OEM black berry ones? Otterbox ones? Body gaurdz ones? Would like less smudges than the bare screen
    12-14-13 02:35 AM
    If you want less smudges than the bare glass offers, you'll need to get a matte, anti-reflective screen protector. Due to their textured surface these protectors make fingerprints and smudges less noticeable compared to flat surface, ultra-clear protectors. However you're sacrificing screen quality a bit, since these protectors are quite noticeable on the display and produce a somewhat glimmering screen.

In terms of what brand to chose, opinions really differ. Some people are okay with el-cheapo ones you can get in 5-packs off ebay, other prefer single or two-pack, expensive protectors. Personally I'm using an anti-glare, matte 3M Vikuiti protector, I think the material is called DQCM30.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    12-14-13 04:35 AM
    I'm still usung the one that came on the screen, snipped the corner off where the peel tag was, have done this with past half dozen handsets, seems to be the better type of protecter,
    I used to use book covering film as cheap alternatives, its 80p in tesco for a couple of meters, it does affect clarity a bit but does protect the screen,

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:30 AM
    I'm still usung the one that came on the screen, snipped the corner off where the peel tag was, have done this with past half dozen handsets, seems to be the better type of protecter,
    I used to use book covering film as cheap alternatives, its 80p in tesco for a couple of meters, it does affect clarity a bit but does protect the screen,

Posted via CB10
    Did this with my style but unfortunately the Q10 one had a picture of the OS on it
    12-14-13 04:19 PM
    If you want to reduce dealing with smudges then I suggest you get a matt screen protector. I've used protectors from Bodyguardz and I have been very happy with them. They come in 2 packs I believe. Having used the matt protectors on my BlackBerry 9700 and my 9900 I went with the clear screen protectors on my Q and Z...just my personal preference but they do show smudges. BlackBerry clear on my Q and Bodyguardz clear on my Z.

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    12-14-13 04:36 PM
    The past 3 phones I've gotten from Verizon I have had them put on the ones they sell (not sure what kind?) but they have worked well so far, I usually never have to replace the one they put on the day I buy the phone.

Side note: usually upgrade every year.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:52 PM
    I would have to highly recommend Ghost Armor clear or matte screen protectors. They don't smudge, are laser cut for your device for a perfect fit, and best of all have a no hassle lifetime warranty. I have used nothing but Ghost Armor on my devices for over 5 years. www.ghostarmor.com

Posted via CB10
    sbowlestx and RafiqK like this.
    12-15-13 06:45 AM
    Ghost Armor is good protective film for the screen and body of the q10.
    12-15-13 08:59 AM
    I'll throw another vote in for the matte version of protectors. While you would expect a loss of image quality, I find that there is actually an improvement when you are using apps that follow the Q10's dark theme. Blacks are really black with a matte protector, and that helps the screen contrast. Also, great for viewing in the sunlight, even when wearing sunglasses.

I do get a shimmering effect when looking at an image with a white background, but photos and light-on-dark text are great.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:13 AM
    As stated above, hands down ghost armor, used them on all my BlackBerry devices including my Q10, can barely tell its there, and has not budged or peeled ever since release day of the Q10 yet. Im not sure how the ones ordered online are, but at a local mall here, I had mine professionally installed by a Ghost Armor rep to my liking.
    12-15-13 11:07 AM
    The past 3 phones I've gotten from Verizon I have had them put on the ones they sell (not sure what kind?) but they have worked well so far, I usually never have to replace the one they put on the day I buy the phone.

Side note: usually upgrade every year.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm ok I was thinking about this sense sprint didn't have any but I was upset that they were just cheap Verizon brand ones and not BB or name brand.

I would have to highly recommend Ghost Armor clear or matte screen protectors. They don't smudge, are laser cut for your device for a perfect fit, and best of all have a no hassle lifetime warranty. I have used nothing but Ghost Armor on my devices for over 5 years. Cell Phone & Tablet Clear Screen Scratch Protection, Carbon Fiber Skins, Matte Covers for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Google, Android | Ghost Armor

Posted via CB10
    Ghost Armor is good protective film for the screen and body of the q10.
    As stated above, hands down ghost armor, used them on all my BlackBerry devices including my Q10, can barely tell its there, and has not budged or peeled ever since release day of the Q10 yet. Im not sure how the ones ordered online are, but at a local mall here, I had mine professionally installed by a Ghost Armor rep to my liking.
    Haa um no, I had a ghost armor put on my iPod and it cost $25 and they kept pushing me to get the back for another 15 even tho I told them I used a case and it would just make it not fit and it was pretty much like a normal protector but they said I could get it replaced for free, so after about 3 months the case made all 4 edges turn up so I pulled it off and a saved it like they told me to, went back and ohhh they want $5 to put another one on, what a scam the damn things should only be $10 in the first place.

I don't need like NO smudges just the Q10 screen seems really smudge prone compared to other touch screens I have used so that why I wanted less smudges. I just suck at putting them on myself.
    12-16-13 03:10 AM