Have you ever lost your Blackberry?

Do you hate the sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, as you realize your life is on it?
    Contacts, emails, calendars and pictures all gone.

Isn't it frustrating when you know it's around, but it's on silent so when you call it you can't hear it?

Isn't it exasperating when you don't know where you've lost it, but wish you could talk directly to the stranger who picks it up?

If you have FindIt for Blackberry, you can.

What FindIt does is it is always running in the background, and if you lose your Blackberry on silent or vibrate and send an email to yourself with the subject "pleasefindmenow" it will make your phone ring really loud. Not only this, whatever you put into the body of your email message it will display in a pop-up dialog box for whoever finds your phone, something like "Reward if found."

I've had a really good time developing and using it, and you guys should check it out.
    It's $4.99 for a license, you can check out more at conveniencesoftware.com/findit.html and/or email me at [email protected]
    11-16-07 09:29 PM
    Very ingenious! I like it!
    11-17-07 12:56 AM
    Thank you Mr. Clark. If you would like a free copy of FindIt for your nice reply, email me at the address given above.
    11-17-07 08:58 AM
    Cool!!! my wife needs this....LOL!!! email sent....hopefully I can get a copy!!!
    11-17-07 01:11 PM
    Very cool idea. Since it is always running in the background, does it effect the performance of the BB in any way? I think I will try it and also let my friends know about it. Thanks.
    11-17-07 01:16 PM
    This software could be my life saver!
    12-08-07 06:14 PM
    Nice app... works as it says - Could be louder... but, it works!!!
    12-09-07 09:14 AM
    Any feedback on how this product works???

I may be interested in it but wanted to see who has had success with it.
    12-10-07 03:54 PM
    Haven't tried this one yet, but I downloaded the free trial of Find My Berry from mobireport.com, and it works very well.
    12-10-07 07:54 PM
    This is a great little app for my Berry. I love it. I don't have a land line and I'm alway losing my Berry. Thanks!
    12-14-07 07:14 AM
    Hmm that makes 2 apps that are similar.
    12-14-07 09:01 AM
    Nice program anyway it can send you a map of where it is when u send it an email
    12-21-07 02:31 AM
    lol, that's be awesome ! How about incorporating GPS coords too hehe.
    12-22-07 09:59 AM
    if that worked that would be the best piece of software.
    12-23-07 09:50 PM
    That is one of the greatest idea. I alway misplace my BB in my room or car. I would love a copy
    12-25-07 06:28 AM
    Rats.
    I left my BB8800 in the movie theatre Sunday night - took my son to see IRON MAN. {btw ... best super hero movie EVER} {PS stay in your seat until the credits are completely finished ...hint}

I left my BB8800 in the cup holder in the seat after I turned off the ringer. Ofcourse, who remembers in the dark when the movie's over.

Now, two days later I find mention of this great app. My luck.
    05-06-08 03:18 PM
    Thats a pretty damn great idea man. Strange it took someone this long to make something like this. I don't know how many hours I've wasted looking for my phone when it's on vibrate.
    05-06-08 03:38 PM
    This is software that has been needed for at least a decade. Glad someone's ingenuity put this idea to work. :]

Now... all I need is a version of this software for my keys.... :P
    05-07-08 08:39 PM
    Where can I purchase this, this is awesome, I don't know how many times, I have left my phone at a friends on silent, and I cannot find it. Please let me know I'm very interested Thumbs up on the idea though
    05-09-08 02:19 PM
    Hmm that makes 2 apps that are similar.
    What's the other App like findIt as this NEVER works on my 8110 device
    05-11-08 04:11 AM
    What's the other App like findIt as this NEVER works on my 8110 device
    Berry Locator

Berry Locator has GPS support too - if your phone has GPS it will email you a link with a map of where your phone is. It's not much of a help if you lose your phone in your house, but if you can't remember if you left it at home or at work or somewhere else, or if it's stolen, it can be a huge help.
    05-11-08 06:09 PM
    i like this program, but in the event the bb is not found, is there a program that will wipe out all my info when i send a special message to the phone? i know my old treo had such a program.
    05-11-08 07:46 PM
    Sounds like a good solution for close proximity - but what about on a plane, coffee shop, at the zoo, or on a trail? Security problems are a big issue with a lost device. We would like to invite you to try a Lost-BlackBerry.com Identity Kit from ReturnLost. And yes, it does work in helping you get it back.
    12-18-08 04:30 PM
    They should incorporate A-GPS so it can track the location of the phone!
    12-20-08 04:43 AM
    I've had FindIt on my curve for a few months now, I have luckily never lost or or had it stolen, but it is still a cool demo to show people. It is a lot more than just a GPS locator, in a way it is a basic remote control software.

I would like to see a feature to be able to wipe the device or something if lost.
    12-20-08 06:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD