Saw this article and wondered just how much of this bovine feces is out there:

Bloomberg Reporters Compensation - Business Insider

So I invite you all to go down this rabbit hole and dig the foul smelling vermin out and reveal them for what they are. They're not journalist but greedy sensationalist out to make a buck at anyone's demise.

In other words Predators.
    12-12-13 12:13 AM
    Saw this article and wondered just how much of this bovine feces is out there:

Bloomberg Reporters Compensation - Business Insider

So I invite you all to go down this rabbit hole and dig the foul smelling vermin out and reveal them for what they are. They're not journalist but greedy sensationalist out to make a buck at anyone's demise.

In other words Predators.
    Not only is BlackBerry not mentioned in the article, I would like you to show me an example of this happening to BlackBerry so it can be discussed in context. If you're implying it has happened to BlackBerry, I disagree, so much so that I would say even the bit of press they do get has kept the stock higher. Since nobody jumped on board to purchase the company we've seen their real worth isn't even as low as people were upset about, it's actually lower.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-12-13 12:27 AM
    All the sensational articles mentioned had short term effects on the stocks in question. This would not account for BlackBerry stock problems for the last 2 years.

BlackBerry's problems are not just a low stock valuation that has persisted - and does not relate directly to company operational performance. Unless they are attempting to sell additional company owned share to raise capital.

But their real problem is not having products and services that people want or are willing to buy. Yes you can blame the media for a portion of this if you want. But ultimately you have to look at the company and their products and ask yourself if maybe there is a problem there.

This isn't an overnight failure or one that was not foreseen. My first visits to CrackBerry five years ago there were a few smart people that were warning that the Java Platform was not capable of supporting the OS for future smartphones. iPhone was a HUGE worry for many even here back then....
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-12-13 08:28 AM
    You can't expect much love after two consecutive failed product launches (tablet and phone write-offs).

Regardless, many people on this forum have trouble distinguishing between news reports and opinion editorials.

Just because something is published on the internet, does not necessarily require it to be entirely factually based and devoid of commentary opinion.
    One must always look at the source to determine whether something being reported is fact, or opinion.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-12-13 08:37 AM
    All the sensational articles mentioned had short term effects on the stocks in question. This would not account for BlackBerry stock problems for the last 2 years.

BlackBerry's problems are not just a low stock valuation that has persisted - and does not relate directly to company operational performance. Unless they are attempting to sell additional company owned share to raise capital.

But their real problem is not having products and services that people want or are willing to buy. Yes you can blame the media for a portion of this if you want. But ultimately you have to look at the company and their products and ask yourself if maybe there is a problem there.

This isn't an overnight failure or one that was not foreseen. My first visits to CrackBerry five years ago there were a few smart people that were warning that the Java Platform was not capable of supporting the OS for future smartphones. iPhone was a HUGE worry for many even here back then....
    You're gonna get called a debbie downer for sure... LOL.

I was here back then. I mocked the concept of Java being outmuscled, and I mocked the iPhone too... how is that for foresight? But yes, BBRY is paying heavily for those missteps and I do agree that the entity most responsible for BBRY's issues is BBRY itself.

Not everyone will agree.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-12-13 08:42 AM
    I honestly don't know if there are people who make some money saying negative things about Blackberry. I do know of a few people who do have an interest in saying positive things about Blackberry to interested readers: CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!)
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-12-13 10:50 AM
    I had 3 customers tell me they are dropping BlackBerry because the company (RIM at that time) is going out of business. One of those customers specifically referenced a Bloomberg article. That leads me to wonder which came first; The failed product launch or the bad press? All three of those conversations took place before the BB10 Launch in January of this year.

One has to wonder how much Michael Bloomberg and his political "friends" make by knowing what his market-mover writers (I won't call them journalists) are about to publish. There's a legal term for that. If only I could remember what that term is for people trading on inside information.
    i think there are lots of good news article about BB10 launch when thorsten heins announced BB10 selling millions, best BB sales ever, BB increasing BBZ10 production twice the number

but after the BB10 real numbers comes out then it start BB "bashing". it means the media will praise you when you have a good result, but when BB result is not good please prepare for more and more bashing . media just want story that can attract readers/viewers .it seems story about BB failure / success attract lots of people.

point is it is not media fault it is BlackBerry own fault by making lots of mistake that make other keep bashing BB more and more.
    12-12-13 10:55 AM
    Definitely BlackBerry themselves. A week or so before Heins had the show in New York to show off the phones and everything, the stock was $18. I remember that the price was dropping while he was talking. Too many coming soon crap. I'm not sure if it got that high again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jh07; 12-12-13 at 11:33 AM.
    12-12-13 11:07 AM
    BlackBerry "Haters" come from where all "hate" comes from. Ignorance.

Why would a person "hate" a phone, or phone manufacturer. It really doesn't make much sense.

I knew nothing about BlackBerry until 2007 when I took a job that required that I learn it because I had to support it for the company. Since then I've been a BB supporter - maybe too much. But I'm also "the I.T. guy" where I work. At one point all of our users had BlackBerry's. Then the President wanted an iPhone and we ended up giving users a choice between BlackBerry and iPhone. It's split right down the middle. And my BlackBerry users still LOVE their BlackBerry's. They are what I call Apple haters. There are probably a lot more Apple haters our there than you think - their just so self-involved as to be vocal about it.

Most people I know who have iPhones have either small children (and use it as a babysitting device), don't know a thing about computers - or both. Their "hatred" of Blackberry (that's a strong word, but that's what was used by the poster) stems from the fact that they don't' understand what BlackBerry is or does. I do believe that the media is biased against BlackBerry and I believe some people get paid to be commentators to bad-mouth BlackBerry. But BlackBerry has made mistakes too.

As an I.T person, I love BlackBerry because BlackBerry (and CrackBerry for that matter) gives me the tools to tinker. I find it amazing that just in the last few months how much has changed. Since I got my Z10 in March 2013, I first learned to "side-load" apps, then use the Chrome plug in and APK to BAR converter, and now I can install Android apps on my Z10 right through Google Play with the "Snap" app. That's a long way to go in a few months.

So just like when Microsoft launches a new OS, I like to play and its either thumbs up or down. I hated Windows 8 but like Windows 8.1. For those of us who love to understand the equipment, hardware, software, apps, and "secrets", BlackBerry is an amazing platform.

Most of the negativity I read is from the uninformed or biased. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of BlackBerry users that might not be happy with certain things going on with the company or their device, but they don't tend to escalate it further than a forum post.
    potatoguy likes this.
    12-12-13 01:34 PM