Woke up this morning, BB working just fine. BB Curve sat beside me on my desk all day at work. Seemed like a quiet day today for my Curve, so I started surfing the web with it. Picked it up, and the home screen was frozen. Cannot move highlight anywhere. Did a battery pull. Whew, it worked, for about 3 minutes. Home screen froze again. Tried to make a call and nothing. Called my number from land line, and only voicemail.

Searched this site and found a way to use Jl Cmder to wipe Curve clean and redownload 4.5.81. Tried to backup first, cannot do total backup. I did get a good sync, so contacts not lost.

Wiped and reinstalled OS, now no Browser.

Please help.
    10-31-08 06:56 PM
    If everything else is good, then -
    Go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> hit Menu> Register Now. Wait for Confirmation email, should be good-to-go.
    10-31-08 07:06 PM
    Right on Chaz, good to see ya BTW...
    10-31-08 07:08 PM
    Any idea why the home screen just froze?
    As for the back up failure, I have uninstalled and reinstalled DM and OS twice now, and still back up will not complete.
    Any suggestions or should I go for the sledgehammer?
    10-31-08 07:20 PM
    Not sure WHY the freezing occurs, but I can tell you I had the
    exact issue with both .81 and .93. It does not happen to the
    majority though.

To the backup issue, try restarting the PC and do a battery pull
    on the phone and give it another go. Make sure the vendor.xml
    file is deleted also.
    10-31-08 07:23 PM
    Is there a diagnostics that I can run on the BB Curve, to find anything wrong with it? It just froze again, and after restarting again, the icons bounced around the screen for a while, then stopped and all is well, for now.

What gives? New OS was soooo sweet.
    10-31-08 07:31 PM
    What happened to telenav? No Icon now. Just AT&T Navigator. Is this the same thing?
    10-31-08 07:45 PM
    The whole device is moving slower then molassas.
    10-31-08 07:46 PM
    Prob a bad os version. Try going to an official os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 07:50 PM
    Can I use the official TMobile version after deleting vendor?
    10-31-08 07:53 PM
    Is there a diagnostics that I can run on the BB Curve, to find anything wrong with it? It just froze again, and after restarting again, the icons bounced around the screen for a while, then stopped and all is well, for now.

What gives? New OS was soooo sweet.
    Go to Options>Status. In the status screen, type the letters 'test' without the quotes. This runs a series of diagnostic tests on your Curve!

10-31-08 07:54 PM
    Ran the test. All is okay.
    I also deleted a few quick launch Icons, after saving the websites to my bookmarks. Deleted VAD, PTT. Now I stand at 23mb free file space. Works great now. I was down to 15mb with numerous quick launches and apps that I did use but not daily.

As always, Thank You to the many BB experts on this site.
    11-01-08 09:55 AM
    Go to Options>Status. In the status screen, type the letters 'test' without the quotes. This runs a series of diagnostic tests on your Curve!

Tried to run diagnostic on my curve there is way to type test.on the status screen.

11-01-08 12:46 PM
    Just type test as soon as the status screen appears. You don't have to actually type it in a certain place.

11-01-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD