So any ideas on when 10.2 will come to the US officially? Kinda tired of waiting.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:44 AM
    Well seeing as winter doesn't begin til Dec. 21, you still have some waiting to do.
    curvezzz, oaknut john and Dude_9 like this.
    12-19-13 10:46 AM
    And, winter goes on into March.

When has anything related to BlackBerry ever come out at the beginning of a stated timeframe?

It always comes at the end of said timeframe. Like, the last day.

Posted via CB10
    Dude_9, curvezzz and Thesmartmale like this.
    12-19-13 10:59 AM
    Still Waiting in Honduras (Start in November) latin american, Blackberry Limited must pushing the carriers so that they release the update 10.2
    12-19-13 11:05 AM
    Yeah I called att and they contacted their blackberry rep and didn't state a timeline. As for the winter issue didn't realize winter didn't start till the 21st really didn't know that lol. Other than that still no news about it is quite discouraging

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:19 AM
    Isn't that a carrier issue? Should you be asking them?
    Yeah especially seeing how the rest of the world will have had the update for 2 months now. To be honest, given carriers and how little they probably care about Blackberry phones (with so few people there's no rush), my guess is probably around Feb 2014. And there's a chance they'll skip 10.2 and go to 10.2.1. Which means expect our update to be in Summer 2014.

Sigh.
    12-19-13 11:23 AM
    And, winter goes on into March.

When has anything related to BlackBerry ever come out at the beginning of a stated timeframe?

It always comes at the end of said timeframe. Like, the last day.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 was released in the stated time-frame (once the launch too place that is) and so have the OS Updates. Not sure BlackBerry is to be blamed for US releases. American Telcos have shown BlackBerry precious little support in the last year at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:26 AM
    Let's see I'm waiting for BlackBerry 10.2 to be available in the US. Also, I'm waiting for my Z10 I bought from Shop BlackBerry dot com to be delivered.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:56 AM
    So any ideas on when 10.2 will come to the US officially? Kinda tired of waiting.

Posted via CB10
    Holy crap, hard to believe there are folks without 10.2 still...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kingdmen; 12-19-13 at 12:47 PM.
    12-19-13 12:23 PM
    March 20, 11:59pm
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-19-13 12:31 PM
    There are many, MANY of us still on 10.1.

I am waiting for Verizon in the US to get an official update out. By the end of the year would be nice!

Posted via my Q10. :-D
    12-19-13 12:59 PM
    I'm still waiting 4 Tmobile's update...what the hell?

Posted via CB10
    tryfe and Xenrip like this.
    12-19-13 01:03 PM
    It's all stupid really especially for a company like Verizon who has the Z30 running 10.2 already on their network. US carriers do not care about BlackBerry at all. The rest of the world got it within a couple of weeks at most.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1055 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-19-13 01:46 PM
    @jrohland, I read your instructions, as well as the instructions posted by Mecca EL. Everyone says to back up first, so I used Blackberry Link to do a full backup onto my desktop. But I haven't installed the upgrade yet. Your post says to restore the backup after installing the leak, and MeccaEL says NOT to restore the backup. So this makes me wary of trying this at all. Also, I have encryption turned on. I backed up my device without turning encryption off first, but I couldn't find anything in the forums to confirm if this was correct, or if I should have turned off encryption first. Or password protection. It's details like these which keep me from diving right into installing unofficial leaks. If it turns out my backup isn't restorable, then I am sunk.

Slightly off-topic:
    I also downloaded the free Fire Chest via BBW, because I'd heard it does better backups than BB Link does. It wants my Dropbox signin before it will open, but I don't have a Dropbox account. I want to use Fire Chest to back up onto my SD card so that I can easily transfer it to my desktop. I thought backing up onto an SD was supposed to be an option with FC, but perhaps not.

I assume at this point those of you still on 10.1 are unwilling or unable to apply an update not officially from your carrier. However, if you are willing, here are my instructions for installing 10.2.1.1055. There are enough of us running it successfully that I don't understand why you are not installing it. If you're stuck on a Mac, well you have my sympathy. If it is a company phone, tell your IT people to get moving. If you are afraid, be bold!

