I am changing the lens on my new pink housing cause it was broke when I received it. but I noticed that on the inside of the original lens where the status light is there is a small plastic piece that dims the brightness of the light (atleast that is what I think it is for) now the new lenses do not come with that piece. Is it hard to take out of the orginal lens? Is it really fragile? I don't want to break it or my original housing/lens just in case I need to put it back on for some reason.

Is there somewhere I can buy that piece?
    10-30-08 08:43 AM
    I dont know about that peice, but I changed my lens the other night, I youtubed some vids and decided which route.

I found 2 options, one was take the thing apart and pop it out, replace.. the other method was keeping the BB in tact, just pulling the lens off from the top, and replacing it.

My lens was not flush nor sitting right, I opted for the 2nd method of simply pulling the lens out from the top, (Youtube will show you how) it was easy to take off due to my issues..

Where did you buy the housing from?

(hoping you aint gonna say Ebay) LOL
    10-30-08 08:47 AM
    You can pop off the cover for the LED from your original housing and pop it on the new one. that was my mistake too when I ordered from Ebay, it didnt come like it should, when I emailed them, they said they dont come with the light protector, nor did I find any on sale anywhere..

From that point on, Ive ordered from cnn.cn and they come the way they are supposed too, all pieces LOL

But yes, you can take off the cover from the first and pop it on the second, I used tweezers to do so (never again from ebay)
    10-30-08 08:53 AM
    You can pop off the cover for the LED from your original housing and pop it on the new one. that was my mistake too when I ordered from Ebay, it didnt come like it should, when I emailed them, they said they dont come with the light protector, nor did I find any on sale anywhere..

From that point on, Ive ordered from cnn.cn and they come the way they are supposed too, all pieces LOL

But yes, you can take off the cover from the first and pop it on the second, I used tweezers to do so (never again from ebay)
    Yeah I bought the housing from ebay but my new lens I did buy from cnn.cn. They told me that it didn't come with that little plastic LED piece though. Hopefully they didn't understand what I was talking about and when it gets here it will have it on it.

If not thanks for letting me know how to get it out.
    10-31-08 08:43 AM
    No, I really dont think it will LOL Past experience darlin :P

Its not a pain to pull off though, just be careful with the lil hole things that poke into the plastic tabs with the protector, you'll figure it out, its easy to change
    10-31-08 08:48 AM
    i lost my piece and now dust constantly gets into my screenn....
    buy that piece from gsm4world.com
    and they have some so ima have to scoop me one up
    10-31-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD