Hi guys,

Since blackberry 10 is gesture base OS, how about we cant draw a circle any ware in any app it will take us to related settings.
    isn't it cool instead of clicking three dots or settings icon.
    12-08-13 09:01 PM
    what if you're playing a game and it requires you to draw a circle (for example, Cut the Rope)?
    The problem with using gestures like this is that you might override some other feature accidentally.

That's why BB put the touch sensitive bezel on the device - to make gestures possible without overriding other functionality.
    12-08-13 09:39 PM
    Interesting idea but I consider adblock in web browser by BlackBerry more usefull.

Keyboard settings for each app would be very usefull too. I am trying to write in english sometimes but my mother language is czech. For instance: When I open crackberry app, the keyboard will auto-turn to english prediction or it will just turn it off.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    12-10-13 03:57 PM
    what if you're playing a game and it requires you to draw a circle (for example, Cut the Rope)?
    The problem with using gestures like this is that you might override some other feature accidentally.

That's why BB put the touch sensitive bezel on the device - to make gestures possible without overriding other functionality.
    I think he means as a home screen gesture. But could be mistaken.

Personally in 10.3 I think they should recreate Jolla concepts, make them better and more practical. Plus I have a big 10.3 list in a few places in these forums if you search 10.3 :P

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:28 PM
    this is just an idea there might be other way around like hold down one finger on screen and draw a circle with other.
    12-10-13 11:56 PM
    We can swipe up and then to the right for notifications/Hub, why not a swipe up and to the left to bring up our active frames we can scroll/cycle through on the fly?
    We can swipe up halfway to minimize an app, why not swipe up fully to close an app from within?
    We can swipe down to bring settings. But why not have the ability to customize what we see in settings so we can have quick access to what we use/want most?
    We have a grid layout for apps on our homescreen. Whynot have a permanent customizable row of apps on the bottom? That way when scrolling through pages of apps our favorite/most used ones always remain there for consistent access throughout?
    I agree with everything you said

Customizable pull down settings should definitely be revamped and add more customizable features. Right now they are partly customizable as seen below. But I to would like more.
    I'd rather see themes/launchers like from BBOS/android first though. For me that would be more of a game changing feature. Make a lot more people happy. Developers could have fun with it. More positive things around here suince thread will be popping up saying look at this sweet theme. Just like the good old BBOS7 days. And themes are still popping up for it. Just let pooter mobile put there hands on a customizable theme.. enough rambling :P

A cool feature that we need in BB 10.3-img_00000677.png

A cool feature that we need in BB 10.3-img_00000676.png

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:12 PM
    We can swipe up and then to the right for notifications/Hub, why not a swipe up and to the left to bring up our active frames we can scroll/cycle through on the fly?
    We can swipe up halfway to minimize an app, why not swipe up fully to close an app from within?
    We can swipe down to bring settings. But why not have the ability to customize what we see in settings so we can have quick access to what we use/want most?
    We have a grid layout for apps on our homescreen. Whynot have a permanent customizable row of apps on the bottom? That way when scrolling through pages of apps our favorite/most used ones always remain there for consistent access throughout?
    I really like that first suggestion. Something like a swipe up and right and you cycle through a list of your open apps (active frames) while still holding onto the screen and just let go when the app you want to switch to is highlighted
    Also would like the ability to do dual screen apps. Like having the browser opened up with i.e. a YouTube video playing in the top and remember in the bottom part so you can take notes of the playing video, especially useful for the Z30 screen size

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:12 PM
    I'd much rather see a way to reset the hub to the main screen. Every time I exit the hub it remains in last viewed screen and have to go in and flick back to main hub screen again. Wish this oversight would be rectified.

Another CB user has suggested that if swipe right to left it just exits but if swipe up it resets to hub main screen then exits hub. Would be sooooooo much better.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:17 PM
    "Can't draw..."

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:19 PM
    The ability to use dual screens is possible now through an app available in BlackBerry World. CrackBerry did a feature on it a while back...
    Yeah, Web Splitter Browser, great app but it would be great if more apps could be used this way and if it would be built into the OS. Right now the app just limits it to the browser

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:43 PM
    Yeah, Web Splitter Browser, great app but it would be great if more apps could be used this way and if it would be built into the OS. Right now the app just limits it to the browser

Posted via CB10
    kind of like how samsung does it?
    12-12-13 12:30 AM
    kind of like how samsung does it?
    Yes, that would be so great
    Imagine this scenario: You have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to your phone over Bluetooth (or usb host on the Z30) your screen is mirrored on tour desktop/pc over miracast (or HDMI for the Z10). You are editing a spreadsheet in Docs To Go and need to enter some data in a separate word document, so you pin the Word To Go app on the bottom part of your screen. While you are editing and typing a call comes in from your wife. You answer, put it on speakerphone and swipe tho get out of your phone app and back to your Multi Window while talking to your wife and editing your wife reminds you to pick up some milk on the way home, so you save the Word document and replace it with the Remember app and save a reminder. Your wife hangs up and a BBM request comes in to Video with your head chef and you accept it and start screenshare. You show your boss your work you have just done and show him a quick slide of presentation you made in the BlackBerry Express app. After he hangs up. You unplug/disconnect your device from the screen and walk outbof the office

BlackBerry is all about getting stuff done and putting communication first, so why not simplify it even more?
    "Keep Moving"

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:59 PM
    Yes, that would be so great
    Imagine this scenario: You have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to your phone over Bluetooth (or usb host on the Z30) your screen is mirrored on tour desktop/pc over miracast (or HDMI for the Z10). You are editing a spreadsheet in Docs To Go and need to enter some data in a separate word document, so you pin the Word To Go app on the bottom part of your screen. While you are editing and typing a call comes in from your wife. You answer, put it on speakerphone and swipe tho get out of your phone app and back to your Multi Window while talking to your wife and editing your wife reminds you to pick up some milk on the way home, so you save the Word document and replace it with the Remember app and save a reminder. Your wife hangs up and a BBM request comes in to Video with your head chef and you accept it and start screenshare. You show your boss your work you have just done and show him a quick slide of presentation you made in the BlackBerry Express app. After he hangs up. You unplug/disconnect your device from the screen and walk outbof the office

BlackBerry is all about getting stuff done and putting communication first, so why not simplify it even more?
    "Keep Moving"

Posted via CB10
    That would be unreal.

They just finished the base of BB10 (10.2) soon they will get the fancy stuff I assume.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:17 PM
    Having multi touch control in hub :

Swipe up and to the right to view hub, but keep your finger on screen, then be able to use your other hand to sort through the hub. This would be helpful if you left off somewhere let's say email, and you got a notification of a new bbm you can use your other hand to go back to main hub folder and chose bbm etc

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:20 PM
    Thoughts on a Superbowl commercial-
    America's expectation: 10.4
    Reality: 10.1 (if you're lucky)

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:40 AM