I would really like to buy the Z30 but i have an issue trusting other cites and that i have the product that will work with my current carrier. Why is BlackBerry not taking advantage of this and selling these products on their cite for what ever carrier you currently have?
    12-11-13 12:32 PM
    But the do don't they? Ahh not the Z30 though. Wonder why that is.
    12-11-13 12:36 PM
    They make you select a carrier and then it takes you to the carries web page, in this case its Verizon as they are the only US carrier that is selling the Z30.
    12-11-13 01:01 PM
    Probably why I haven't even bothered to look for one. I'm with AT&T
    12-11-13 01:06 PM
    They don't tend to sell directly because for the consumer market, the carrier does the support and service. In addition, the carriers are their real customers and if they sold directly, why would the carrier bother to stock or sell them in their retail stores. Its like the old expression, " Don't bite the hand that feeds you." In other words, don't cause ill will with the carriers.

In my wishful thinking, some of the carriers may not be selling the Z30 because there is something better coming, such as a 5" slider with keyboard.
    12-11-13 01:08 PM
    They don't tend to sell directly because for the consumer market, the carrier does the support and service. In addition, the carriers are their real customers and if they sold directly, why would the carrier bother to stock or sell them in their retail stores. Its like the old expression, " Don't bite the hand that feeds you." In other words, don't cause ill will with the carriers.

In my wishful thinking, some of the carriers may not be selling the Z30 because there is something better coming, such as a 5" slider with keyboard.
    But they are selling the Q10 and Z10 directly. So why not the Z30?
    12-11-13 01:09 PM
    This is true, they are selling the Z10 unlocked for $399.
    12-11-13 01:21 PM
    I would really like to buy the Z30 but i have an issue trusting other cites and that i have the product that will work with my current carrier. Why is BlackBerry not taking advantage of this and selling these products on their cite for what ever carrier you currently have?
    No Z30 yet - but Q10 and Z10 is being sold Unlocked directly from their website: shopblackberry.com

hopefully Z30 will also be available soon
    12-11-13 01:23 PM
    No Z30 yet - but Q10 and Z10 is being sold Unlocked directly from their website: shopblackberry.com

hopefully Z30 will also be available soon
    That is what i am waiting on.
    12-11-13 01:32 PM
    That is in the USA only and by what you read on this site, the American carriers don't seem to care about BlackBerry. Note that BlackBerry does not sell direct in their home country, Canada, where the carriers put a lot of effort and display space into selling the Z10 and to a lesser extent, the Q10.

It could be as simple as the American carriers returning the unsold Z10 and Q10 stock and BlackBerry clearing out that stock. The point being the carrier had first crack at selling them and BlackBerry is only selling what the carriers couldn't sell and no longer wanted.
    12-11-13 02:11 PM
    Also, would think they may not have produced as many Z30's and don't have excess inventory to deal with like the Z10's. If sales are still dismal then no doubt the Z30 will drop in price as well. With decent reviews and positive sentiment towards the Z30 Blackberry may be trying to keep the margin high on at least that model if there is decent sell through.
    12-11-13 02:32 PM
    Those are all good points. Just though with them not doing as well as they would like they would be maximizing all their options to raise sales. Selling their phones unlocked on their cite not limiting themselves to just several carries (or in this case just one US carrier) and allow all BB followers to buy the latest and greatest directly. The US market may not be one of their biggest on sales but i think it is a good size to make this more, in my opinion.
    12-11-13 03:13 PM