Did Best Buy USA stop selling BlackBerry in their stores? I purchased 4 Z10's from my local store in Lancaster, PA this year. I went to do some xmas shopping tonight and strolled through the cell phone section and could not find one BlackBerry product! I asked the help if I overlooked them and she said no. "We don't carry them anymore ". She then pointed to the Samsung section and I said no thanks. Can anyone confirm that Best Buy USA is done with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:59 PM
    not that i am aware of. I saw they had a q10 and z10 on (dummies) on display
    12-11-13 09:01 PM
    The in store fly showed only Q10 for 799 un locked. Nothing else. I checked one of their store floor in mid US, nothing. (I went there looking for shelf stereo, since my Dennon,died. Not much choice either. So it might not just the BlackBerry thing. They might just slim down the inventory to limited brands).

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:15 PM
    For crying out loud it's Christmas time! You would think they would have something on the shelves. No signage. No nothing. Btw I went to price out TV and with the lack of BlackBerry products I've decided to spend my money elsewhere. I've given this particular store thousands of dollars over the years and I'm done. I know it's not entirely their fault and BlackBerry with their lack of marketing is as much to blame. Put it this way if the Z30 was in stock their would be 4 new Z30's under the tree this year. I hope this new CEO knows what the hell he's doing and can right the ship.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    12-11-13 09:48 PM
    For crying out loud it's Christmas time! You would think they would have something on the shelves. No signage. No nothing. Btw I went to price out TV and with the lack of BlackBerry products I've decided to spend my money elsewhere. I've given this particular store thousands of dollars over the years and I'm done. I know it's not entirely their fault and BlackBerry with their lack of marketing is as much to blame. Put it this way if the Z30 was in stock their would be 4 new Z30's under the tree this year. I hope this new CEO knows what the hell he's doing and can right the ship.

Posted via CB10
    why cant you get z30s elsewhere? i mean its a VZW exclusive at this point so I dont expect it to be everywhere but you can for sure get them from VZW...
    12-11-13 09:54 PM
    Just asked the 17 yr old girl in phone dept at Best Buy in upstate NY, do you have any BB's? She said... We had the Z10 before, but no one purchased so we discontinued. I asked if she used it, anyone from BB show her, teach her, a video? Something? Nope! Now in this store there is 100 phones, I bet, even a few qwerty/no name brands, but no BB.... It was a buzzkill.

Marketing failure? Or product failure?
    12-13-13 09:22 PM
    Just asked the 17 yr old girl in phone dept at Best Buy in upstate NY, do you have any BB's? She said... We had the Z10 before, but no one purchased so we discontinued. I asked if she used it, anyone from BB show her, teach her, a video? Something? Nope! Now in this store there is 100 phones, I bet, even a few qwerty/no name brands, but no BB.... It was a buzzkill.

Marketing failure? Or product failure?
    i would say it i a bit of both. with that being said, you can not expect BB reps to hit EVERY Best Buy store in the US and do training. I work for an airline(a major one), and when we have carrier(regional airline) reps come in and do training, They show myself(I am the stations trainer) and a few other people(max of 3), and it is our job to filter that information down to all the other workers on the ramp(approx 50).

i am sure that the department managers(mobile devices), in every Best Buy got either hands on or CBT(computer based training), and it was their responsibility to pass that info down to the sales reps on the floor. Of course they also have to meet certain sales quotas, and commission target goals for each carrier and phone model, and if they have a high target for Apple and Samsung, those are the phones they will push.

unfortunately BBRY will have at least a good solid year of work to turn this tide and stigma, and it will not be an easy road to change perceptions, with either stores or customers.
    12-13-13 09:47 PM
    Can't be mad at Best Buy. They are in the business of making money. I wish blackberry had the same idea instead of burning it in flames.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:13 PM
    Did Best Buy USA stop selling BlackBerry in their stores? I purchased 4 Z10's from my local store in Lancaster, PA this year. I went to do some xmas shopping tonight and strolled through the cell phone section and could not find one BlackBerry product! I asked the help if I overlooked them and she said no. "We don't carry them anymore ". She then pointed to the Samsung section and I said no thanks. Can anyone confirm that Best Buy USA is done with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    At the Best Buy I go to in NJ they told me they are no longer carrying them as BB is going out of business. When BB10 came out they had a huge display as you came into the store. Gone!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    12-14-13 06:24 PM