Just downloaded the free spiderman game and thought it would be nice to play it on my big screen. I purchased a micro hdmi to regular hdmi out cable back in May but never got around to using it. Has anyone tried playing games on the big screen from the Q10 hookup and let me know if it works? Thanks in advance as I just don't want to go thru all the trouble disconnecting my setup to find out it doesn't. If it does work, then I will purchase a hdmi switch for simplicity

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-08-13 04:53 PM
    I've watched a movie that way. Haven't tried playing a game, but don't see why it would be any different. Worked fine, but I had to set the TV's display to zoom mode for the movie to appear large enough on the screen (unlike with the Z10, which didn't require the zoom mode).

Via CB10 VZW Z10 STL100-4, Q10 SQN100-2 10.2.0.1803
    12-08-13 05:14 PM
    I've watched a movie that way. Haven't tried playing a game, but don't see why it would be any different. Worked fine, but I had to set the TV's display to zoom mode for the movie to appear large enough on the screen (unlike with the Z10, which didn't require the zoom mode).

You could have used the "Play On" feature instead of messing with the TV.

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-08-13 05:18 PM
    The only way I'm ever able to get games to display full screen on my tele is when using the Playbook.
    I never tried to play a game from the Q10 through hdmi, and upon now just checking I cannot find a setting that allows one to go full screen.
    There a PlayOn setting for movies but oi don't see a setting for games.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:40 PM

Doesn't work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=880786

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:45 PM

Do you have to be a subscriber to this channel, it doesn't open on the BB and the desktop.
    12-08-13 06:48 PM

Your TV must be compatible. Mine is 4 and a half years old and doesn't have DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:34 PM
    [QUOTE=FrankIAm;9676137]You could have used the "Play On" feature instead of messing with the TV.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that!

12-08-13 09:44 PM
    Your TV must be compatible. Mine is 4 and a half years old and doesn't have DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll have to check it out when I have a chance. My TV is about that old as well, so it my not have DLNA either.

12-08-13 09:47 PM
    Hi !
    I have a hdmi (mini/micro I don't know the name, but it fits the my q10) cable which costs around 3$ on Ebay and I'm very pleased with it. I just plug it in the phone and in the TV and select the HDMI source on the TV's menu. However, the standard output image is a square (just like the screen), so don't expect a 16:9 standard game experience (because the game is also rendered in 1:1 ratio on the phone). But, since you're probably watched videos/played youtube on the phone, you noticed that the 16:9 content is rendered on a small part of the screen. Regarding this, I have on my TV (a non-smart Toshiba LED HD TV) the option of zooming on the image and vo�la, the 16:9 videos are one the full TV (and the image is not square anymore). Don't forget that this is a TV specific option, not an option of the phone (the Q10 will simply output a 1:1 ratio).
    Again, games are also square on the screen, so you won't be able to make them 16:9.
    Moreover, playing games with the cable on the left of the phone might be a pain.
    If you want to watch movies (as it is an hdmi connection, the TV will also render the audio via the cable), see photos, make presentations etc, connecting an hdmi cable would be great. If you want to play games and see them on a big TV, hmm, might not be so delightful (not impossible, though).
    But if you have a smart TV which has Miracast capabilities, that would be great as you'll have the same advantages of sharing the screen/audio, but no more cables required (just an wi-fi connection).

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:09 PM
    Hi !
    I have a hdmi (mini/micro I don't know the name, but it fits the my q10) cable which costs around 3$ on Ebay and I'm very pleased with it. I just plug it in the phone and in the TV and select the HDMI source on the TV's menu. However, the standard output image is a square (just like the screen), so don't expect a 16:9 standard game experience (because the game is also rendered in 1:1 ratio on the phone). But, since you're probably watched videos/played youtube on the phone, you noticed that the 16:9 content is rendered on a small part of the screen. Regarding this, I have on my TV (a non-smart Toshiba LED HD TV) the option of zooming on the image and vo�la, the 16:9 videos are one the full TV (and the image is not square anymore). Don't forget that this is a TV specific option, not an option of the phone (the Q10 will simply output a 1:1 ratio).
    Again, games are also square on the screen, so you won't be able to make them 16:9.
    Moreover, playing games with the cable on the left of the phone might be a pain.
    If you want to watch movies (as it is an hdmi connection, the TV will also render the audio via the cable), see photos, make presentations etc, connecting an hdmi cable would be great. If you want to play games and see them on a big TV, hmm, might not be so delightful (not impossible, though).
    But if you have a smart TV which has Miracast capabilities, that would be great as you'll have the same advantages of sharing the screen/audio, but no more cables required (just an wi-fi connection).

Posted via CB10
    Again, open your videos/images/presentations/music/etc(except games) using the "Play on Feature", select HDMI cable, and the content will take up the whole screen.

Using Q10 with HDMI Cable-img_00001674.png

ioansuhov and johnnyhead like this.
    12-09-13 08:49 AM
    It works great when I;m trying to play "Real Racing 3".....I love it on my big screen
    '
    daliann likes this.
    12-09-13 12:01 PM
    any time i connect either my q10 or zeddy or even playbook to the tv via hdmi it works flawlessly.
    12-09-13 12:41 PM
    Again, open your videos/images/presentations/music/etc(except games) using the "Play on Feature", select HDMI cable, and the content will take up the whole screen.
    Thanks! Spot on what I needed to read
    01-12-14 11:55 AM