BB keeps saying that they are no longer pursuing the gamer/teen/casual phone user, they want business users. Yet the 25 days of Xmas giveaways are almost all games so far. What is going on?

I don't need angry birds, I need:
    1. A presentation remote control app
    2. A great profile switcher
    3. etc.

Giveaway some useful utilities and business tool BB! Stop with the games...unless you think this will win back the appleteens?

Understand that this is not about gratitude, nor about some people who love games. It's about steering the company towards their stated target market.
    Last edited by ocgltd; 12-14-13 at 08:25 PM.
    ibpluto, 1oo1, wcgarette and 27 others like this.
    12-14-13 07:22 PM
    Yeah I agree...one or two are fine. But I could use some more useful apps. But I guess they are free, so we can't be choosy lol
    12-14-13 07:27 PM
    Think BlackBerry needs to make a deal with the devs before just releasing their apps for free. Though, some games arent too bad. I just want movies
    12-14-13 07:29 PM
    I have to agree. Just a bit heavy on the games.
    The good thing is that there are 11 more days/giveaways, so let's hope there are some productivity apps in the future.
    That said, free is good and we really shouldn't complain.
    Michael Weinberger likes this.
    12-14-13 07:30 PM
    What the hell. BlackBerry can choose not to do this 25 days of Christmas at all and here you are complaining that they are giving free app everyday. If you don't need games then don't download it. Somewhere out there someone is happy that a game became free for a day. Clearly it is not you. but who cares if it is not you?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:31 PM
    What the hell. BlackBerry can choose not to do this 25 days of Christmas at all and here you are complaining that they are giving free app everyday. If you don't need games then don't download it. Somewhere out there someone is happy that a game became free for a day. Clearly it is not you. but who cares if it is not you?

Posted via CB10
    This.

And if you're going to complain about something you're getting free, then I hope you can buy these apps u NEED otherwise..

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-14-13 07:40 PM
    OP, you're getting apps worth anywhere from $1 to $10 for free. Just buy the ones you want and support the developer. It isn't enough money to care about within the context. If you have enough time to write a long post on wanting more free apps...maybe you should just buy the ones that help you and appreciate the efforts of the developers who spent time making them.

Posted via CB10
    inked18, laketrout73, JTon and 4 others like this.
    12-14-13 07:41 PM
    I care...and I suspect BB's (stated) target market cares. They have obviously negotiated the give away with the game developers, why not pick utilities/business apps INSTEAD...or AS WELL. Since BB is incurring the cost of giving these apps away, it just seems to make sense to give away apps that their target market wants (at the same cost to BB).

This seems like some misguided (but well intentioned) effort from the marketing department. I suspect that few core BB users are filling their phones with these games yet having to buy apps that are free/cheap for the Android/IOS world. Sure someone will say "BUY THE APPS YOU WANT" but that's missing the point....

Like giving my daughter a hammer for Christmas. Sure it's free for her, but it's not going to make her happy. I could say "be happy you got something for free you ungratefull..." or I could buy her a toy instead.

BB Fanboys: I think a couple of you are missing the point. Instead of degenerating into name calling reread above again. It's not about gratitude, its about steering the company towards their stated target market!
    Last edited by ocgltd; 12-14-13 at 08:38 PM.
    12-14-13 07:45 PM
    I'm seeing that the OP just like a cheapskate.

It's just a gifts, let me repeat GIFTS.

You should be more thankful to the developer that slash their paid apps up to 30-70% , for example SayIt, Call Blocker, InstaVenue.
    12-14-13 08:09 PM
    I'm glad with the gifts so far. Besides, apps might still come, we have about 10 gifts left.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    12-14-13 08:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you and the OP. Appreciate the free stuff, so I can't complain about it. But I have actually not downloaded a single free app thou. I've been hoping for some productivity apps as well. I've been a little surprised all the freebees have been games.

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-14-13 08:20 PM
    How about we stop this thread? Such a spoilt and petulant child, OP. If you want those apps so badly, pay for them. One should never complain about free gifts.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit, shupor and Undbiter65 like this.
    12-14-13 08:26 PM
    I agree with you op,but I can't complain about free stuff
    12-14-13 08:44 PM
    In my country, we have a saying about gifts of horses and their teeth. 'Nuff said!
    wyleybuster likes this.
    12-14-13 09:11 PM
    Couple thoughts on this:
    * Business users have funds to purchase (and likely they've done already) apps they need.
    * Games cover larger audience (hey, even I downloaded a couple games but passed on LED changer or something of that sort). I imagine there would be a lot of complaints if BB offered a remote control app that will be used by a fraction of owners.
    12-14-13 09:35 PM
    Wow, this is a tough crowd…good grief. What happened to civil dissent? I completely agree with ocgltd, but more importantly, support his/her right to express some disappointment with the number of games offered during the very generous (yes) and (still) fun 25 Days of Christmas. I was also hoping for a little more balance in the "gifts." In my humble opinion, anyone who is still hanging in there with Blackberry at this point is probably a person of principle (with a high tolerance for ridicule for doing so) and deserves some respect from the rest of us who are doing the same.
    TGR1, aming63, incongruent and 1 others like this.
    12-14-13 09:49 PM
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    12-14-13 09:49 PM
    Stop your crying, buy the apps that you want and except any given to you for free graciously; instead of being a self-entitled crybaby.

Carry on.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:00 PM
    Vrud: I think you hit the nail on the head - BB should be offering apps that the majority of their (target) users want. If business apps/utilities are sought by only a fraction of owners then indeed BB is doing the right thing by offering games.

Yet Chen says BB phones target corporate users and that BB is no longer going after the masses. That would suggest BB should be offering promotions targeting corporate users. I sincerely doubt corporate users are filling their phones with spiderman, angry birds, noodle games, etc.

The odd game is great for everyone, but BB has a way to go to catch up with even free/included apps in the Android/IOS world. In fact, BB has a way to go to catch up with BBOS 7 included apps. (Another thread points out the apps/functionality lost since BBOS 7, now being replaced with paid apps from 3rd parties). I would appreciate if BB offered a Xmas gift of a great voice recorder like the one included in BBOS 7. (There are several good paid ones to chose from).
    12-14-13 10:00 PM
    I care...and I suspect BB's (stated) target market cares. They have obviously negotiated the give away with the game developers, why not pick utilities/business apps INSTEAD...or AS WELL. Since BB is incurring the cost of giving these apps away, it just seems to make sense to give away apps that their target market wants (at the same cost to BB).

This seems like some misguided (but well intentioned) effort from the marketing department. I suspect that few core BB users are filling their phones with these games yet having to buy apps that are free/cheap for the Android/IOS world. Sure someone will say "BUY THE APPS YOU WANT" but that's missing the point....

Like giving my daughter a hammer for Christmas. Sure it's free for her, but it's not going to make her happy. I could say "be happy you got something for free you ungratefull..." or I could buy her a toy instead.

BB Fanboys: I think a couple of you are missing the point. Instead of degenerating into name calling reread above again. It's not about gratitude, its about steering the company towards their stated target market!
    No offence but,
    Here you are talking about a single person! That's your daughter, you know what she likes and what she wants but for BlackBerry it's not the same case, there are millions of people using BB10, and they can't just provide all productivity apps throughout the giveaway period! It's their wish and they also have to satisfy a huge number of people, so if a very few people like you starts to complain, that also means the rest of the BB10 users are satisfied with what BlackBerry is providing. Go buy the app which u want, since u are a businessman(i think), u must be having atleast 10 $ to spare for these small apps you are talking about.

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-14-13 10:08 PM
    Like some have said already, if there are apps that are that important to you then you would have purchased them already.

These are gifts, free ones. Lighten up and try a game or two. Even a "prosumer" needs to have a little fun.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.2.1.1055 | Bell | via CB10
    jevinzac and Mr.Monty like this.
    12-14-13 10:11 PM
    Somewhere out there someone is happy that a game became free for a day. Clearly it is not you. but who cares if it is not you?

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy! So thanks for your care, BlackBerry :P

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-14-13 10:15 PM
    Exactly the problem here is that you seem to have been waiting for something like this hoping that you get certain apps, reality is, if you so needed productivity apps as your a business oriented person then you would have already bought them if u needed them so badly, fact is u don't need them, u want them, and it seems like you refuse to buy them because of a minor price and therefore because you refuse to buy them u expect BlackBerry to give them to u...that's not how the world works bud, look at me, there are games I didn't buy before this promotion, why? because I didn't Need them, I wanted them yes, buy if I needed them I would have baught them and not wait around hoping I get them free.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-14-13 10:26 PM
    Vrud: I think you hit the nail on the head - BB should be offering apps that the majority of their (target) users want. If business apps/utilities are sought by only a fraction of owners then indeed BB is doing the right thing by offering games.
    More flawed logic. BlackBerry offers business apps and utilities; you're just refusing to buy them. BlackBerry doesn't owe you squat for free; and don't say they owe you because you spent good money on your BB10 device, because guess what... you got exactly what you paid for! you want extras? Pay for them and quit complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-14-13 10:41 PM
    Back on Track - Today, USA, Sky Tracker.
    bungaboy, imcurved and Blacklatino like this.
    12-14-13 10:50 PM
211 123 ...