I am a regular visitor of Crackberry and BlackBerry community... I had seen a marked decrease in no. of question per hour on BlackBerry community since the news off Berryleak... because when there is no leaks people try to stick better with official version so the least no. Of problems they will face definitely and that will probably a reason for the marked decrease in questions of problems... people use leaks and come up with any problem that face lol... I think john c. is right actually about his decision and a big surprise in the form of next stable 10.2.1.2xxx... though it is painfull to don't have the leaks but that is something else

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you for or against leaks?
    Lawrie Sherratt and howarmat like this.
    12-14-13 11:23 AM
    No I am not against leaks I have tried every leak since 10.1.0 273. .. I just share as the leaks are not coming , I noticed a marked reduction in problem questions asked on BlackBerry community... because most will stick to official one

I am not against it was my observations and impact of the leak stop...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry is hunting down leakers and giving out pink slips

Posted via CB10
    clieman, ttgapers and imadorkx like this.
    12-14-13 01:17 PM
    I think I disagree with you . We all know blackberry devices is well secure devices , that means if blackberry wanted to stop leaks it will not allow any unauthorized device to install that leak system . But since it's easy to install for anyone that means blackberry is not holding off the leak versions. In face it spread it to geek people who is in love with blackberry and look into forums ,, etc not to the normal users who does not care at all all what he needs is phone call and messeges and emails with few apps . So they can manage the bugs which we all know is sent automatically to blackberry dev team . So they can fix it in next stable version
    12-14-13 02:09 PM
    I have a theory on the lack of leaks since 1055. It seems as there is something afoot with the android functionality and Google. If this is true, their hand got tipped with the 1055 release and both companies made denials. My theory is that they are staying quiet until they can make a proper announcement, marketing blitz or whatever, and not have it come out via the leaks.
    12-14-13 02:50 PM
    BlackBerry has laid off so many people that it is possible that the leaker(s) simply got laid off like many others.

If it is true that many people have access to pre-release software, it would be impossible to find the source.

Posted via CB10
    NursingNinja likes this.
    12-14-13 02:54 PM
    I have a theory on the lack of leaks since 1055. It seems as there is something afoot with the android functionality and Google. If this is true, their hand got tipped with the 1055 release and both companies made denials. My theory is that they are staying quiet until they can make a proper announcement, marketing blitz or whatever, and not have it come out via the leaks.
    You had me until "marketing blitz"lol

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-14-13 02:55 PM
    If this in fact is true, about the absence of new leaks coming, then I certainly hope BB does something QUICKLY to get the carriers to push out the latest O/S versions. 2 months or more for the US users is simply unacceptable! Could this be reason why there are so many i phone users in the world? Think about it. Everyone wants the latest and greatest and simply does not want to wait for these carriers to get off of their @sses to push these out to us. I would not care if they were simple little updates or an added feature here and there, but when it is major improvements that make something that we the consumers are paying top dollar for, and in which they dramatically improve and increase the performance of our devices, they need to come at a much faster rate then we get them
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    12-14-13 03:05 PM
    Yeah, but i covered it with "whatever".
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:29 PM
    I think I disagree with you . We all know blackberry devices is well secure devices , that means if blackberry wanted to stop leaks it will not allow any unauthorized device to install that leak system . But since it's easy to install for anyone that means blackberry is not holding off the leak versions. In face it spread it to geek people who is in love with blackberry and look into forums ,, etc not to the normal users who does not care at all all what he needs is phone call and messeges and emails with few apps . So they can manage the bugs which we all know is sent automatically to blackberry dev team . So they can fix it in next stable version
    Actually every OS that gets downloaded from BlackBerry servers is tagged with the employees credentials .

I have links to 10.2.1.1811 and 10.2.1.1812 but I can't download it without access.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:11 PM
    Actually every OS that gets downloaded from BlackBerry servers is tagged with the employees credentials .

I have links to 10.2.1.1811 and 10.2.1.1812 but I can't download it without access.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. The checksum would be different and it is not.

You can get links to an OS on the beta server but you need to be on BlackBerry's VPN in order to download it. This has been known for some time.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Jeffreyfcox like this.
    12-14-13 05:30 PM
    The amusing part of that security implementation is that it's dirt trivial to do and it's damn near impossible to break. I use the same sort of setup with my IPSEC VPN; from it you are "inside" the network, without it not, and there may as well be an airgap between the two if you don't have credentials to connect to it.

That more companies DON'T do it this way tells you how stupid corporate America is, in the main.
    12-14-13 05:37 PM
    If this in fact is true, about the absence of new leaks coming, then I certainly hope BB does something QUICKLY to get the carriers to push out the latest O/S versions. 2 months or more for the US users is simply unacceptable! Could this be reason why there are so many i phone users in the world? Think about it. Everyone wants the latest and greatest and simply does not want to wait for these carriers to get off of their @sses to push these out to us. I would not care if they were simple little updates or an added feature here and there, but when it is major improvements that make something that we the consumers are paying top dollar for, and in which they dramatically improve and increase the performance of our devices, they need to come at a much faster rate then we get them
    This ^^^
    12-14-13 06:03 PM
    I am a regular visitor of Crackberry and BlackBerry community... I had seen a marked decrease in no. of question per hour on BlackBerry community since the news off Berryleak... because when there is no leaks people try to stick better with official version so the least no. Of problems they will face definitely and that will probably a reason for the marked decrease in questions of problems... people use leaks and come up with any problem that face lol... I think john c. is right actually about his decision and a big surprise in the form of next stable 10.2.1.2xxx... though it is painfull to don't have the leaks but that is something else

Posted via CB10
    BB really didn't want the apk stuff out yet. Its MAD
    12-14-13 06:11 PM
    Most people don't even know what an OS upgrade is or why it matters and stopping the leaks will only kill off the only people who still preach good things about blackberry. We are the marketing team... or were!

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Lawmen23, LP_Rigg and JWWDUKE like this.
    12-14-13 06:40 PM
    If I'm BlackBerry, I love leaks. Free beta testing.

Reason Behind Efforts to Stop Leaks?-img_00001482.png

Clewley doesn't seem too mad here.

Posted via CB10
    red72 likes this.
    12-14-13 06:52 PM
    Not true. The checksum would be different and it is not.

You can get links to an OS on the beta server but you need to be on BlackBerry's VPN in order to download it. This has been known for some time.

Posted via CB10
    The person's credentials get logged into the kernel.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:26 PM
    Listen guys, please avoid speculating about leaks as it just creates frustration between members on the site.. They'll come when they come people, just be patient

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku, 00stryder and mkiiw like this.
    12-14-13 07:27 PM
    You know what I like.

The fact all of you think that the leaks have stopped. How about the distribution to YOU the masses have stopped, not the leaks.

And I'm so cool with it, never pander to the masses.

Z10 10.2.0.1803 via CB10
    sickyute likes this.
    12-14-13 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Again, if that was so, we would identical build numbers with different checksums.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-14-13 07:47 PM
    There's no real indication that the leaks have stopped. Just a little breather perhaps? Someone will drop one eventually. I think BlackBerry would actually want people to get a few leaks. If it's an announcement thing then it will leak out soon before or after the anounvement that may pertain to android app store support.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah.... No.
    Mecca EL and anon(2729369) like this.
    12-14-13 08:26 PM
    Listen guys, please avoid speculating about leaks as it just creates frustration between members on the site.. They'll come when they come people, just be patient

Posted via CB10
    No. We like leaks and if we were patient we would not be all over CB looking for info on leaks.
    12-14-13 08:35 PM
    No. We like leaks and if we were patient we would not be all over CB looking for info on leaks.
    Like I said, avoid speculating.. not avoid checking for leaks

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:49 PM
50 12