So I Had made these steps :
    Removed SD Card
    then, Ran a Secuirty wipe and left it for 15 minutes
    the, I got bored so I decided to make a battery pull then reinstall OS 10.2.1.1055
    Then I realized that most of things doesn't function after I restored my device
    then, I Reinstalled the OS for the 2nd time, didn't restore, also same functions still not working
    so I made another security wipe, it's now 10 minutes from its restart point and it looks like this :
    Security Wipe Problem [ANSWER ME AS FAST AS POSSIBLE]-snapshot_20131213_1.jpg

SO I NEED HELP
    Am i safe ?
    is it going to get my device normal ?
    should I wait
    should I reinstall an old OS then install 10.2.1.1055 ?
    12-13-13 01:51 PM
    Keep waiting before doing anything. Wouldn't want to risk a brick.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:55 PM
    security wipes have been known to take a long time (more than 2 hours) for some people. Why did you battery pull in the middle?
    12-13-13 01:56 PM
    Sometimes it takes a half hour or more be patient- wait stop drinking coffee !
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-13-13 01:56 PM
    Keep waiting before doing anything. Wouldn't want to risk a brick.

Posted via CB10
    IT FINISHED !!!!
    and It's Fine, Thanks god and thank You <3
    southlander likes this.
    12-13-13 02:00 PM
    Security wipe can be slow as hell, just like the boot time. BB10 has a long way to go. Hopefully after 10.2.1 is released, they'll focus on performance issues.
    security wipes have been known to take a long time (more than 2 hours) for some people. Why did you battery pull in the middle?
    I got bored !
    serif likes this.
    LOL he got bored.
    paper_monkey and imadorkx like this.
    12-13-13 02:02 PM
    Security wipe can be slow as hell, just like the boot time. BB10 has a long way to go. Hopefully after 10.2.1 is released, they'll focus on performance issues.
    the boot time really isn't that bad. and the performance is great so I don't know what you're talking about.
    howards likes this.
    12-13-13 02:04 PM
    I got bored !
    rookie mistake.
    way to go rook.
    sickyute likes this.
    I got bored !
    If you're making a sandwich, you wouldn't want to get bored and eat the bread before you put anything in it, of course.

Security wipes, backups, restores and OS loads take time. Keep calm and keep calm, if you will.

Posted via CB10
    pcuser likes this.
    Anyone wanting to revert back to factory settings, so the "reload software" from. Link. It's much faster. Security wipe writes a pass of zeros so people can't recover your files and that's why they're so slow. They both so the same thing and if you don't need the layer of security, reload it through Link. It takes maybe 15 minutes compared to 3 hours.
    12-13-13 02:06 PM
    I like demanding posts.
    12-13-13 02:25 PM
    I did a security wipe 2 days ago....the back up took 1 hour, the security wipe took just over 2 hours and the restore took about an hour. You absolutely need to be patient! The security wipe timeframe will depend on how much you have on your device. I've read some threads saying it could take up to 4 or 5 hours.
    12-13-13 02:41 PM
    I like demanding posts.
    I demand liking posts!
    philiopoilopoli likes this.
    12-13-13 03:00 PM
    I like demanding posts.
    Lol ya! Mods change the title to i demand to know why pulling the battery during a wipe bricks the phone!
    AndrewOrlowski likes this.
    12-13-13 03:25 PM
    Ok, let me paraphrase here:

There are two wipes.

Formatting, which most call "security wipe", is wiping out the file system and then laying it fresh. The data is still on the device, but is just not indexed/referenced. It can be recovered in many circumstances with forensic software.

Secure wipe, or security wipe in the proper sense, which is WHAT BB10 HAS. It wipes out the file system, then writes all 0s to all the memory that was in use on the disk, making forensic data recovery impossible, then reloads. This takes time depending on the data amounts, but it is much more secure.

The desktop equivalent is called DBAN, and does this kind of security wipe on a system.

And this isn't even touching encrypted file systems, which you can turn on, as that is for preventing access without wiping the device first.
    eldrover likes this.
    12-13-13 03:36 PM
    I did my first security wipe last week and it didn't stop til the next morning. Now my BlackBerry feels good as new. I'm so relieved bc I was having issues with my BBM and thought I wasn't going to use it any longer. Whew. #:-s

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 03:55 PM
    I like demanding posts.

I like penguins.
    12-13-13 05:38 PM
    I demand liking posts!
    I post like demands.

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie likes this.
    12-14-13 04:40 AM
    I like penguins.
    They're great aren't they? Funny little guys!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:41 AM
    I post like demands.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't hurt me! I gave you've your like!!!
    guygardner73 and paper_monkey like this.
    12-14-13 09:08 AM
    I like penguins.
    Me too but they're always so over dressed
    guygardner73 and paper_monkey like this.
    12-14-13 09:09 AM
    Anyone wanting to revert back to factory settings, so the "reload software" from. Link. It's much faster. Security wipe writes a pass of zeros so people can't recover your files and that's why they're so slow. They both so the same thing and if you don't need the layer of security, reload it through Link. It takes maybe 15 minutes compared to 3 hours.
    Interesting. Wouldn't this wear out your flash?
    12-15-13 08:36 PM
    Interesting. Wouldn't this wear out your flash?

If you did it maybe 10,000 times, perhaps.

FWIW - usually a security wipe on my Z10s take 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure it writes anything to places that have never been written before.

And flash memory is not like an HDD anyway - sectors are not all written in sequential order, the flash controller re-maps things on the fly constantly. So a "security wipe" on flash memory is not the same as a security erase on an HDD.

If you're making a sandwich, you wouldn't want to get bored and eat the bread before you put anything in it, of course.

But I like bread!?!?
    12-18-13 09:14 PM
26 12