Hi CrackBerry forums. I have been a lurker for a while and had a fairly good idea of what I was getting into when I purchased a Z10. Fairly steep learning curve for someone who is used to three screens and having sometimes dozens of windows operating at a time on my PC, but I am still excited to learn how to trim down my computing experience to fit onto a 4 inch screen while sitting in a parking lot, waiting for my wife to come out of the mall (LOL!).

I am somewhat tech savvy when it comes to PCs. I have performed hundreds of tweaks to my custom XP rig and regularly revert back to pristine snapshots of the tweaked OS (my data is all kept on separate encrypted partitions and drives). I bought the Z10 because it was a good deal, BlackBerry has a reputation for being relatively secure in their design and options available, and because my ten year old LG flip phone just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I realize that tweaking a smartphone is unlike tweaking a PC, and much more limited, but I have found that some of my techniques for keeping a PC running in top form can be transferred to BB10 phones, and hope to learn some good tweaks here at CrackBerry (actually, I already have).

Maybe I'll start a thread on techniques for maintaining a phone in top operating condition after Christmas.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    12-23-13 11:10 AM
    Hi and welcome lurker!

The Z10 is an awesome investment and I'll guarantee you'll have lots of fun with it!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:14 AM
    Good decision you have made buddy.. looking forward for your suggestions on tweaking Z10! Enjoy :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:16 AM
    Thanks.

Yeah - I am already having fun, along with some frustration. I am one of the lucky ones that has to fight with Link at every stage to get to the next one. But I am progressing...
    12-23-13 11:17 AM
    Good decision you have made buddy.. looking forward for your suggestions on tweaking Z10! Enjoy :-)
    I love a crisp, fast, predictable PC that I can be sure is never infected with someone else's bloatware, leftover code, and spycrap. I want this for my BB as well. Pretty sure it can be done.
    12-23-13 11:25 AM
    Hey there Axacta.

Welcome to CrackBerry Enjoy your Z10!
    12-23-13 11:54 AM
    Hey there Axacta.

Welcome to CrackBerry Enjoy your Z10!
    Thanks. So far so good. Lookin' forward to utilizing more features as I learn them.
    12-23-13 12:10 PM
    Welcome, Axacta. Not only can you learn a lot in the forums but hopefully, you will be sharing some of your knowledge as well. That is a part of what makes this community such a fun place to be.
    12-23-13 02:11 PM
    Welcome, Axacta. Not only can you learn a lot in the forums but hopefully, you will be sharing some of your knowledge as well. That is a part of what makes this community such a fun place to be.
    Thank you. I've already learned some good stuff lurking. Hopefully I can give some back too.
    12-23-13 03:02 PM
    Welcome Axacta! You will enjoy the Z10 especially if you like tweaking!
    Looking forward to tips on making my laptop run smooth!
    12-23-13 06:45 PM
    Welcome Axacta! You will enjoy the Z10 especially if you like tweaking!
    Thanks very much.

Looking forward to tips on making my laptop run smooth!
    Oh boy! Hope I didn't promise too much here. I can't guarantee that I can make your laptop run smooth. My tweaks are mostly from starting with a virgin OS and building from there. I do have some ideas for mature machines as well though.
    12-23-13 07:10 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Glad you decided to sign up instead of just lurking.
    12-24-13 12:34 AM
    Welcome Axacta.

If you are into getting top performance you might want to check out installing the latest leaks.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    12-24-13 12:42 AM
    Oh boy here we go again lol. Did someone mention the word "virgin"??

Don't tell me you're still a leak virgin when it comes to BlackBerry 10 OS? Hurry up and pop that cherry already

Thanks very much.

Oh boy! Hope I didn't promise too much here. I can't guarantee that I can make your laptop run smooth. My tweaks are mostly from starting with a virgin OS and building from there. I do have some ideas for mature machines as well though.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 01:43 AM
    Welcome! I think you are going to like the Z10 and BB10 software in general especially if you are a tweaker, as BB10 is very good for that. Have you see this forum yet?

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-24-13 08:21 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Glad you decided to sign up instead of just lurking.
    Thank you.

I've been a part of many forums in the past, but this is my first technology forum. I'm not really much of a geek, but I love reading about it and have learned a couple of things over the years that may be helpful to others.
    12-24-13 08:59 AM
    Don't tell me you're still a leak virgin when it comes to BlackBerry 10 OS? Hurry up and pop that cherry already
    LOL! All in good time. I'm still a virgin to BB10! The Z10 I just bought is my first ever smartphone. It'll be awhile before I feel adventurous enough to play around with leaked OSs. But thanks for the encouragement.
    12-24-13 09:02 AM
    If you are into getting top performance you might want to check out installing the latest leaks.
    The cutting edge isn't really my thing (I'm still using XP - LOL!). I'm more into making sure my computer (and now Z10) stay in top operating condition, no matter what I do to them or what others do to them (viruses, etc.). Some of my ideas may also be helpful for those who like to take chances with their technology, yet want to feel confident they can recover from any potential disaster.
    12-24-13 09:10 AM
    Welcome! I think you are going to like the Z10 and BB10 software in general especially if you are a tweaker, as BB10 is very good for that. Have you see this forum yet?

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I have seen it. Although I am not yet ready to experiment with leaked OSs, it is fun to witness grownups act like kids around the tree with their presents on Christmas morning. Wow - you guys really got excited with two leaks within days of each other this week! Especially after all of the threads predicting there wouldn't be any more leaks. The excitement here is infectious and one of the reasons I decided to join.
    12-24-13 09:16 AM
    I love your avatar!
    12-24-13 09:56 PM
    I love your avatar!
    Thank you.
    12-25-13 11:03 AM
    Hello Axacta,
    Welcome to crack berry, How can i help u ?
    12-26-13 04:38 AM
    Hello Axacta, Welcome to crack berry,
    Thanks.

How can i help u ?
    Funny you ask. Maybe you can. For some reason the Crackberry forum won't accept that I am allowing its cookies onto my PC in Chrome. IE works fine, which is what I am using now. But I am on XP which only allows up to IE 8, so Chrome is now my default browser. I always find it curious when an old dinosaur like IE 8 can actually work better than a cutting edge program like Chrome or other updatable browsers. Here's what makes it even more curious - I actually registered to CrackBerry with Chrome to begin with. Out of the blue, the forum and Chrome just decided that they no longer would play nice together.
    12-26-13 09:15 AM
    Ha - just fixed it. Murari_ctls, you are a genius! Just by asking me how you could help me, you provoked me into thinking of a possible solution for my Chrome / CrackBerry cookie problem.

Thanks for the help! LOL!
    12-26-13 09:25 AM
    OH, and by the way. I also fixed that problem that I mentioned in post #4 about BB Link. I posted my first CrackBerry thread of substance on my fix here:

Fixing Link with Windows Services in XP
    12-26-13 09:38 AM
32 12