Helppppp .... My BB Z10 contact list got copied to my boss's Samsung Galaxy Note Android Phone!!!!

I saw it in his cell today ..... he is even unaware about it.

How the hell is this possible ?????
    12-23-13 08:31 AM
    just a guess= if you're on the same network or if you have nfc enabled, (not sure if the "Z" has it), it could've happened that way,,, is your boss on the shady side??? why would he want/get that info??? are these company phones??? are the contacts in question in personal or workspace lists???
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-23-13 at 10:36 AM.
    12-23-13 08:36 AM
    Did you log in to your account from his/her mobile(gmail).

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 08:36 AM
    Did you log in to your account from his/her mobile(gmail).

Posted via CB10
    Would that result in the the reverse happening as well (i.e. all of bosses contacts copied to OP's phone?
    12-23-13 08:43 AM
    Would that result in the the reverse happening as well (i.e. all of bosses contacts copied to OP's phone?
    If in the browser,no. If in the account setup then yes.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1259 )
    12-23-13 10:26 AM
    check your mail sync and you'll see how the contacts got synchronized, probably check your devices managed by your account
    12-23-13 11:43 AM
    We both share a common company email id from our respective phone, but how can contact list and that also personally stored contact on z10 get copied to his phone ??
    12-24-13 06:27 AM
    yes we both share a common email id. But then also, how can contact list from my cell get copied to his phone ????
    12-24-13 06:30 AM
    yes we both share a common email id. But then also, how can contact list from my cell get copied to his phone ????
    Have you got that email as your BlackBerry ID?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:11 AM
    no, that email id is different from my BB id.
    12-24-13 07:29 AM
    Know problem with contacts app. BlackBerry seems to not see it as a problem. Will sync all your contacts to all your accounts. Also doesn't seen to be a solution. Also anything you add on the phone will sync everywhere.

I only sync one account on my phone

That works for me but won't for most.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:31 AM
    We both share a common company email id from our respective phone, but how can contact list and that also personally stored contact on z10 get copied to his phone ??
    If you sync contacts with that account then that's probably how they got from one to another. By default when you create a new contract it is synchronised with all accounts that have associated contact lists.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:32 AM
    Q: is your email id a company's email, Gmail or yahoo mail?

Posted via Awesome Astro (STA100-2) on CB10
    12-24-13 07:34 AM
    Backup your contacts somewhere, then delete all your contacts from your z10 this should delete them from your bosses phone!

Then when u resetup your emails DO NOT USE sync option for contacts on the email that shares an I'd with others cuz u r practically telling it to share your contacts with every device that has access to this email.

This is not a blackberry issue, this is same on android ios etc!!

U simply told ur accounts to sync and so they did.

Good luck!! Please advise if this worked out!

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey and Thewaxedworm like this.
    12-24-13 07:39 AM
    Know problem with contacts app. BlackBerry seems to not see it as a problem. Will sync all your contacts to all your accounts. Also doesn't seen to be a solution. Also anything you add on the phone will sync everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a problem to be addressed, this is wrong use of a great option.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10

This is not a problem to be addressed, this is wrong use of a great option.

Posted via CB10
    As stated, this is not a BB issue. And sorry, but the phone will only share what you tell it to share. When you setup an email account, after entering your password, it takes you to the "sync" screen and you actually have to press "next" to complete the setup. So if your phone is sharing all of your info its because you told it to. Again, as stated, wrong use of a great option.
    12-24-13 07:53 AM
    Sorry. I never had contamination between contact lists. The only leakage was contacts add to the device. BlackBerry assumes you want contacts added to the phone to belong to all lists. What is added else where will not leak

It's a mess and they know but seem to regard it as a feature not a bug.

Said differently. There is no way to assign a new contact to a particular contact list it lists. They go to all and if you are syncing then the new contact will also get synced out to all you list.

If you don't need to add to the contact list you can have it on your phone just turn contact syncing off for that list. You will be able to see it and use it but not add tomorrow it.

Of course a better secure solution is to use BES for the work account.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-24-13 07:56 AM
    Maybe you touched phones. Oh wait...never mind.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:57 AM
    Sound good ..... thanx bro .... I will immediately try .... thanx a million times
    12-24-13 08:53 AM
    ContactsIMEX is a a good app to quickly backup your contacts. If you haven't used it try it anyway. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:59 AM
    You TAPPED that didn?t you?! Huh huh......

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-24-13 10:00 AM
    As stated, this is not a BB issue. And sorry, but the phone will only share what you tell it to share. When you setup an email account, after entering your password, it takes you to the "sync" screen and you actually have to press "next" to complete the setup. So if your phone is sharing all of your info its because you told it to. Again, as stated, wrong use of a great option.
    no it is a BB problem. You can't add a contact to a particular contact list on the device. BB Contacts assumes all NEW contacts go to all lists. This is NOT GOOD. With other OSes oncluding BB0S you could tell which list to add a contact too and that would be the only list it would sync to.

Far from ideal. Hard to understand why it hasn't been fixed yet.
    12-24-13 11:08 AM
    no it is a BB problem. You can't add a contact to a particular contact list on the device. BB Contacts assumes all NEW contacts go to all lists. This is NOT GOOD. With other OSes oncluding BB0S you could tell which list to add a contact too and that would be the only list it would sync to.

Far from ideal. Hard to understand why it hasn't been fixed yet.
    It has, in 10.2.1.

Helppppp .... My BB Z10 contact list got copied to my boss's Samsung Galaxy Note !!!! How ???-img_20131224_121311.png
    Helppppp .... My BB Z10 contact list got copied to my boss's Samsung Galaxy Note !!!! How ???-air_20131224_00000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:17 AM
    Yah I'd fixed in 10.2.1 that would be great. Currently very bad. How many people haven't realized what they have been sharing?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 02:16 PM
    Sorry. I never had contamination between contact lists. The only leakage was contacts add to the device. BlackBerry assumes you want contacts added to the phone to belong to all lists. What is added else where will not leak

It's a mess and they know but seem to regard it as a feature not a bug.

Said differently. There is no way to assign a new contact to a particular contact list it lists. They go to all and if you are syncing then the new contact will also get synced out to all you list.

If you don't need to add to the contact list you can have it on your phone just turn contact syncing off for that list. You will be able to see it and use it but not add tomorrow it.

Of course a better secure solution is to use BES for the work account.

Posted via CB10
    So the op synced an email/contacts list to two devices which is what is meant to happen, but, are you saying that if I add a contact in my phone to either gmail or local contacts that this will also add it to my outlook account which does sync my contacts across devices?
    12-24-13 05:01 PM
27 12