 (tried official, multiple leaks and combination of runtimes) is chaotic. Few notables updates, and Android apps that needs internet connection always gave me the "no connection error". I've bended over backwards over this issue. From installing different leak versions to replacing numerous Android runtimes with Sachesi ... none of them works for me to get rid of this "no connection" mumbo jumbo. Apps I use intensively are EagleEyes, Line, Instagram, Path, Viber. And while internet connection went okay for Instagram and Path, I can't make it work for Line and Viber. And oh, just a note, if I hook my phone to wifi there is no problem, but I stay outside most of the time with my phone so it's really something I can't live with. Whether it's runtime with or without bottom bar, locked or unlocked (I can handle locked runtime), whether it's this version or that version doesn't do a jack for me.

Lastly, leak 10.2.1.1055 is superb, but not without problems. For the first time Android apps works 100% with all the connections and all that... but ah!! The bummer!! Apparently there are issues whenever I try to upload pictures in Path or Instagram. Part of the image will become pixelated (sorry no pic, but I found similar problem on other threads). This is just unacceptable. Moreover, the blinking LED proximity sensor is driving me nuts! I don't get Facebook problems and sensor issues blah blah though. So I consider myself lucky. Putting that aside however I must say that 10.2.1 is what Blackberry OS should've been from day one. It almost seem as if RIM is releasing a half-baked OS on the market and letting us all end-user as voluntary beta-tester to get them time to come out with properly featured OS.

Now my question, is there anyway I can get into 10.2.1.xxxx without having my pics pixelated? Is there any BAR file inside the OS I can replace using Sachesi? There has to be a culprit application like image processing or something that caused this pixelations. And if anyone can explain to me why the proximity sensor keep blinking that would be great as well. I noticed that LED problems is somewhere there around the corner, people talk about it but I find no solution. And I guess that'd be all from me.

Any help would be much obliged!

Regards,
    tea1990
    Last edited by tea1990; 12-29-13 at 07:27 AM. Reason: people complaining
    12-23-13 08:46 PM
    Try the next leak. Read the thread, but I think some of your problems have been resolved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...7/#post9751661

I just noticed this thread and it seems the pixalated images were fixed on 10.2.1.1259, so they are probably fixed on the later OS 10.2.1.1925.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixed-886734/
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-23-13 at 09:20 PM.
    tea1990 likes this.
    12-23-13 09:08 PM
    You're lucky you don't have to calibrate your device every couple of days/weeks when it starts randomly shutting off at like 27% like many of us -1 users have :P
    But your problems can maybe be resolved by loading the latest leak?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:11 PM
    robsteve: Thanks for the suggestion. Probably I'll give it a shot when I have the spare time.

eldricho: Actually I do too suffer from battery mis-calibration. But from what I notice this particular problem only occurs during the first boot of a fresh OS. After I unplug the battery for 1 hour or more and putting it back, it stays around 18% until it shuts down altogether and charging full until 97-98%. Sometimes I get full 100% but rarely, if ever.

And we are not sure yet whether the next leak would be problem free on my device...
    12-23-13 09:20 PM
    For the battery mis-calibration, always flash new OS with full charged phone.
    12-24-13 03:39 AM
    And we are not sure yet whether the next leak would be problem free on my device...
    That's expected. That's why it's a leak .

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-24-13 04:00 AM
    I have the same device and the same problems
    1055 wasn't that stable but it was manageable, however Instagram is quite annoying
    Now from the time I've upgraded to 1259, things are way better, all the issues that you're addressing to are fixed
    The latest leak too does the trick but to be honest, it's snappy and quick at the beginning, but as the device settles down with all the android apps up and running, it starts getting laggy (laggier than 1259)
    So I'd suggest you to load up 10.2.1.1259 and enjoy

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:21 AM
    Well, before anything else, welcome to CrackBerry.
    12-24-13 07:40 AM
    Welcome to CB, i would suggest going with an official release (10.2) and wait for 10.2.1 to arrive officially its not that far out anyhow.
    12-24-13 08:16 AM
    Welcome to cb!
    I'd suggest trying the latest leak (10.2.1.1925) and can confirm that the pixel bug in instagram is gone.
    I installed the latest instagram apk using snap and it all works fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:56 AM
    Hello guys,

It has been awhile and I finally have time to autoload the latest 1925 leak. What I found after is rather disappointing.

Some of the important Android applications still gave me connection unavailable, e.g. Line messenger, EagleEyes+, Viber, Path. Strange and annoying at the same time. Does anybody knows what is the culprit .bar behind this issue? I'm growing sick having to revert back and forth from one leak to another just to find my apps are not working as it should be. And no, I don't restore any of my backup. I always start a leak fresh.

Anybody can give me any sort of advice?
    12-26-13 07:05 AM
    I've tested Viber and Path now (on 1925) and both work fine. Don't know what to do with Path, but I could register myself and got to something I believe was the main screen.

How did you install the leak (with or without wipe)?

EDIT:
    How did you install the apps?

I downloaded them through Snap and installed directly.

Posted via CB10
    tea1990 likes this.
    12-26-13 10:47 AM
    pfl4ume: Thank you for your generous help! Much obliged. Yes, Path works bizzarely okay, I can get to main screen as well, but whenever I open up post to see who's been viewing the content, it stops loading data.

I always install a leak with autoloader without restoring backup. Back then I did wipe my device but it didn't do a jack for me so no wipe this time.

But there is a pleasant update! After I restarted my device and playing around with network settings in the Android using Ghost Commander, it appears that everything works flawless!! My EagleEyes+ even started working! Woohoo! I have no idea what caused that.

EDIT:
    I was using Snap too. Very convenient OTA application installations!

Thank you for all the help so far!
    tea1990
    12-26-13 01:06 PM
    Nice to read that it finally works

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 01:27 PM
    You're lucky you don't have to calibrate your device every couple of days/weeks when it starts randomly shutting off at like 27% like many of us -1 users have :P
    But your problems can maybe be resolved by loading the latest leak?

Posted via CB10
    Say what?
    Never ever had that STL100-1
    12-26-13 01:51 PM
    For some reason the Android runtime connectivity went off again after I did a restart! I'm not sure how should I reproduce the steps to make it work again. Will update if there's anything I could share with you all...
    12-27-13 03:17 AM
    Now that everybody is happy and OP has finally resolved his issues with STL 100-1, its such a pity we can't change the title of the thread.

Z10 goodness
    12-27-13 04:25 AM
    FYI : 10.2.1.1925 is actually "Maintenance Release 1" of the 10.2.1 branch.

Even though it is "a leak" it is the final version released to carriers for TA / Release. As far as I understood from the leak thread a carrier from Jamaica already released it for their customers, so consider this release as production ready.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:40 AM
    mikr009876: Is this supposed to be a sarcastic remark?

Anyway, apparently Android runtime connectivity went on and off randomly during restart, so I just have to hard-reset it over and over until my Z10 get the connection right by itself .

Thanks all,
    tea1990
    12-27-13 06:53 AM
    ... so I just have to hard-reset it over and over until my Z10 get the connection right by itself .
    Sounds like a pretty good solution xD

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:07 AM
    mikr009876: Is this supposed to be a sarcastic remark?

Anyway, apparently Android runtime connectivity went on and off randomly during restart, so I just have to hard-reset it over and over until my Z10 get the connection right by itself .

Thanks all,
    tea1990
    No it was not sarcastic. It was a genuine remark hoping that "the plague of STL 100-1" would actually change into something more positive. CrackBerry actually made a front page article on the STL 100-1 to attempt to address the negative spin and misconceptions. The product actually has a long history from birth and in itself probably do not deserve that label. You stated your opinion and I stated mine.

Z10 goodness
    12-27-13 07:28 AM
    Would be nice if the OP changed the thread title to add in the word Opinion....
    Or a mod.
    Just saying

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-29-13 02:14 AM
    Would be nice if the OP changed the thread title to add in the word Opinion....
    Or a mod.
    Just saying

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    How do you do that exactly? I've been wanting to do it but after looking all over the place I can't seem to find the option.
    12-29-13 07:23 AM
    How do you do that exactly? I've been wanting to do it but after looking all over the place I can't seem to find the option.
    Look for a mod.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 07:27 AM
    I'm proud to have an STL100-1. The TI OMAP 4470 SoC is more powerful than the SnapDragon S4 in the other Z10 devices.

The STL100-1 uses the PowerVR SGX 544 graphics chip which is notably more powerful than the Adreno 225 in the others.

I don't need LTE since I'm in Cape Town, South Africa and LTE is damn-near a myth here (Unless you're at the Airport, in the Foreshore or for some reason in GoodWood).

I had the battery calibration issue which I've since resolved. I didn't have the sensor issues that seem to have plagued the other devices.
    gpl4all likes this.
    12-29-13 07:36 AM
41 12