Short and sweet but I'm looking for insight and information. Multi dimensional thinking... hear me out.

What would it take to get a group of portable kiosks (inclement weather) some vans (similar to the BBM van recently seen in Miami). A BBM group coordinator to assign locations, dates, times etc.

I believe that I'm a decently versed BlackBerry person who has converted several people to the BlackBerry 10 platform and I know that out there we have resident experts that could get out there ad spread the word. The common theme is that BlackBerry is lacking awareness and BlackBerry right now could use a collective boost. I'm passionate about BlackBerry and I think it sends a clear message that a global multi pronged approach can help.

BlackBerry shirt, classy pants, consistent informational package on how BlackBerry 10 works (speed, efficiency, concurrent activity to name a few).

I've been to local mobile stores and I knew a lot more than paid BlackBerry sales people(sigh).

Anyway given some leadership and minimal fiscal input from BlackBerry this mobile team can show the uninformed how great BlackBerry really is.

I'm just looking to help out in any way I can.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:28 PM
    Sounds good to me! Where do I sign up!
    12-19-13 08:07 AM
    Sounds kind of expensive - probably thousands per van per month. I think a more efficient campaign would be for Blackberry to offer to wrap any Crackberry member's personal vehicle with Blackberry ad. It couldn't cost more than a few hundred per vehicle and as Crackberrians are going through their day, people would pull up or come up and say "What's this all about?" and then you could launch into what you love to do.

Live the dream, as they say. Who's up for it?
    Cesare21 likes this.
    12-19-13 01:07 PM
    This wouldn't be expensive at all. North America would use 15 vans that would be tricked out. Leased vehicles for 12 months only. The vehicle sticker wrap would also be minimal.

The only other expenses would be the odd hotel room as the van would be brought to the next town or city and handed off to the next crew who would return the last crew back to their city(within 100kms). This is all advertising anyways.

Fuel, some meals and that's about it.

Remember that the most expensive thing in any organization is salaries and benefits. With a volunteer group this is non existent.

Cmon people if we pool our ideas this is very workable.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:11 PM
    As much as this sounds like a good idea... it'll never happen

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1901
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    12-19-13 05:13 PM
    So, how many days do you anticipate the average Crackberrian to volunteer? A week at a time? How many vacation days per year would everyone be willing to give up to serve the cause?
    12-19-13 05:28 PM
    You can bring your idea to BlackBerry. Sounds good but they haven't really done the right thing lately. I would volunteer here in Ontario, Canada

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    milo53 likes this.
    12-19-13 05:31 PM
    I've drafted up a logistics plan and it's very straightforward.

I would take a leave from work to see this through.

If anyone knows who at BlackBerry would show interest in this awareness program.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:54 PM
    The reason this will never happen is due to the virtually unlimited (or at least impossible to estimate) liability BlackBerry would have to swallow for any potential damages due to misinformation, criminal acts, property damages, etc. Caused by any of the volunteers associating themselves with the company.

Fans are as dangerous as they are helpful...

Posted via CB10
    milo53, oilgeo10 and m1a1mg like this.
    12-19-13 08:13 PM
    Hey Shades,

Am I seeing this wrong but you have 10.2.1.1901. Not sure but I have never seen that release before.

On the fast Z30
    12-19-13 08:14 PM
    Hey Shades,

Am I seeing this wrong but you have 10.2.1.1901. Not sure but I have never seen that release before.

On the fast Z30
    Spade*

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1901
    12-19-13 09:10 PM
    The reason this will never happen is due to the virtually unlimited (or at least impossible to estimate) liability BlackBerry would have to swallow for any potential damages due to misinformation, criminal acts, property damages, etc. Caused by any of the volunteers associating themselves with the company.

Fans are as dangerous as they are helpful...

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem, Waterloo would/cannot be associated without legal approval, it would be a mess.

People this is a "phone" we're not curing cancer here.
    12-19-13 09:39 PM
    I'm willing to volunteer for Profit. BlackBerry as much as I'd like to see them succeed are not a charitable organization.

I have some advertising ideas which I view as pretty decent and would love to make a living off them. PM me if you do too and let's make some coin while promoting the Berry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 12-20-13 at 01:08 AM.
    12-19-13 09:56 PM
    Count me in too.
    BlackBerry 4 Ever........
    12-20-13 12:46 AM
    If you can coordinate with the "Girls Gone Wild" team with buses that travel all over the USA, searching for the "hottest girl in America,"
    I'll come out of retirement and even donate a bus for the road!

But on a different note..
    We're talking about a little handheld mobile device here. It's a nice convenience but it's not that important.
    I'd put feeding the world and world peace first and second. Then, BlackBerry!
    12-20-13 05:36 PM
    The volunteers need to be visually striking. I suggest that the male volunteers wear purple spandex yoga pants with "glass weave" codpieces bearing the BlackBerry symbol on the bulge.
    The females should wear big bushy mustachios with BlackBerry jewellery dangling from the finger-twirled, curled ends.

Unripe
    12-21-13 02:45 AM
    I was thinking the same thing!
    12-21-13 04:52 PM
    You guys would do this for free? Why? BB isn't paying you for this nor would you even get a thank you from them.
    12-24-13 12:21 PM
    You guys would do this for free? Why? BB isn't paying you for this nor would you even get a thank you from them.
    You're probably right about the pay scale but I'm not sure about the "Thank You" remark.

Here at CrackBerry... Those that work behind the curtain don't get paid to help all of us out, but you can bet that most of us thank them every single day for their commitment to BlackBerry and to us!

Thanks CrackBerry!

(See? There's another Thank you right outa the blue)
    12-25-13 02:49 PM
    All volunteers. What a powerful message when people volunteer their time and effort for a great device.

It's a David vs Goliath scenario.

All the nay sayers can clamp their mouth shut if they were to see a positive wave of organized volunteers educating for a cause.

Think about it folks, you are already doing the educating. The difference is that you are not working collectively with a concerted voice.

Trust me, I sit on a few volunteer groups and the passion of volunteers far outweighs the efforts of the paid employee.

Posted using my amazing intelligent Z10
    12-29-13 09:56 AM