Hey there,

So I found a BlackBerry Bold (what looks to be a 9930) in a park, and I have no idea how to help get it back to it's owner. It has a password on it, so I can't get in to call a contact to let them know.

I wanted to try the Emergency Call, but I didn't know if that would allow me to go through the contacts and find a Home contact or if it would connect me directly to 911.

I know Crackberry is the best chance this phone has to get back to it's owner, so any help is appreciated.
    12-03-13 09:12 AM
    Someone will call it, then you answer and let them know you have found it and if they know any other way of contacting the owner (email, home or office #).
    The person whom lost it will be very happy to get it back.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    12-03-13 09:27 AM
    you could also try and returning it to the carrier, if it has badging on the back. Not sure if that is the best option though.
    12-03-13 09:41 AM
    you could also try and returning it to the carrier, if it has badging on the back. Not sure if that is the best option though.
    It has a Rogers logo on the front-bottom, so I could return it to them if the owner doesn't call.
    12-03-13 09:46 AM
    Someone will call it, then you answer and let them know you have found it and if they know any other way of contacting the owner (email, home or office #).
    The person whom lost it will be very happy to get it back.
    I hope they do. The part I'm worried about is that I have a feeling it's been buried under the snow for a few days (it does still work)
    12-03-13 09:50 AM
    I hope they do. The part I'm worried about is that I have a feeling it's been buried under the snow for a few days (it does still work)
    Your best bet is likely either to take it in to a Rogers store/kiosk or call a CSR if you really can't get to a store.. If you give them the IMEI they can definitely trace it back to its owner so that it can be returned.
    12-03-13 10:00 AM
    I wouldn't pull the battery out either, just leave it charging. If it's an enterprise user, it could be assigned a policy that will kill the data connection if it dies.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-03-13 10:00 AM
    You might be able to call the carrier and give them the SIM no - maybe they can track down the subscriber info that way and either give you a contact no (highly unlikely) or take your info and give it to the rightful owner. Worth a shot.

Kudos to you for trying to get it back to its owner!
    12-03-13 10:01 AM
    I wouldn't pull the battery out either, just leave it charging. If it's an enterprise user, it could be assigned a policy that will kill the data connection if it dies.
    Good point, hadn't thought of that.. returning it to Rogers is likely the best bet to getting it back in the proper hands.
    12-03-13 10:05 AM
    I'm guessing they didn't leave other contact info on the lock screen? If you hit the back button when it gives you the option of making an emergency call, you should be able to see the whole lock screen.
    12-05-13 09:46 AM
    1) If an enterprise user - the IT policy will lock down the phone data, but unless you know which company it belongs to then it would be hard to return it, so you might as well wipe it and keep it.

2) If a personal user - they have not installed BlackBerry Protect or else they would have remotely located it, locked it, sent a message to it, or wiped it. In that case it's their loss and again you might as well wipe it and keep it.
    12-05-13 03:03 PM
    Hey there,

So I found a BlackBerry Bold (what looks to be a 9930) in a park, and I have no idea how to help get it back to it's owner. It has a password on it, so I can't get in to call a contact to let them know.

I wanted to try the Emergency Call, but I didn't know if that would allow me to go through the contacts and find a Home contact or if it would connect me directly to 911.

I know Crackberry is the best chance this phone has to get back to it's owner, so any help is appreciated.
    Power it up, please, and connect it to WiFi. If the owner had BlackBerry Protect on it then it should respond.
    Edit: Just realised that it's PW protected. Hopefully leaving it powered up and charging will be enough for the SIM to connect to the network and let them do it that way.
    12-05-13 03:16 PM
    Maybe he got a Z and whipped his old phone in the snow bank

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:19 PM
    Kudos to OP for doing making an effort to locate the owner and return the phone.

This has now made me use the office label maker to attach return info that is already on my home screen to the rear inside battery door.

It would be awesome if there was a lost/ found thread on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 12-05-13 at 04:01 PM.
    12-05-13 03:31 PM