Hello,

I like to get prepared for my new phone, so I was wondering what some IM applications there are that work on the Bold. I use IM a lot, so this is very important to me.

I know about BB Messenger, but I'm referring to an application like Beejive or something.

Thanks for your help and time!

- Derek
    10-30-08 09:47 PM
    you know what I never got is why Windows live messenger works but Yahoomessenger doesn't work on AT&T phones?

and on Sprint WIndows Live messenger doesn't work but yahoo does?

and I guess on T-mobile they all work since my friend has them all on his...wtf?
    10-30-08 09:49 PM
    BBM, Yahoo! IM, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, jmIrc... am I missing anything?
    10-30-08 09:50 PM
    Does Yahoo work on the bold? Cause it sure doesnt work on my curve...
    10-30-08 09:51 PM
    Can you just download those IM apps from the companies website? What are the sites you visit on your Blackberry?

Is there another app that is an "All-In-One"?
    10-30-08 09:58 PM
    th3gh05t, no all-in ones that I know of.. google, yahoo and msn come pre-loaded, brings you to the download link when you 1st open them

l3lueMage, yahoo works on my bold... I don't use it but I just logged in with no issues
    10-30-08 10:07 PM
    Ok then must be a curve thing? Cause it says your service isn't setup for this. But I can use anything else fine lol.

Anyways I hate all in ones dunno why lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 11:17 PM
    yahoo messenger doesn't work on my bold too. it's give me the error handset not supported.
    10-30-08 11:44 PM
    messenger is awesome on the bold, just get random dropouts when im inside buildings at times but thats more my issue than the apps
    10-30-08 11:49 PM
    jivetalk is a good all in one IM program. its 19.95. 30 day free trial.
    10-31-08 12:05 AM
    Both Yahoo and AIM work perfectly fine on the Bold. The reason for the "service not enabled" message is due to the lack of service books being pushed to the device by your carrier. There are two threads (too lazy to look for them to link but I will tomorrow if you dont find them) that show you how to get it to work. The thread regarding AIM and ICQ on all carriers has a download with the service books to support them and Yahoo as well as the file that you can use to install AIM onto the Bold through Desktop Manager since that one can't be downloaded from mobile.blackberry.com. They all work perfectly fine to me.

In terms of all-in-one messengers, both BeeJive and IM+ work great.
    10-31-08 12:51 AM
    th3gh05t, no all-in ones that I know of.. google, yahoo and msn come pre-loaded, brings you to the download link when you 1st open them

l3lueMage, yahoo works on my bold... I don't use it but I just logged in with no issues
    Where are the links for Google Talk? It didn't come pre-installed on my phone.
    11-04-08 04:36 PM
    What theGhost said. I deleted my googletalk icon, and now I have no way of downloading it, I tried search for it on google, went to the BB website, dual booted into windows to use internet explorer... used the Bold browser to go into the BB website... nothing works sort of a complete restore... which I don't need to do..

If someone can give us the link to DL google talk that would be great!

Thanks
    11-10-08 11:17 AM
    I would just use BeeJive on the device, this way you get all of them in one.
    11-10-08 11:32 AM
    yahoo im works on my bold. but I cant be logged into it and aim at the same time. As a former sidekick 3 user u could log into all of them if you wanted to.
    11-10-08 02:03 PM
    Right now I'm using BeeJive IM and I only use aim. The app is so great that I don't mind using it. Right now I'm on the trial attempting to get my key transferred for the difference.

11-10-08 02:57 PM
    I use Palringo and it works fine on the Bold. It also allows you to send pics and voice via IM. HOWEVER, it seemed to kill my battery in a matter of hours. With Palringo on, I was at 25% after about 5 hours. Today, it's been 8 hours and I'm at 65% with heavy useage.
    11-10-08 04:28 PM
    yahoo im works on my bold. but I cant be logged into it and aim at the same time. As a former sidekick 3 user u could log into all of them if you wanted to.
    Sidekick. Man was that a mistake. Sore lesson learned when I bought that device. And I don't have that problem.

11-10-08 05:26 PM
    yahoo works perfectly on my blackberry bold, my network is rogers. AT&T doesn't support the YM yet as i've read in the mobile site.
    12-10-08 08:49 PM
    Beejive is worth every penny and the new 1.1.1 version is made for the Bold.

Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

OTA Link
    hxxp://beejive.com/jt_beta/4.6-vga/BeejiveIM-4_6-vga.jad

On you BB Browser replace hxxp with http
    Last edited by JD914; 12-10-08 at 08:59 PM.
    12-10-08 08:55 PM
    Beejive is amazing. I just use msn on it but man does it make life easy.

12-10-08 09:02 PM
    I have stopped using BeeJive. They really played me and didn't allow me to transfer my license.

12-10-08 09:13 PM
    Yahoo works fine on Att as well as AIM. You download them from Blackberry's site, work great and dont kill the battery as bad as Beejive. And yes you can be on both at the same time too.
    12-10-08 09:15 PM
    Yahoo works fine on Att as well as AIM. You download them from Blackberry's site, work great and dont kill the battery as bad as Beejive. And yes you can be on both at the same time too.
    I sooo agree. This is a great option. BeeJive definitely eats up battery.
    12-10-08 09:16 PM
    I sooo agree. This is a great option. BeeJive definitely eats up battery.
    Plus, AIM and Yahoo integrate with the Bold perfectly even showing you an icon on the home screen when you have a message. Wooooo! lol
    12-10-08 09:24 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD