I am really curious about this, seeing as how that is one of the topics that probably has the most threads dedicated to it. I have been a BB user for almost two years now, first with AT&T, and now with Sprint, and I have not once used that feature. If I need to send a pic to someone, I just email it.

So chime in, and let the Crackberry world know, who uses it, and who doesn't.
    10-30-08 11:39 AM
    I use MMS for alot of pics, its easy. For those who don't have MMS, i send pics via e-mail...
    10-30-08 11:41 AM
    I use it. Most of my friends have "dumb phones" so its a must for me. Plus, they send me funny MMS messages all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 11:45 AM
    I use it occasionally, like if I see a rare exotic car ill take a picture then send it to a friend. I could live without it no problem though; email is just as useful for those kinds of things.

10-30-08 11:47 AM
    MMS and SMS are the only way I communicate with my daughter (15) who lives on the other side of the globe. If she had a BB I'd probably email her instead.
    10-30-08 11:49 AM
    This is my first phone with the ability, and my brother-in-law was concerned about my using it. He believes that such messages come on as data rather than as a "text" and since he doesn't have a data plan it would cost him. With two teen-age daughters he has a pretty hefty text plan in place, but he's convinced it doesn't apply with MMS. Anyone know about this (he's also on AT&T)?
    10-30-08 11:51 AM
    I send MMS everyday to family and friends,

10-30-08 11:53 AM
    This is my first phone with the ability, and my brother-in-law was concerned about my using it. He believes that such messages come on as data rather than as a "text" and since he doesn't have a data plan it would cost him. With two teen-age daughters he has a pretty hefty text plan in place, but he's convinced it doesn't apply with MMS. Anyone know about this (he's also on AT&T)?
    MMS works just like SMS. It does not use the data plan (BIS or BES). If you don't have BIS or BES, you can't use email.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 10-30-08 at 12:10 PM.
    10-30-08 12:07 PM
    Receive them yes, but never send one out
    10-30-08 12:09 PM
    Haven't used it... yet.
    10-30-08 12:10 PM
    MMS works just like SMS. It does not use the data plan (BIS or BES). If you don't have BIS or BES, you can't use email.
    Okay. Sorry to harp on it but he can be a hard sell. He and his daughters don't have smart phones, but the ones they have do have MMS. If I send one of them a "text" with an image from, say, my camera, it just counts as a single text message from the perspective of his plan?
    10-30-08 12:12 PM
    If I could use it, I would. Alltel blocks it, but I have tried and wish I could.

10-30-08 12:20 PM
    Okay. Sorry to harp on it but he can be a hard sell. He and his daughters don't have smart phones, but the ones they have do have MMS. If I send one of them a "text" with an image from, say, my camera, it just counts as a single text message from the perspective of his plan?
    Yes, that is correct.
    10-30-08 12:22 PM
    Never use it.
    10-30-08 12:23 PM
    Alot of Carrier's have free MMS, i have Verizon and they do...
    10-30-08 12:24 PM
    I use it almost everyday! I love sending funny/random pics to friends!
    10-30-08 12:39 PM
    I will put my vote in, Yes I use it but not everyday.
    10-30-08 12:47 PM
    Double edged sword, it actually counts as both. If you don't have a data plan with AT&T you cuold get charged for MMS data useage. 2 years ago, that was a bit of a problem I had to work through with AT&T myself to try to get money back for such. They claimed since my parents and brother didn't have data when we sent MMS we were getting charged for the data AND the message. I managed to get it reversed but they still warned me about such. Now we all have crackberries so it's not an issue anyways.
    10-30-08 12:49 PM
    I would use it if I was able to.

10-30-08 12:50 PM
    Yes, that is correct.
    depends on if they got a text message package in the past year or not. I believe if it was before a year ago, text and mms typically were separated. Possibly 2 years ago, but some people keep the same texting plan and do not ever update it. So you could have a 4 year old text plan which doesn't support MMS and not even know it.
    10-30-08 12:51 PM
    I am really curious about this, seeing as how that is one of the topics that probably has the most threads dedicated to it. I have been a BB user for almost two years now, first with AT&T, and now with Sprint, and I have not once used that feature. If I need to send a pic to someone, I just email it.

So chime in, and let the Crackberry world know, who uses it, and who doesn't.
    Very little but just today. Maybe. 4 times a week.

10-30-08 12:53 PM
    Yes I use it, but not everyday.
    10-30-08 12:53 PM
    I love mms. Use it all the time.

10-30-08 01:01 PM
    I use it fairly often. Have a Verizon Family plan and I am the only BB out of the four of us. Course I then usually turn right around and e-mail the photo to my Picasaweb folder.
    10-30-08 01:56 PM
    Maybe once a week for me.
    10-30-08 01:59 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD