I've had it with this app. This is just a rant and nothing more. It barely works. Half the time I can't get notifications or conversations. I write a big comment and the post Fails daily. Posts fail daily. News feed continuously switches to top stories. The app is a joke compared to ios or android.
    I know BlackBerry developed this app and it's a classic BlackBerry screw up.
    Facebook is really the only social media I use on my phone and I use it a lot. I expect it to work and be as good as the other OS systems. It never has. It's embarrassing. Not looking really for comments but just needed to vent before I smashed my phone

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:47 PM
    I've had it with this app. This is just a rant and nothing more. It barely works. Half the time I can't get notifications or conversations. I write a big comment and the post Fails daily. Posts fail daily. News feed continuously switches to top stories. The app is a joke compared to ios or android.
    Facebook is really the only social media I use on my phone and I use it a lot. I expect it to work and be as good as the other OS systems. It never has. It's embarrassing. Not looking really for comments but just needed to vent before I smashed my phone

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. My Facebook app has been working perfect. No issues at all.

What OS are you running?
    Are you running the leaked OS?

Proud owner of the Q10 & Z10
    12-11-13 04:50 PM
    I see you're blaming the app. Could you consider that your problems are not affecting everyone's Facebook?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-11-13 04:51 PM
    He doesn't want comments guys.....thats y he posted it in the forums duhh

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-11-13 05:01 PM
    Was just a venting rant. Had a moment of incredible frustration. Feel better now. Yes i still hate the BlackBerry fb app. But appreciate the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:11 PM
    yeah well. I feel like ranting too, you can use the web browser as well.
    12-11-13 06:30 PM
    Sir jes I'm hoping your not insinuating I am stupid. Let's not go there. Sometimes we need to freak out. Was better here than my phone against the wall. Lol
    Guys I appreciate the feedback so know that I'm more calm I will explain a little better without the hate.
    - running rogers os 4.2
    - have had my z10 since they released and had all official OS updates ( but really thinking about 4.2.1)
    - done the few updates fb has had since launch
    - have tried deleting and reinstalling fb a month ago

Same problems the whole time. Major ones:
    - the news feed always defaulting to top stories drives me nuts. I don't want top stories, I want it in chronological order. So I have touch.facebook set up on my browser so I can go there, switch it to chronological order, then minimize that and then open the fb app so it's in order. It never stays set that way. It always sets back to top stories. Why BlackBerry has not put that stupid "sort" button on the top right yet is beyond me.
    - I find the app buggy, sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
    - many times notifications don't link to hub or show up on app icon but when I open the app I have 3 conversations and a ton of notifications
    - many times when trying to load a notification or conversation the app just has the spinning wheel and hangs. Always happens at worst time. Like today. It's really frustrating. It seems to be random.
    - many times I go.to look at a post and it says. Cannot load post. Also seems random
    - this one kills me. I try to add a comment to a post be it my own or another and after I spend the time typing it and posting it it just says post failed. It may be from the main news feed screen or after I have tapped on a picture and went to leave a comment. It happens a lot and again, randomly. But it drives me nuts. Happened to me about 2 times today.

I think that's the major rants. Not sure what can be done. Upgrade to new leaked OS and can I run the Android fb app?

Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:31 PM
    No problems on my Q. Works great. I do wish they would makes a "Pages" app for Facebook, though. I still have to use my iPhone for the Pages I run.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    12-11-13 06:47 PM
    Facebook runs on BlackBerry browser really well.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-11-13 07:06 PM
    It does run on the browser and while that is great I would prefer to use the app. I know that seems dumb. When I run the mobile browser version and I have scrolled down a ways on the news feed then go into a post or pic how do I go back without it taking me to the top of the news feed again. I don't see a back button so the only way I see is to hit the back browser button? How do you do that

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:59 PM
    I would try to secure wipe my device and start anew without anything restored. If it doesn't work, upgrade to 10.2.1 and try the native app. If it doesn't work, use the Android app.

It seems a software problem since it only seems to affect this app. So there is surely a way to make the native one work.

12-11-13 08:00 PM
    It does run on the browser and while that is great I would prefer to use the app. I know that seems dumb. When I run the mobile browser version and I have scrolled down a ways on the news feed then go into a post or pic how do I go back without it taking me to the top of the news feed again. I don't see a back button so the only way I see is to hit the back browser button? How do you do that

Posted via CB10
    I would not be satisfied with using the browser or an Android port. Those are ways to bypass the problems, not solve it.

The native Cascades experience is way better anyway .

12-11-13 08:07 PM
    No the app does suck even before I got on the leak it sucked, it sucks even more on the leak

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:09 PM
    Facebook app for BlackBerry sucks, period.

What bugs me the most is that it feels like the developing team assigned to this app are just sitting on their asses doing nothing. FB for Android or iOS gets at least one update per month, even if it's just for bug fixes, here, we don't even get that.

I wouldn't be so mad at this app if I at least knew they're working on it and that an update is coming soon, but we're just left out in the dark -.-

My communication device doesn't give me the proper tools to communicate, awesome.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:16 PM
    Facebook sucks on all OS's. It sucks on my iPhone too. It always reverts back to Top Stories, as well. You're correct that it'd be great to have the sort option. This will likely come in the next update. It takes time to get all the features. The current app is much better than the original one BlackBerry 10 had.

