Well "they" never have to select hundreds of emails per day to delete them....

215 items I had to tap on this morning to select them all.

Trackpad? Press and hold "Shift" and swipe away. Easy as pie to batch select emails.

The trackpad was old and crappy, they said...-215-items.jpg
    12-23-13 11:04 AM
    Maybe they just need to add a double-touch selection?

I miss the days of my Storm where I could put two fingers down and it would select everything in between.

Posted via CB10
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    12-23-13 11:16 AM

Trackpad? Press and hold "Shift" and swipe away. Easy as pie to batch select emails.
    do you delete hundreds of email at any one time and how much time do you save doing just this ....
    12-23-13 11:35 AM
    Or just delete them when they come in if you don't need them.
    12-23-13 11:37 AM
    Or just delete them when they come in if you don't need them.

This.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-23-13 11:41 AM
    Tap on the date and you can highlight and delete all prior emails.

Posted via CB10
    Dunmanway Emar, SDTRMG and ajst222 like this.
    12-23-13 11:42 AM
    Tap on the date and you can highlight and delete all prior emails.

Posted via CB10
    he doesn't want to delete all prior, he wants to delete 200 between now and a previous date. I still miss this functionality from OS7. This, and fine link selection in the browser still make me miss my track pad every day.
    12-23-13 11:45 AM
    On the pb you can tap and hold the top one and tap the last one seen to select all inbetween. You can also scroll while doing it.
    12-23-13 11:48 AM
    Last Monday morning my girlfriend checked her work email and had 411 waiting for her, most were reply all, only a few were for her. BlackBerry has left out to many settings and options. If they don't want to include them to save lines of code .how about having them avaliable on the website so people can download the ones they want. Save on the blot and get the options and settings you want.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:00 PM
    If you hate the lack of trackpad so much, get an iPhone!

... oh wait.

The point I'm trying to make is this. The trackpad is dead and will not be brought back by BlackBerry. At this point, the merit of the trackpad has been argued to death and it's just venting and complaining at this point.

Let it go people.

Posted via CB10
    thevacantsoul likes this.
    12-23-13 12:08 PM
    Hating the trackpad won't boost sales of BB10 devices, but replacing BB10 with Android on the Qs and Zs will.
    tbims01 likes this.
    12-23-13 12:21 PM
    Maybe they just need to add a double-touch selection?

I miss the days of my Storm where I could put two fingers down and it would select everything in between.

Posted via CB10
    This was a nice touch on the Torch and 9900's touch screen too .... I was (and still am) really surprised that it hasn't made its way to BB10. Yet.
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-23-13 12:43 PM
    I love my trackpad... It should be present on the new Q30. People are free not use it.
    12-23-13 12:47 PM
    On the pb you can tap and hold the top one and tap the last one seen to select all inbetween. You can also scroll while doing it.
    Different than BlackBerry 10. Unless there is a trick I am missing.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 12:52 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	215 items.jpg 
Views:	2427 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	232722
    Point taken. Are these useful emails you actually need to see or are they SPAM?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 12:53 PM
    they're probably Nigerian inheritance notifications and male enhancement advertisements.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    12-23-13 12:58 PM
    I think some people need a lesson in inbox management and not a trackpad. 200+ emails and only 3 or 4 are important? Might as well find the 3 or 4, save them, delete the rest. It might be better to screen junk via a computer browser and manage your incoming emails into folders. If you can't do that then a trackpad is not a solution. Organize yourself. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:16 PM
    It sounds like a communication has been sent out to several employees and instead of replying only to the originator people are using reply all?
    I dislike when people do that also as I don't want or need their replies.
    12-23-13 01:34 PM
    Really your complaint is at the poor BB10 email inbox, not the lack of trackpad.
    Dude_9 likes this.
    12-23-13 01:40 PM
    It sounds like a communication has been sent out to several employees and instead of replying only to the originator people are using reply all?
    I dislike when people do that also as I don't want or need their replies.
    But then you miss out on the awesome opportunity to see the inevitable reply all scolding the original reply all person from replying all.. then the others that continue to reply all to chastise the people chastising the reply allyness of it all while the rest of us shake our heads and start deleting..
    12-23-13 01:45 PM
    ok, so perhaps ssbtech didn't explain their problem in the best way possible in the title, I think we can forgive them that given the volume of e-mail that needs to be dealt with. It's not really relevant how or why there are so many e-mails right at the very moment (might help with organization/future clean up) so has anyone tried filing a few e-mails from random points in their hub and then deleting prior? Is this a viable solution for the OP?

I'm as guilty as anyone for nitpicking things but it seems we have a very solvable problem from the OP, we just need to give some suggestions. I don't think it would help in this situaiton given the way in which the hub deals with messages but I believe there is a software version of the track pad that would at least give you that functionality back, even if only a virtual solution.
    12-23-13 01:57 PM
    Ah, just do like my old boss and never read or delete them. I laughed so hard when he asked me to help fix his Outlook one time -he had over 8000 unread emails.
    12-23-13 02:33 PM
    ok, so perhaps ssbtech didn't explain their problem in the best way possible in the title, I think we can forgive them that given the volume of e-mail that needs to be dealt with. It's not really relevant how or why there are so many e-mails right at the very moment (might help with organization/future clean up) so has anyone tried filing a few e-mails from random points in their hub and then deleting prior? Is this a viable solution for the OP?

I'm as guilty as anyone for nitpicking things but it seems we have a very solvable problem from the OP, we just need to give some suggestions. I don't think it would help in this situaiton given the way in which the hub deals with messages but I believe there is a software version of the track pad that would at least give you that functionality back, even if only a virtual solution.
    Both points are valid.

One. BlackBerry 10 does not allow for deleting lots of emails as quickly and efficiently as BBOS.

Two. Reducing the receipt of unnecessary emails is always a good thing.

I used to get lots of unnecessary emails years ago. Hundreds a day. We hosted our own email and the Spam filtering was terrible. Changed to routing our domain emails through Gmail and solved it. Before that I was very very efficient at deleting. But it was nonetheless needless.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-23-13 02:51 PM
    I don't know if I understand the OP's problem right.... but from what I understand... If you tap and hold on any email a bar shows up on the right, there is an option to select more, once selected tap on as many emails as you like to select and then delete.. find it pretty efficient...

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    12-23-13 02:58 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	215 items.jpg 
Views:	2427 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	232722
    Sorry this is way off topic but did you blur this picture with a BlackBerry App if so what was it?
    I've been searching high and low for an app the let's you single of a part on the phone to blur, and not the whole photo.
    If anyone knows one let me know here please.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 03:02 PM
104 123 ...