There is a lot going on with BlackBerry. I will support them and can't wait to get my hand on the Z30. Purchasing the Z30 from Verizon and using it on AT&T or from some other place, NOT and option for me. I will not purchase a phone and have missing features. I am thinking of switching to Verizon from AT&T because they don't carry the Z30. This suck because it hurts sales a lot. BlackBerry has a lot of Buzz some positive but most negative. Consumer are hearing about BlackBerry and would try the Z30 when shopping but if it is not on the shelves...

If the company I am with is not giving me what I want I must move on. They work for me but choose not to to give me what I desire even though they take my money every month, not cool. They could do pre-orders and base their orders on that, no matter how grand or small the order is or they could give us the option to order online. Maybe they will honor what we want if we use CrackBerry to give them the numbers that will change their minds

We really have the power to change things, BlackBerry's current situation and the fact that AT&T has not carried the Z30

I will send a copy of this note to AT&T but add in the beginning of the note: Your chance to keep this customer and many other who
    may make the switch.

I can do this because I am not under contract so I am
    Switching

Verizon offers a 2GB data plan AT&T offered me a 5GB plan. With the saving I can save and use it for the purchase of my next BlackBerry smartphone maybe the Z50 or Q
    rotorwrench and Doolittle2 like this.
    12-13-13 12:38 AM
    I applaud your stance. If a company doesn't provide you with a service or product you desire, move on. That's what's great about competition and having options, and especially not allowing a company dictate to you what they believe you may or not need. My bro-in-law did the very same thing two weeks ago. He wanted to upgrade to a Z30, AT&T doesn't carry it, so he switched to VZW and happy with his decision. Good luck.
    12-13-13 01:04 AM
    I applaud your stance. If a company doesn't provide you with a service or product you desire, move on. That's what's great about competition and having options, and especially not allowing a company dictate to you what they believe you may or not need. My bro-in-law did the very same thing two weeks ago. He wanted to upgrade to a Z30, AT&T doesn't carry it, so he switched to VZW and happy with his decision. Good luck.
    I am sure AT&T did the numbers and is waiting to officially say they will or will not carry the Z30.
    They must have said lets wait with our decision if we move too early many will jump ship. But
    I want the Z30 and have waited long enough.

I will keep a count. Other can also add to the count no matter when they made the switch. So that is 2 to Verizon.
    to add to the count just type the #sign and the next number. The current count #2
    12-13-13 02:09 AM
    Hey I salute you for standing up for what you want. It is about time that the consumer was heard and was serviced with what they want. Here in HK all the carriers will get you what you want as they all want your business. Take care & have a great holiday season. Let us know how you like your Z30 as I'm curious.. Rocking with my Z10...
    Taede likes this.
    12-13-13 02:25 AM
    Remember the public uproar when Rogers in Canada said that they would not be supporting the Z30. Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc. in the thousands soon had Rogers rethinking their stance. Threats to leave Rogers for another carrier showed Rogers who was the boss.

Rogers relented and started taking orders for the Z30.

You guys need to do the same thing to AT&T. Show them who is boss and leave them for another carrier and let AT&T why you are leaving.

Posted via CB10
    Taede and rotorwrench like this.
    12-13-13 07:29 AM
    One of my ATT lines is being moved to a Verizon Z30 tomorrow because ATT fails to support BlackBerry amongst other reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    12-13-13 09:38 PM
    I stopped by the Verizon store on 42nd street near the corner of 6th Ave/ Ave of Americas. The lady who signed me in was a bit coy I waited 10 minutes to ask about doing a switch, nothing. As I was walking out I was asked can I help you. I was again signed in to the portal and shortly a rep called my name. I asked do you have the Z30, now I knew they did I sat there 20 minutes or more playing with it. Her reply what is that? I said it's BlackBerry's latest release. Second question do you know anything about it? Answer: NO. She said everyone ask for an android or apple device. I kindly replied I asked you for the Z30 can you help me or not? Her reply how can I help you? I said I will start by making a statement and then a question. All your devices transmit data. If you can tell me which device transmits data better than the Z30? Silence. I broke down why I wanted the Z30 and not Apple or Android and that it is her job to inform consumers about the choices available. At this point the store was silent and everyone was tuned in.

I wanted to just leave but thought my job was not done. So I continued. You have a device on the shelves that you know nothing about, I asked you about it and tell you I want it, you can't even complete the sale because you know nothing and I mean nothing about it. You can't even tell me why I should purchase an Apple phone or Android phone. I wish I recorded this to show the world how inept you are and my experience when I visited this Verizon location. But honestly I could never be so heartless. It would be advantageous for you to show up to work prepared. Consumers are knowledgeable and you lack the skill to work in this field. It is the holiday season and I am sorry if I upset you but enough is enough and I hope the next time someone ask about a phone you wont try to sell them something because it is popular.

I thanked her for her time and before exiting let her know that I would be headed to a different Verizon location where the employees are knowledgeable and actually sold a Z30 to a customer that was shown several devices and knew nothing about BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Taede; 12-14-13 at 08:14 PM.
    12-13-13 10:54 PM
    Remember the public uproar when Rogers in Canada said that they would not be supporting the Z30. Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc. in the thousands soon had Rogers rethinking their stance. Threats to leave Rogers for another carrier showed Rogers who was the boss.

You guys need to do the same thing to AT&T. Show them who is boss and leave them for another carrier and let AT&T why you are leaving.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and thank you for sharing.
    12-13-13 10:59 PM
    One of my ATT lines is being moved to a Verizon Z30 tomorrow because ATT fails to support BlackBerry amongst other reasons.

Posted via CB10
    switch #3
    12-13-13 11:00 PM
    So, did you get a Z30?
    12-13-13 11:05 PM
    I don't get why a lot of salespeople try to divert everyone to Android and iOS when a customer insists he/she wants a BlackBerry...

I agree with OP, you are spending your money on a service and these carriers are not respecting their customers by not giving everyone a choice to even do a pre-order in store or online. It's about time the consumers stand up and show these bullies who's boss.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    12-13-13 11:26 PM
    Good for you! Verizon sells BB but I wouldn't exactly say they support them. I have yet to find a sales person who can tell me more than how to turn it on. Good luck with Verizon. Customer service is spotty but you will always have a cell signal.
    Taede likes this.
    12-13-13 11:44 PM

That is exactly what is needed. Complaining on forums isn't the same thing as complaining directly to the carriers. If the carriers don't know that there are customers who want new BlackBerry phones then they won't have them available.
    12-14-13 12:52 AM
    So, did you get a Z30?
    He's too busy playing with his new Z30 to reply.

Posted via Z30
    12-14-13 08:50 AM
    From what I understand sales reps make more of a commission on Apple/Android products so they will ALWAYS sell the "BlackBerry is a dying tech" BS...I always believed in giving the customer what they asked for, you'll make more money that way.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:04 AM
    I wanted to switch but didn't want to give up my unlimited data... I use about 6-8 Gig per month... so that will cost a fortune on Verizon... but yeah ATT sucks.
    12-14-13 09:09 AM
    He's too busy playing with his new Z30 to reply.

Posted via Z30
    I hope so!
    I'm looking to switch from my Q10 to a Z30 so I've been lurking the Z30 section for some time now :P
    12-14-13 04:59 PM
    So, did you get a Z30?
    I should have called the store before making the trip. When I got there the cleaning lady was wiping down the phones.
    12-14-13 08:48 PM