ok my playbook was stolen about 2 months ago.. i have been lost with out it.. i know what your thinking but i seriously used it daily...
    so what do i do now you can't buy them anywhere new...except pay a stupid price for it..And i thought why buy 3 year old tech... so i was on the hunt for a new tablet.. i hate apple/itunes. more than you know and i am not paying extra just for apple product.. so i looked at Samsung mhew. not really impressed..
    so anyway was at costco and they had the lenova s6000 for $230 so i thought hec not a bad price for a 10in tab 1.5g quad core.... man do i hate android. i keep swiping up and getting the Google search thing its driving me nuts.. and when ever you minimise a program it stops it until you reopen it.. ah and it has just restarted on me for no reason......so i hope some one high up at bb sees this and know that i for one want a new playbook... please!!! i beg you... up the spec maybe and 8 in screen... please...
    12-03-13 01:25 AM
    just buy another playbook second hand, you can get them cheap and you understand it.

I cant see anyone wanting to pay 500+ for something new after the last effort unless it is seriously upgraded and full android.
    12-03-13 01:31 AM
    I bought my playbook with 64gb 2 weeks ago for just $116 on Amazon like new in the original box with the accessories included. The machine looks like never was touch. It was refurbished. But working excellent and where are you going to find anywhere else a 64gb tablet for $116? Very satisfied with the purchase
    silversmith75 and Carl Estes like this.
    12-03-13 01:36 AM
    i have looked on kijiji but most in my neck of the woods a pretty over priced... if bb came out with a new playbook it would have to be in the $250 range with upgraded spec. and i am not talking crazy specs.. a 1.5 quad core.. 2 -3g or ram is not crazy... and no android bb10. android is terrible in my 2 week experience with it.. i don't like it at all..
    12-03-13 02:15 AM
    eBay and be done with it. Blackberry won't be coming out with a new playbook and most certainly they pretty much middle fingered any developers that wrote apps for the playbook.

Essentially blackberry world is dead for the playbook. Only thing that give the pb any use is the android runtime player. Even then pb version is so outdated it's few and far between to get any apps worthwhile.

Pb is done dead over and will never be a new version out. It was billions of wasted money and there is no market for one.

Can't sell the phones on bb10 a tablet would be the same
    12-03-13 02:34 AM
    eBay and be done with it. Blackberry won't be coming out with a new playbook and most certainly they pretty much middle fingered any developers that wrote apps for the playbook.

Essentially blackberry world is dead for the playbook. Only thing that give the pb any use is the android runtime player. Even then pb version is so outdated it's few and far between to get any apps worthwhile.

Pb is done dead over and will never be a new version out. It was billions of wasted money and there is no market for one.

Can't sell the phones on bb10 a tablet would be the same
    The PlayBook might be dead for *you* but not for many others. If you hate the PlayBook so much why do you continually make your negative presence felt here all the time ? Just twaddle off ...
    Carl Estes and anon(5597702) like this.
    12-03-13 03:03 AM
    If you could READ I said a NEW version aka playbook 2. Clearly you can't even read the thread title before giving your two cents.

So to clarify it's about Blackberry releasing a new spec playbook...

Troll another thread.

So you twaddle off.
    snarlybear likes this.
    12-03-13 09:02 AM
    Never buy a PlayBook. I bought it for full price on first day just to collect dust. But Z10 is great I am loving it.
    12-03-13 09:10 AM
    ok my playbook was stolen about 2 months ago.. i have been lost with out it.. i know what your thinking but i seriously used it daily...
    so what do i do now you can't buy them anywhere new...except pay a stupid price for it..And i thought why buy 3 year old tech... so i was on the hunt for a new tablet.. i hate apple/itunes. more than you know and i am not paying extra just for apple product.. so i looked at Samsung mhew. not really impressed..
    so anyway was at costco and they had the lenova s6000 for $230 so i thought hec not a bad price for a 10in tab 1.5g quad core.... man do i hate android. i keep swiping up and getting the Google search thing its driving me nuts.. and when ever you minimise a program it stops it until you reopen it.. ah and it has just restarted on me for no reason......so i hope some one high up at bb sees this and know that i for one want a new playbook... please!!! i beg you... up the spec maybe and 8 in screen... please...
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (64GB): Computers & Accessories
    12-03-13 09:35 AM
    I read a thread yesterday from folks who have been using a surface RT 2 coupled with their bb10 devices and are loving the combination.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...liment-879531/
    12-03-13 09:35 AM
    The RT os is going to be killed off early next year. But the surface is pretty kick ***.
    12-03-13 10:11 AM
    I completely agree with new PlayBook with bb10 on it

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:52 PM
    I reckon I'll get 2-3 years out of the playbook I've just bought under 200 dollars for three machines. She can do office stuff with hers, I can tinker with mine but it will be a kindle, sat nav, media player, browser. While being able to view straight to my day who can internet, kindle, audio book and movies on his. For the price I reckon I did rather welll

Someone will sort an android upgrade for us eventually as it's probably sat on a server somewhere and it wouldn't hurt for bb to release it to get finished. It's bb10 which needs 2gb ram not the android part. Cheap 4.3 tablets are running with 512mb.

Still 2gb ram quad core motherboard would be nice
    12-03-13 11:40 PM
    Also, we don't need another PlayBook, no one does.. another tablet, maybe, but not a PlayBook.

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-03-13 11:49 PM
    So you lost your Pb and you need a replacement. Don't waste time and money on another one, not when the world has passed the PB by. Yesterday I bought my replacement for my still functional (if you can call it that) PB - - a Sony Xperia Z. Still not entirely sold on the 10 inch format though it does have its advantages.

Not surprisingly, the Xperia, a premium tab, is blazing fast compared to the Pb. But the difference is more than you might expect from two years of development. It really is just as fast in every way as my new windows 8 laptop, and the X is not the fastest thing out there. It only has the same processor and ram as the new Nexus 7. But the comparison with the Pb is like night and day, or better. It is also very light - - 495 grams. And I got it on sale at Best Buy for $399, the same I spent for my PB in Dec. 2011, though I need a SD card to get comparable storage.

What really clinched it, though, is not just the speed and smooth operation. Even if an updated PB had that and a few other goodies that would have accompanied any conscionable upgrade, what makes a modern tablet indispensable is the apps. Unless you are using it as a desktop/laptop replacement like a Microsoft Surface 2, you are looking at Apple or Android, take your pick. I could have gone either way. Price settled it, and the fact I have an Android phone.

I may yet exchange this slick tab for an LG 8.3, just cause I really like that size. But no more seven inch tabs and no more tabs that don't have a great app store behind them.

But if you are still set on another PB, I have a 64 gig one that is in great condition for $50 plus shipping.
    12-04-13 04:17 PM