I'm hoping someone can assist me with getting my work email "pushed" to my new BB10 device. I have now spent extensive time in the Crackberry & BlackBerry forums, so I know this has been a tedious and confusing process over the last several months, but I have also read recent posts that lead me to believe that there is now a working resolution. I have been unable to find good instructions that I can understand.

Here's the situation. I have my work email set up on my work PC through Outlook. With my old OS7 9670 (and previous 8810) I could open a browser and log into the Webmail version, then leaving myself signed in to the Webmail and minimizing the browser, I would go to the email set up and create a new email account using my regular Outlook username/password, and my BlackBerry would instantly sync with my account and would start receiving push emails immediately until I needed to change my password in Outlook at work, then would repeat the same process above to regain access on my device.

Of course when I attempt this exact process on my new Q10 with BB10, it fails to locate the email address/password combo and gives me the "failed to sync" error message.

I'm almost 100% sure, based on the forum posts I have scoured over the past few days, that I simply have to follow a different setup process, however I cannot locate a post explaining in detail, step by step, what this new process is. If anyone can help, please let me know. I would be forever grateful. Please reply back if you need any additional information regarding my issue. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:51 AM
    Is your email system POP3, IMAP or Exchange based?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-15-13 08:56 AM
    We'll... I'm not sure. It's a corporate account, and I was not granted direct access via Enterprise because my BlackBerry is a personal device, so I simply had to use the Webmail website to remotely log into my Corporate Outlook account. Does that make sense? I apologize, I realize I never had to give any of this any thought previously. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:15 AM
    Youtube it!
    I had the exact same problem!
    All you have to do is go to outlook and once your email is POP3 then go to setting and check the ports.
    Then add the exact same numbers to your BlackBerry device when you creating your email.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:20 AM
    Enterprise ? this sounds like you are using a legacy Enterprise.. Did you change your data plan on your q10? BB10 can do exchange direct.
    12-15-13 09:33 AM
    Lemme get this straight. Did you configure your email on your old BlackBerry? We're you able to recieve your emails as pushed to your device apart from web access?

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    12-15-13 09:59 AM
    Yes, I was able to get my email, meeting requests, etc pushed to my device's "messages" app along with my personal Yahoo email, texts, etc. If I deleted an email (Yahoo or Outlook/webmail) on my device, I'd get the prompt to confirm if I wanted to delete in email box or just on my device, etc. It worked exactly the same as Yahoo did, but the difference being that I'd HAVE TO log into my company's Webmail site through my BlackBerry browser that linked me to my actual Outlook on my PC at work. Then I'd simply minimize the browser on my device without closing it, go to settings app > email setup > add new email account, then enter my username and password as I would in Outlook, and done deal. Easy. Like I said, with the Q10 that fails if I try the same process so I'm stuck.

So... when I go to my Outlook at work, are you suggesting thay I try to change the Outlook email settings to POP3 from whatever it currently is defaulted/set to? Did I read that right? If so, I can definitely try, but I may not have admin rights to change certain settings on my PC at work. I'd have to check. Can anyone clarify what the exact steps I should be trying? I apologize for being fairly clueless about this problem, but as I said, the really easy steps I used to be able to do don't work any longer. I appreciate everyone's patience and suggestions. I'm confident there's a way to my email up to this new device, and it's just a matter of figuring it out.

Let me ask this question. Regardless of how I used to be able to sync my work email previously with OS7, how would you explain how to attemt syncing with a corporate Outlook email account without having BlackBerry enterprise permissions on BB10? That's basically what I did before without any problems at all.

Thanks again! I'm going to try a few YouTube searches to see if I can gain some insight as well in the mean time.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:36 AM
    Oh, and about my Data Plan with my provider (Sprint). I'm looking at my first statement since my upgrade from the 9670 to the new Q10, and I do see that on my old plan, I had "Everything Data BlackBerry, America" and the name of comparable service on the NEW plan is called "Unlimited My Way, America".

In addition, I see two BlackBerry specific options missing from the Add On service section of the statement. I no longer have something called "BlackBerry Prosumer" and am also now missing "BlackBerry Email-CDMA".

On the old plan, it says I had 3 services with "BlackBerry" specifically in the name of the service, and on the new plan, nothing at all is labeled "BlackBerry" specific. Hmmmmm. I didn't notice that before just now.

I of course am going to call Sprint and clarify if my new plan was set up like that in error at the register in the store when I bought the Q10 and switched from the 9670 with them, if they just renamed the services on the statement, or if they're actually not supporting BlackBerry specific services anymore with the Q10 devices.

Let me know if anyone knows for sure if this would/may be the reason I can no longer access push my corporate outlook email on my device in the same fashion as I used to. If this IS the reason it doesn't work the same way as the OS7 device, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can push that email in a different way? It'd be a huge let down if they're screwing us new BB10 users out of this feature completely. That seems hard to believe. I know BB10 works in a different way compared to previous BlackBerry OS versions on the back end from what I have been reading, but haven't yet learned how that pertains to specific features. So far this email issue is the only thing that I flat out can't get to work.

I am going to ask Sprint the same question. I'll update my post after I speak with them as well with any information/insight they provide.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:06 AM
    Dimitrisgreece... you my friend gave me the clue to figure this out!

I have to access my Outlook account through My company's Webmail site. This makes the email type Exchange, so I went to my email account settings and selected Exchange. In the required field in that setup screen, it was asking for a domain. I didn't know what that was referring to, so I Googled it. Booyah! That's the website domain my company uses for its Webmail access ( for example https://mail.mycompanyname.com), then just entered my username and password in the required fields exactly like I would in the Webmail site online in the browser. Went right through and synced immediately just like it used to on my OS7 device, except it was actually easier, but a completely different way of accessing that email account which had me stumped for days.

Good to go ladies and gentlemen! I can now get on with my life. Again, I appreciate everyone's assistance and patience.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:46 AM
    Is your email system POP3, IMAP or Exchange based?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Great starting point?

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-17-13 03:56 AM
    Problem solved!Drop it!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    12-17-13 04:58 AM
    Great starting point?

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055

I thought so, the OP didn't state that she was on an Exchange server.
    12-18-13 05:21 PM
    ok so you used the url for the domain what did you use for the server address?
    04-27-14 09:32 AM