I don't really have any issues except that I don't receive notifications in the Hub until I open the app, or it fetches them about every hour or so.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:18 PM
    No the app does suck even before I got on the leak it sucked, it sucks even more on the leak

Posted via CB10
    Facebook app for BlackBerry sucks, period.

What bugs me the most is that it feels like the developing team assigned to this app are just sitting on their asses doing nothing. FB for Android or iOS gets at least one update per month, even if it's just for bug fixes, here, we don't even get that.

I wouldn't be so mad at this app if I at least knew they're working on it and that an update is coming soon, but we're just left out in the dark -.-

My communication device doesn't give me the proper tools to communicate, awesome.

Posted via CB10
    If you could develop a bit about your problems instead of expressing your self-pity, that would be great.

The community is here to solve problems, not listen to whiners. You can do that in the mirror or with your mom.

rflan7 and jpvj like this.
    12-11-13 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I face same problem with fb app, it needs to be fixed nd updated.

Posted via z10
    12-11-13 08:45 PM
    I understand OP's reason for his rant!! This is an issue with BB as a whole and has been this way for awhile...FaceBook and BlackBerry have always said to have a good relationship with one another, yet FaceBook will not develop a native app like they do on Android and iOS...and no matter what people say we all know FaceBook would develop a much better FaceBook experience on BB10 than what the one we now have currently offers...also we would get constant updates instead of 1 every 3 months...

BlackBerry needs to find a way to get these companies to create their own apps and not have BlackBerry develop the app in house...

There are a lot of problems with the BB10 FaceBook app and the iOS and Android app is miles ahead of BB10 one...come on BlackBerry
    12-11-13 09:07 PM
    As much as I continue to expand upon my appreciation for BB10, some people in this forum are patently ridiculous.

The OP has a point. The BlackBerry FB app sucks when compared to those on iOS and Android. Works for for me, but I'm not a hard core FB-er.

Works fine for me? Works fine on the browser? Give me a break. It's a deficiency of BlackBerry. End. Of. Story.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:18 PM
    It FB developed the app, the first thing it would do would be to suck all your phone contacts to FB...
    12-11-13 09:24 PM
    So, here is what puzzles me:

Facebook can't be bothered to develop an official app for BB10. So, BlackBerry steps in to fill the void using the APIs. Yet, people blame BlackBerry for a "classic screw-up", comparing it with official Facebook apps on iOS and Android.

Weird. It's just socially acceptable now to call everything a "classic BlackBerry screw up".

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    mk2234 and sickyute like this.
    12-11-13 09:28 PM
    So, here is what puzzles me:

Facebook can't be bothered to develop an official app for BB10. So, BlackBerry steps in to fill the void using the APIs. Yet, people blame BlackBerry for a "classic screw-up", comparing it with official Facebook apps on iOS and Android.

Weird. It's just socially acceptable now to call everything a "classic BlackBerry screw up".

So people should blame FB because BlackBerry did a POS job making the app? That's strong apologism.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:13 PM
    So people should blame FB because BlackBerry did a POS job making the app? That's strong apologism.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I never said that people should blame Facebook. You just assumed it. I try to be a realist, not an apologist, nor an alarmist.

People should blame neither BlackBerry nor Facebook. The companies have business reasons for what they do or don't put out in the market. People should do their homework, and choose a platform that provides the best possible experience, most of their required apps and the least possible hassle for them. Then, they should suck it up and not complain.

Last edited by clickitykeys; 12-12-13 at 04:22 PM.
    mk2234 likes this.
    12-11-13 10:23 PM
    Sorry, but Facebook sucks in general.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:26 PM
    Sir jes I'm hoping your not insinuating I am stupid. Let's not go there. Sometimes we need to freak out. Was better here than my phone against the wall. Lol
    Guys I appreciate the feedback so know that I'm more calm I will explain a little better without the hate.
    - running rogers os 4.2
    - have had my z10 since they released and had all official OS updates ( but really thinking about 4.2.1)
    - done the few updates fb has had since launch
    - have tried deleting and reinstalling fb a month ago

Same problems the whole time. Major ones:
    - the news feed always defaulting to top stories drives me nuts. I don't want top stories, I want it in chronological order. So I have touch.facebook set up on my browser so I can go there, switch it to chronological order, then minimize that and then open the fb app so it's in order. It never stays set that way. It always sets back to top stories. Why BlackBerry has not put that stupid "sort" button on the top right yet is beyond me.
    - I find the app buggy, sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
    - many times notifications don't link to hub or show up on app icon but when I open the app I have 3 conversations and a ton of notifications
    - many times when trying to load a notification or conversation the app just has the spinning wheel and hangs. Always happens at worst time. Like today. It's really frustrating. It seems to be random.
    - many times I go.to look at a post and it says. Cannot load post. Also seems random
    - this one kills me. I try to add a comment to a post be it my own or another and after I spend the time typing it and posting it it just says post failed. It may be from the main news feed screen or after I have tapped on a picture and went to leave a comment. It happens a lot and again, randomly. But it drives me nuts. Happened to me about 2 times today.

I think that's the major rants. Not sure what can be done. Upgrade to new leaked OS and can I run the Android fb app?

Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    That's weird. I'm with rogers and on the official os, and my fb app is running flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:28 PM
45 12