Hey folks,

I was very excited when I first heard about the announcement of the Q10 and I got it the very first day it came out. Being into phones with physical keyboards, I loved it, but after a few weeks I just got tired of the laggy OS and the errors I had with the very few apps I used.

I don't really want much from a phone, just a physical keyboard, a good battery life, Twitter, Whatsapp and the basic "notes" app.

Sadly Q10 didn't provide those when it came out, twitter was horribly glitchy and I had to pull the battery out and restart the phone every hour or so. Whats app was laggy and sometimes the conversation just doesn't load up.

So I replaced it with an iPhone even though I'm not a fan of touch keyboards, I figured I'd go with it until BB OS gets updated.

So, how's the Q10 nowadays? Is it better? Are the basic stuff working fine? The OS doesn't freeze or shut off? Is twitter finally working 100%? And how's Whatsapp app now?

Would you recommend I go back to it now, or should I wait more?

I'm honestly tired of my iPhone, the only reason I'm using it is because of the app "Navigon" which is the best GPS app I've ever trie... And on that, note, does the Q10 have a good GPS app now?

Thanks!
    12-20-13 02:22 PM
    Navigon is awesome and the only real reason I keep an (unactivated) iphone 5 as a second phone.

The Q gets a nice upgrade with 10.2, but it's not out in some countries...like the US. But I also liked the Q out of the box, much better than my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 02:57 PM
    I don't use whatsapp but twitter is fine and the phone runs smooth as silk no restarts etc, mind you mines always been fine
    12-20-13 02:58 PM
    Hey folks,

I was very excited when I first heard about the announcement of the Q10 and I got it the very first day it came out. Being into phones with physical keyboards, I loved it, but after a few weeks I just got tired of the laggy OS and the errors I had with the very few apps I used.

I don't really want much from a phone, just a physical keyboard, a good battery life, Twitter, Whatsapp and the basic "notes" app.

Sadly Q10 didn't provide those when it came out, twitter was horribly glitchy and I had to pull the battery out and restart the phone every hour or so. Whats app was laggy and sometimes the conversation just doesn't load up.

So I replaced it with an iPhone even though I'm not a fan of touch keyboards, I figured I'd go with it until BB OS gets updated.

So, how's the Q10 nowadays? Is it better? Are the basic stuff working fine? The OS doesn't freeze or shut off? Is twitter finally working 100%? And how's Whatsapp app now?

I'm honestly tired of my iPhone, the only reason I'm using it is because of the app "Navigon" which is the best GPS app I've ever trie... And on that, note, does the Q10 have a good GPS app now?

Thanks!
    Hi there, I've had my Q10 right from when it came out, trust me a whole lot has changed between then and now! I was quite disappointed with the battery life as well, and couldn't believe how battery life improved from OS update to update. I'm running the .1055 leak right now, and with every leak, you're being handed a brand new phone, the Q10 keeps getting better and better, it still remains king of the qwerty's! I hammer my phone without mercy, install and update apps just for fun, now with direct installation from google play via the Snap app, what can I say?? Twitter keeps getting better, WhatsApp works, but BBM works better and its cross platform now so.....As for GPS, I'm sure you can get stuff from Play Store via the Snap app......Enjoy!
    12-20-13 03:45 PM
    Honestly I was very disappointed with my purchase of a Q10 for an extremely long time - but I think i'd agree that now it has most definetly changed for the better.

I was forever comparing it to my bold 9900, and whilst I will never accept gestures top trackpad, because they never will for me, I would say that with 10.2.1 on it, it is a truly incredible phone, and well worth persevering with if you were not satisfied at the start. It is now the successor to the bold 9900 I always wanted it to be. If you don't have 10.2.1 yet, hold your judgements until you try that. Its worth it.
    12-20-13 03:53 PM
    I just bought a Q10 yesterday. Amazing. Great size for the hand, super battery life too. I started at 6:30am on my first battery and went through until about 4:00am the next day. Still had juice left to spare. I could of easily got 24 hours out of it.

The new BlackBerry 10 phones are superb.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    12-20-13 04:44 PM
    If you ever come back please don't pull the battery if your device is on...
    12-20-13 04:47 PM
    Not sure who you were mentioning this to...don't understand..

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    12-20-13 04:54 PM
    I'm a day one Q10 owner and never had any serious issues, lags or freezes with my device. However the device really evolved over the past few month, especially since the 10.2 came out, which is also the software my device is running.

The settings menu finally got native and updated with more options. The Hub got improved. The new toast notifications, which also work with Whatsapp by the way, are really cool and useful. We can now choose finally between light and dark themes on a couple of core apps. The system itself was never slow for me, but it feels quite a bit snappier now compared to the initial 10.1 version. The lockscreen now shows notification and message preview if you like.
    Many native core apps like calender, Twitter, Facebook, Weather, BBM or Acrobat Reader got updated. Many popular 3rd party apps like Blaq, Whatsapp, CB10 or ReadItNow! also got updates. Android support has improved and gets another major improvement once 10.2.1 software hits the air.

There are still quite some things which didn't improve though. For example there still are no advanced settings for thhe holster and the magnet. Same goes for actual sound and notification profiles. While the system now somehow supports headless (running really in the background, not active frame) apps, the number of apps still is pretty low. Talking about apps the overall app situation didn't really improve IMO over the last few months. Talking about active frames, there still is no way to "pin" more important frames so they stay on top and visible. Customization also didn't improve, for example you still can't change the fonts or any color aspects besides the wallpaper.

So yes there are quite some larger and many minor, yet convenient improvements everywhere. BB10 is on the right way, yet there is still a lot of room for improvement, and I am not even talking about the app situation here.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by Taigatrommel; 12-20-13 at 10:50 PM.
    12-20-13 10:37 PM
    Hey folks,

Thanks!
    IMHO, yes much better. I also picked up and returned a Q10 after launch...twice! This is my 3rd time with the Q and I loaded the leak immediately. I'm keeping her this time

EDIT: Forgot to add, I don't use whatsapp or twitter. BeMaps (keyboard shortcuts!) serves me well, but I used to be a truck driver and prefer maps to nav so YMMV BlackBerry maps seems to have good turn by turn though.

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-21-13 05:56 PM
    Yes it has, sell your iPhone and get a Q10 instead and turn a profit by the exchange while are at it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 06:02 PM
    Been using the Q10 since the beginning and haven't had any problems, but the 10.2 improved it a lot.

I used to have an iPhone and agree that Navigon is a great GPS app. I'm using Mireo Don't Panic and it's actually quite good, you can download the maps to your SD card so saves data when roaming and frees up space on your device memory. The maps are $20 for north America so reasonable and actually cheaper than Navigon.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 06:55 PM
    Just get the z30 it's

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    12-21-13 06:56 PM