A number of my non-techie friends used these instructions and reported the update went smoothly.
    12-19-13 04:35 PM
    was tired of waiting been on and off leaks on Tmobile.... its been stable for the most part
    12-19-13 04:46 PM
    @jrohland, I read your instructions, as well as the instructions posted by Mecca EL. Everyone says to back up first, so I used Blackberry Link to do a full backup onto my desktop. But I haven't installed the upgrade yet. Your post says to restore the backup after installing the leak, and MeccaEL says NOT to restore the backup. So this makes me wary of trying this at all. Also, I have encryption turned on. I backed up my device without turning encryption off first, but I couldn't find anything in the forums to confirm if this was correct, or if I should have turned off encryption first. Or password protection. It's details like these which keep me from diving right into installing unofficial leaks. If it turns out my backup isn't restorable, then I am sunk.

Slightly off-topic:
    I also downloaded the free Fire Chest via BBW, because I'd heard it does better backups than BB Link does. It wants my Dropbox signin before it will open, but I don't have a Dropbox account. I want to use Fire Chest to back up onto my SD card so that I can easily transfer it to my desktop. I thought backing up onto an SD was supposed to be an option with FC, but perhaps not.
    If you don't feel comfortable doing something and feel you will compromise your device... simply don't go forth with it... If you run into any conflicts running an OS that your carrier hasn't provided .. they will dismiss any troubleshooting so you will have to rely on the community here and any other outlets via the Web... also it will void your phone warranty but you can always revert to your previous OS if this arose... In any regards... do what's best for you

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:02 PM
    Easy way to do this, unlock your bb10 phone, buy a Rogers SIM card from amazon, put it in, download 10.2.1 over wifi #ProblemSolved #ScrewUSCarriers

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:07 PM
    I assume at this point those of you still on 10.1 are unwilling or unable to apply an update not officially from your carrier. However, if you are willing, here are my instructions for installing 10.2.1.1055. There are enough of us running it successfully that I don't understand why you are not installing it. If you're stuck on a Mac, well you have my sympathy. If it is a company phone, tell your IT people to get moving. If you are afraid, be bold!

A number of my non-techie friends used these instructions and reported the update went smoothly.
    Why you are recommending this to the mass is... just... wtf. lol Using sachesi for OFFICIAL 10.2 UPDATE Is the best way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Tim-ANC and curvezzz like this.
    12-19-13 05:07 PM
    Easy way to do this, unlock your bb10 phone, buy a Rogers SIM card from amazon, put it in, download 10.2.1 over wifi #ProblemSolved #ScrewUSCarriers

Posted via CB10
    Or don't waste a cent and download official 10.2 on sachesi.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-19-13 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Note: OTA updates are 10.2.0.#### (not 10.2.1.####)
    12-19-13 05:13 PM
    Not gonna happen. I'm only 5 months into a 2-year contract with Verizon with this phone. (But it allowed me to buy the Q10 for $50, so I'm not complaining.)

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:21 PM
    I highly recommend sachesi. It is too easy and the process for updating is just like if you were doing an ota from your carrier. All of your settings and apps will remain. I guess there is a slight chance of some sort of problem, but I don't think that is common.

If you want 10.2 this is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably January, in the states,Not sure how it's taking so long

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:30 PM
    Thanks, guys. I'm thinking hard about doing just that. I already downloaded the correct version of 10.2.0.1803 from Rogers in Canada (using Sachesi), but haven't installed it yet. Am going to make a couple more backups first, removing encryption before I do - juuuuust to be safe. And yeah, I keep hoping Verizon will finally come through before I run out of patience, and just push out an OTA update already! (I know... dream on...)

... Using sachesi for OFFICIAL 10.2 UPDATE Is the best way.
    I highly recommend sachesi. It is too easy and the process for updating is just like if you were doing an ota from your carrier. All of your settings and apps will remain. I guess there is a slight chance of some sort of problem, but I don't think that is common.

If you want 10.2 this is the way to go.
    12-19-13 05:31 PM
    Same here, it's very irritating.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:16 PM
56 123