I've been a loyal Blackberry owner for the last decade. I've loved every device I've owned, and have been a constant advocate for Blackberry. I currently carry the Bold 9930, which is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. Now it is time to upgrade, and for the first time I am not sure Blackberry is my best option. I want to see Blackberry succeed more than anything, so I have spent an absurd amount of time delaying my decision. I hate the IPhone and the blind cult that follows it's every move. I simply do not understand what the attraction is. So here is what I need to know: I am currently Verizon, but the service embarrassingly PATHETIC in my area, so I am making the switch to AT&T (which kills me...I want the Z30), so I've narrowed my choices to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the HTC One, and of course the Z10(which I make every possible excuse for to try to make it look like the best choice.

I can handle any small glitches etc, I trust that Blackberry will stand behind their product as always, and will continue to roll out OS updates....I'm 28, and I rely way too much on a few certain apps ( currently I use my IPad for these (don't worry I have a Playbook too)).....so, basically, with the latest update (I have no problems with installing the recent "leak"), will I be able to run stable versions of Instagram, SnapChat, PicStitch....I know those apps sound petty, but after all of this time not having them, I want them badly.....Additionally, will these apps permanently work, meaning will support for the "android player" continue in future updates, or will these app administrators attempt to block Blackberry's from running these apps?

I know I just wasted a lot of people time with all of that, but I genuinely appreciate any advice/help that anyone can offer. If I knew the Z30 would be coming to AT&T, it may be worth the wait, but I still have the same app questions. Thank you!
    12-07-13 06:26 PM
    If you can still get the Z10 for $200, I say give it a go. If you don't like it, there's a 30 day return policy from ShopBlackBerry.

Instagram works on BlackBerry and there are even native apps that act as clients. Unfortunately, Snapchat is harder to get as finding an up to date APK is difficult.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-07-13 06:44 PM
    I've had snapchat and have instagram on my Z10. Sideload up OS 10.2.1 and you can almost have any Android app. Google services can be difficult. Still don't get the point of snapchat myself.

Posted via CB10
    GS51 and jfletcherm like this.
    12-07-13 08:38 PM
    Also, if you want the z30 on at&t, you can still get it and it will work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-07-13 08:45 PM
    I've had snapchat and have instagram on my Z10. Sideload up OS 10.2.1 and you can almost have any Android app. Google services can be difficult. Still don't get the point of snapchat myself.
    Think I managed to figure out Snapchat yesterday. Funny how it works even though it says it needs Google services to run.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-08-13 11:17 AM
    Who is your cell provider

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 11:38 AM
    First of all.. u don't have to put up with glitches even if u can handle them.. and the z10 is not a glitchy phone anyway..
    Go for the z10..
    It's a bumpy road in the starting.. u noe.. getting used to the new gestures and tricks.. but trust me.. after that.. it will be the most buttery road u have ever walked on..
    Lemmi give u a perspective..
    I have used the iPhone, numerous android platform and Samsung devices..
    I have had the Z10 since its launch now.
    I like getting into the software.. I noe.. jail breaking the iPhone, rooting android.. so naturally.. I played around with this BBOS too.. side loading and whatnot..

After a this, I can sufficiently say.. that if I have to give away or change this handset of mine (white Z10), then the new phone I would take is a black Z10..

I noe it's going long.. but some advantages (not that I need to justify my choice) of the phone are:
    THE BlackBerry Hub.. everthing at one place
    Awsum gestures..
    A keyboard with literally a brain of itself..(the best prediction u can probably have for the next couple of years)
    Flick typing and this thing learns as u type!!
    It works!!!
    That's that man... hope u get the feel of it.. or at least the passion and pride with which I use the phone..

PS- I typed up this article ie whatever in 3mins 43 secs.. and that's including the thinking part..

Hit via the sexiest fone there is. Did sumone say Z10?
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-08-13 11:59 AM
    Who is your cell provider

He said Verizon but is switching to att. Did you read his post? J/s

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-08-13 11:59 AM
    I've been a loyal Blackberry owner for the last decade. I've loved every device I've owned, and have been a constant advocate for Blackberry. I currently carry the Bold 9930, which is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. Now it is time to upgrade, and for the first time I am not sure Blackberry is my best option. I want to see Blackberry succeed more than anything, so I have spent an absurd amount of time delaying my decision. I hate the IPhone and the blind cult that follows it's every move. I simply do not understand what the attraction is. So here is what I need to know: I am currently Verizon, but the service embarrassingly PATHETIC in my area, so I am making the switch to AT&T (which kills me...I want the Z30), so I've narrowed my choices to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the HTC One, and of course the Z10(which I make every possible excuse for to try to make it look like the best choice.

I can handle any small glitches etc, I trust that Blackberry will stand behind their product as always, and will continue to roll out OS updates....I'm 28, and I rely way too much on a few certain apps ( currently I use my IPad for these (don't worry I have a Playbook too)).....so, basically, with the latest update (I have no problems with installing the recent "leak"), will I be able to run stable versions of Instagram, SnapChat, PicStitch....I know those apps sound petty, but after all of this time not having them, I want them badly.....Additionally, will these apps permanently work, meaning will support for the "android player" continue in future updates, or will these app administrators attempt to block Blackberry's from running these apps?

I know I just wasted a lot of people time with all of that, but I genuinely appreciate any advice/help that anyone can offer. If I knew the Z30 would be coming to AT&T, it may be worth the wait, but I still have the same app questions. Thank you!
    If I where you and it was financially feasible I'd get the unlocked z10 for 200, get att service and upgrade to the z30 when they get it. The z30 is only exclusive to vzw for a short time, I'm sure att will get it soon.

jfletcherm likes this.
    12-08-13 12:04 PM
    He said Verizon but is switching to att. Did you read his post? J/s

Sorry I must have missed that part pretty lady

12-08-13 04:45 PM
    Hey since you have vzw... wanna buy a q10 with all the bells and whistles? PM if you are...

12-08-13 04:47 PM
    If your going AT&T get a Z10 from them or buy from BlackBerry for 200$ believe me is the best phone ever I have all of those APPS working with sideload on 10.2.0. And direct download on 10.2.1 if you have the money I got a Verizon Z30 working on AT&T it comes unlocked to use on any carrier.

Posted on the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0. 1809
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-08-13 05:18 PM
    Thanks for all of the great advice!! I'm going to give the Z10 a try!!! And will probably go for the Z30 ASAP. I hope that people will realize how far Blackberry has come. The future is bright!

THANKS AGAIN!
    12-08-13 10:10 PM
    Thanks for all of the great advice!! I'm going to give the Z10 a try!!! And will probably go for the Z30 ASAP. I hope that people will realize how far Blackberry has come. The future is bright!

THANKS AGAIN!
    I would urge you to go with the Z10. I had a Bold for years and it was such a good phone that I kept waiting to upgrade. I briefly looked at the Lumia's but in the end I stayed BB. The app situation really does not exist for most people. There is enough of the needed ones and new ones are coming in on a regular basis.
    jfletcherm likes this.
    12-09-13 04:24 AM