I have been struggling to setup email on my bb z10. I want to setup my work mail id and my company doesn't use BES. In my previous organisation I could setup email account as I was using BB storm 9500.

I have tried using every method on the forums, but still no luck.

Has anyone tried setting up work email on their own?
    12-19-13 07:45 AM
    are you using exchange or pop3?
    12-19-13 07:47 AM
    My company uses MS exchange
    12-19-13 08:07 AM
    I have mine connected to my works exchange server, setup wasn't too bad. From what I remember when I set it up last weeks ago, you have to do the advanced setup and fill in all the info. One thing I remember was I had to put in the domain name for it to work. Try that, if you're still stuck PM me and I'll dive deeper into my own connection to look for possible settings that could cause this.

Posted via CB10
    csawai likes this.
    12-19-13 08:15 AM
    just make sure you are putting your user name in the correct format. some servers are configured to say jsmith and some are configured to take [email protected].. just get the right settings from your IT
    12-19-13 08:27 AM
    I had been having trouble setting up my work Outlook email too. My problem was that i didn't have the correct domain name and server address.

I had to get the correct domain name and server address from our IT department.

I'm not on BES.
    I set up my work email using the advanced settings when adding a new email account.

Hope it helps!

Posted via CB10
    Xavier85 likes this.
    12-19-13 08:31 AM
    I had been having trouble setting up my work Outlook email too. My problem was that i didn't have the correct domain name and server address.

I had to get the correct domain name and server address from our IT department.

I'm not on BES.
    I set up my work email using the advanced settings when adding a new email account.

Hope it helps!

Posted via CB10
    Bingo, almost always domain name i've seen.
    12-19-13 08:37 AM
    Every exchange server are set up differently depending on your companies it policy. For me. My account didn't have active sync enabled by default so I had to contact them to get it enabled.

It depends on the error message you receive when trying to set up your account. If you're getting a forbidden error message it might mean active sync isn't enabled. If you're getting server not found then the error message is obvious. Lol.

You're beat bet would be to contact your it department directly. They would be more familiar with their server settings than we are.
    Xavier85 likes this.
    12-19-13 09:28 AM
    Every exchange server are set up differently depending on your companies it policy. For me. My account didn't have active sync enabled by default so I had to contact them to get it enabled.
    I had the same problem initially.

My prior BB 9800 accessed my work email over Outlook Web Access (OWA). They had dropped BES back in 2008.

I had to go thought the IT company handling the exchange server. I first had to convince them that even though I had a BlackBerry, it was BB10 that now does ActiveSync, and just tell me the settings for that.

And watch that "domain" field. Even though it doesn't have an asterisk for "required", it was required in our setup.

After trying a few times, it still wasn't working for me. Finally, the tech helping me said: "let me try one more thing...".

Turned out he had to change the permissions setting on the server side allowing me ActiveSync access. It's apparently different from access via OWA. The tech went in assuming I already had such access as everyone else in the office had for a long time (those on iPhone and Android).

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:30 AM
    Domain field was not required when I set up my work email. I just kept getting forbidden access cause I didn't have active sync enabled. Once it was set up I just entered my company email and password. Everything was pretty much automated afterwards.
    12-19-13 11:33 AM
    Domain field was not required when I set up my work email. I just kept getting forbidden access cause I didn't have active sync enabled. Once it was set up I just entered my company email and password. Everything was pretty much automated afterwards.
    Just shows that activesync setup is unique per company, no one set of instructions will get it to work for everyone. Glad yours got working though.
    12-19-13 11:39 AM