Dear friends,

It's been more than a month now and I must say this is the best BlackBerry experience I ever had in terms of professional and personal life...but I have stared facing a problem with my BlackBerry Z10 speaker...
    There is no notification sound that I can hear when I receive a message or BBM or emails or phone calls..there is no sound when I play music or videos...
    But when I plug my headphones I can hear music and sound from videos files..

Can anyone please put some light on this issue and tell some permanent solution for this..

Regards,
    Abhay
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:05 PM
    Dear friends,

It's been more than a month now and I must say this is the best BlackBerry experience I ever had in terms of professional and personal life...but I have stared facing a problem with my BlackBerry Z10 speaker...
    There is no notification sound that I can hear when I receive a message or BBM or emails or phone calls..there is no sound when I play music or videos...
    But when I plug my headphones I can hear music and sound from videos files..

Can anyone please put some light on this issue and tell some permanent solution for this..

Regards,
    Abhay
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    dear friend, had once the same issue, i had to put the device on my hand display down, and with your thumb hit the blackberry logo 3 times and the sound start working fine.

also in the settings>notifications> one tie had to put in off the vibrate and the sounds work again
    cen89 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:15 PM
    Dear Obaquerizo,
    I tried your trick but it did not worked for me as of now.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:42 PM
    Dear Obaquerizo,
    I tried your trick but it did not worked for me as of now.

Posted via CB10
    and did you try putting of vibrate? those where the 2 forms that i make my z10 sound work again, this method i used with a leak os.

the other i did and work fine after a drop
    12-04-13 01:07 PM
    Put in your handsfree and then plug it out and wait for a day or two your sound will come back definitely

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:19 PM
    If you purchased the phone new, you should still have a warranty.
    12-04-13 03:48 PM
    I know I am a little late for the reply.

Put on some music and lock the screen. Remove the battery cover and tap the area right above the speaker gently. A few taps, and poof! the speaker is back on.
    Lamaan Khan and aloice like this.
    12-27-13 11:09 PM
    worked for me . thanx
    01-29-14 02:15 PM
    It's not workink for me, could you please attache picture for that area or you have another solution?
    02-03-14 11:27 AM
    holy cr*p, that really worked! I thought there was NO WAY. sure enough, a couple of taps and "poof!"
    02-13-14 05:56 PM
    Yes, but it goes from couple of taps every few days to couple of taps every few hours to the point when taps aren't working anymore (when speaker works only when is pressed). At least this is my case. The most idiotic thing about rear speaker is that speaker is sealed in back chassis so you have to replace whole chassis just to replace speaker which is working but connectors are damaged (easily fixable problem when speaker is not embeded into chasis)

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:25 PM
    Just a few slaps on BB logo at the back and booom, it worked!
    03-26-14 12:10 PM
    I had the same problem when I bought it the next day I gave it to the service centre it was a hardware issue.. give ur phone to the service centre along with ur purchase bill n get it replaced by a new z10

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 01:48 PM
    My goodnes..it worked...but i just played the music and the moment i opened the back cover, it startted working.
    09-24-14 03:10 AM

Put on some music and lock the screen. Remove the battery cover and tap the area right above the speaker gently. A few taps, and poof! the speaker is back on.
    10-11-14 09:57 AM
    Thanks the same worked for me
    10-11-14 09:58 AM
    Thanks so much. I was having the same problem and it worked.

Thanks so much.
    11-25-14 03:03 PM
    worked for me very well
    05-04-15 01:17 AM
    great worked
    05-04-15 01:18 AM
    I can't believe this worked. I was actually tapping the speaker area and the BlackBerry logo‎, and accidentally dropped the phone. When it hit the floor, music started playing. LOL.

Symptoms were no speaker action whatsoever (speaker phone, Pandora, ring‎ etc) but earpiece worked. But using the music player, I could switch the audio setting to "handset" and get volume from that. A bit quieter, but worked. Had to flip that switch every time I opened the music player app.

‎Because of that, I figure it had to be a software issue. Guess not.

For what it's worth, I believe it was a hard fall that brought this about. Hopefully nothing is shaken too loose that this isn't a permanent fix.

Thanks much for the help!
    06-05-15 08:47 AM

Wow, FTW, my z10's speaker was not working since yesterday, read your comment, did the said thing and it's working!
    But,
    Is the BlackBerry quality this low! Confused!

Edit- speaker went off again!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shrirang44; 07-07-15 at 07:39 AM.
    07-07-15 06:14 AM
    Wow, wtf, my z10's speaker was not working since yesterday, read your comment, and i slap mu phone to area and working agan thnx!
    05-08-16 06:35 AM
    Thank you.

Glad I could be of any help.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 10:57 PM

Does this work for the tinny sound as well? I hated the handsfree speaker and just holdi g to my ear, so I bought an expensive bluetooth. It would Be nice to have sound not tinny when not using bluetloth. Thx
    05-11-16 10:13 AM
    Does this work for the tinny sound as well? I hated the handsfree speaker and just holdi g to my ear, so I bought an expensive bluetooth. It would Be nice to have sound not tinny when not using bluetloth. Thx
    Hey.

I haven't really tried it with a tinny sound. Only when the speaker wouldn't work. However, you can give it a go!

Do let us know if you are successful!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-11-16 11:09 PM