Dear Crackberry,

You were a source of all information and help I ever received for my blackberry.
    I am leaving 9900 blackberry for iPhone 5S.
    Some of reasons I will specify...

1. Productivity:
    BlackBerry is supposed to be best productivity device but some of the best apps/ principles were never exhibited for/by blackberry. iPhone has vast range of productivity application with various features and price range.

2. Data Model:
    BlackBerry needs BIS/BES to work. Some of apps need extra data services other than BIS. (e.g., Pocket Informant wont sync on my BIS, I need wifi or extra data pack). iPhone works on uniform data packages (one fits all apps).

3. New but Useless:
    BlackBerry upgraded to OS5 then OS6 and OS7 & BB10. None of OS lasted for more than an year and half. And most of them are same with some cosmetic or minor inner changes. iPhone 4 (2010 release )support iOS7. Three years and still support.

4. eMail:
    BlackBerry has the best email push model (beats every other platform) but even after so many years of email experience to RIM still some of features are missing (folder sync, download size limit, RTF email compose are few). Major vendors like google and hotmail doesn't support properly. iPhone can do all this plus few missing key features on blackberry.

5. BYOD:
    My firm recently implemented BYOD. I discovered that using BB is expensive in long time as compared to iPhone. There is hardly any support for blackberry from my firm. Most of enterprise apps are for iPhone.

6. Why not BB10:
    Because there is no proper support for BB10. I live in certain ecosystem (personal life/productivity, Office Productivity/ life, Personal social world, Office social world, etc.) and that provides lot of support to iPhone.

There are only two smartphones in world
    1. BlackBerry (invented)
    2. iPhone (re-invented)
    3. Others (alternatives to mobile computing)

BB9900 will be my best BB ever.
    12-02-13 10:50 PM
    I know how you feel
    Good luck man and get ready to be bashed by some BlackBerry fanatics ))

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:53 PM
    Sad to see you go man, good luck with your iPhone

Before others do, let ne point you here http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-02-13 10:53 PM
    There's a sticky thread for this for a reason. Move it there and enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:55 PM
    Yep I'm here with you buddy...been with BlackBerry about 7 years now, currently with bb10... but I m very disappointed with BlackBerry. time to move forward with an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:02 PM
    My first BlackBerry was pearl and I bought almost all BlackBerry just for the qwerty keyboard
    But os7 wasss so laggy and there was no proper app such as skype and few other I moved to iphone but screen was small and couldnt get used to keyboard so I tried
    Sgs2
    Htc radar win7
    Sgs3
    Htc one

But now im using my q10 )
    I hate BlackBerry app probelm but its keyboard is making me come back to BlackBerry no matter what

Now I can sideload almost all android app
    But still id rather prefer native app

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:08 PM
    If you're using it for work, you should take a look at what the German government did in regards to iPhone..

IPhone hardware is much nicer than BB10'S is though

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:22 PM
    Really bad choice dude. If you've got any sense or taste you'll be back.
    12-03-13 07:16 AM
    Wow, what a sad state the world has become.

Feeling the need to announce to the world that one is changing from one platform to another.

What next, will you tell us what you had for breakfast, and why it was a better choice for you?
    12-03-13 07:42 AM
    Deep down OP didn't want to do this. He's struggling with the thought of switching away from BlackBerry. So he wrote this to convince himself.

Post via CB Z10
    Mai Dvices likes this.
    12-03-13 08:00 AM
    I made that move a few months ago, and I didn't like the iPhone in spite of all the apps it has. I came back to BlackBerry with my Q10 and have never looked back.

Not saying it's going to be your case though, but just a small warning try the iPhone first, then make the decision!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:15 AM
    If you're using it for work, you should take a look at what the German government did in regards to iPhone..

IPhone hardware is much nicer than BB10'S is though

Posted via CB10
    it is not "much" nicer.
    but the price is much much higher. you can get like 2-3 Z10s for 1 Iphone 5S... lol

and now, with 10.2.1.1055 version you can have I think ALL those apps iPhone has.

but hey, your friend will think that you are cool.

P.S. take a iPhone browser and try to save any media file to phone..
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    12-03-13 08:20 AM
    You'll regret not getting a BB10 phone especially when 10.2.1 comes around.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:27 AM
    I have a problem with this thread….. But first let me say, you have every right to move to whatever phone you want, and that is your preference. Now before i start, let me say, Ive owned every platform except windows.. Currently have a Q10, Z10, and a LG optimus…. Now, you are leaving blackberry because you feel blackberry is for whatever reason lagging behind in the areas above, however….. iPhone has yet to embrace NFC, yet to embrace Flash, yet to embrace DNLA, yet to embrace WIFI direct, or any forward moving technology except what apple wants you to have…. They have incrementally changed their OS since they introduced video on the 3gs…. Only opting to give you a NEW GOLD PHONE, and yet you fall for their gimmicks… If you were looking for a phone with optimal productivity, style, and freshness or whatever, you'd look at the plethora of android and windows devices…. So it pains me to say, that the OP and anyone else that automatically looks at the iPhone as being the end all be all, is only doing so because its what everybody else has… don't mask it as you want a better phone because pound for pound, (minus apps) BB10 and the Android OS are just as powerful, if not more powerful out the box and just as stylish as a gold iPhone 5s or c….
    12-03-13 08:28 AM
    I have a problem with this thread….. But first let me say, you have every right to move to whatever phone you want, and that is your preference. Now before i start, let me say, Ive owned every platform except windows.. Currently have a Q10, Z10, and a LG optimus…. Now, you are leaving blackberry because you feel blackberry is for whatever reason lagging behind in the areas above, however….. iPhone has yet to embrace NFC, yet to embrace Flash, yet to embrace DNLA, yet to embrace WIFI direct, or any forward moving technology except what apple wants you to have…. They have incrementally changed their OS since they introduced video on the 3gs…. Only opting to give you a NEW GOLD PHONE, and yet you fall for their gimmicks… If you were looking for a phone with optimal productivity, style, and freshness or whatever, you'd look at the plethora of android and windows devices…. So it pains me to say, that the OP and anyone else that automatically looks at the iPhone as being the end all be all, is only doing so because its what everybody else has… don't mask it as you want a better phone because pound for pound, (minus apps) BB10 and the Android OS are just as powerful, if not more powerful out the box and just as stylish as a gold iPhone 5s or c….
    Thanks for letting me know, Iphone still doesn't even have wifi direct. Was seeing my friends iphone and how slick it is (iphone 5 + ios 7) but something seemed off. Now I know why.
    12-03-13 08:33 AM
    Good Luck, it's just a phone. However your points #2, #3, and #4 are either factually incorrect or don't make sense from the context of BB10.
    andy957 and yessuz like this.
    12-03-13 08:35 AM
    Dear Crackberry,

You were a source of all information and help I ever received for my blackberry.
    I am leaving 9900 blackberry for iPhone 5S.
    Some of reasons I will specify...

1. Productivity:
    BlackBerry is supposed to be best productivity device but some of the best apps/ principles were never exhibited for/by blackberry. iPhone has vast range of productivity application with various features and price range.

2. Data Model:
    BlackBerry needs BIS/BES to work. Some of apps need extra data services other than BIS. (e.g., Pocket Informant wont sync on my BIS, I need wifi or extra data pack). iPhone works on uniform data packages (one fits all apps).

3. New but Useless:
    BlackBerry upgraded to OS5 then OS6 and OS7 & BB10. None of OS lasted for more than an year and half. And most of them are same with some cosmetic or minor inner changes. iPhone 4 (2010 release )support iOS7. Three years and still support.

4. eMail:
    BlackBerry has the best email push model (beats every other platform) but even after so many years of email experience to RIM still some of features are missing (folder sync, download size limit, RTF email compose are few). Major vendors like google and hotmail doesn't support properly. iPhone can do all this plus few missing key features on blackberry.

5. BYOD:
    My firm recently implemented BYOD. I discovered that using BB is expensive in long time as compared to iPhone. There is hardly any support for blackberry from my firm. Most of enterprise apps are for iPhone.

6. Why not BB10:
    Because there is no proper support for BB10. I live in certain ecosystem (personal life/productivity, Office Productivity/ life, Personal social world, Office social world, etc.) and that provides lot of support to iPhone.

There are only two smartphones in world
    1. BlackBerry (invented)
    2. iPhone (re-invented)
    3. Others (alternatives to mobile computing)

BB9900 will be my best BB ever.
    I recently switched back from iOS. I started with the 8110, 8310, 9000, and 9700. I skipped on the 9900 and bought the 4S around launch and had the 5S for awhile as well. I switched for many of the same reasons you mentioned, but now I have a Q10.
    In my opinion:

1. Apps are an issue. However, I find the core apps on my Q better. Messaging, adding attachments, calendar, contacts, and the system wide sharing are better on my Q. Remember does not exist on the iPhone, and works very well with the GTD model. Instant actions works very well, and I love having a keyboard for all of that typing action. I often would avoid typing on my iPhone.

2. Does not apply to BlackBerry 10.

3. BlackBerry 10 will not run on older devices as it is a completely different OS that is based on QNX instead of Java. As far as the old java based BlackBerry OS, it needed to be retired.

4. For business use, BES 10 is an option. It's not required though. The iPhone uses Exchange Active Sync (EAS) to plug into corporate email, and now BlackBerry can as well. My work does not have a BES, and I run my Q through EAS with zero issues. I have all of my email, full folder support, I can search the server for folders that I choose not to sync, I have all of my Exchange contacts, and I can search the server for contacts I don't have in my own list. Outlook.com (what hotmail became) also supports EAS and has become my main personal email. Gmail stopped supporting EAS which is why I stopped using it while I still had my iPhone and I have not bothered to load up Gmail on my Q. With the new system the message size limit is either gone or much higher as I have not had any truncation issues whatsoever. HTML formatting is available as well as multiple email signatures and auto response.

5. As I said, my work has zero BlackBerry support. As long as the firm supports EAS, which is what most BYOD programs use, a BB10 device is good to go. Enterprise apps could be an issue.

6. These I can't help you with, as they're personal All I can say is that for my usage, I find the Q10 to be spot on with what I want. The interconnectivity between the excellent core apps and the one feature no one has: the keyboard. I'm far less likely to wait until I get to my PC to compose a response now.

All in all, get what makes you happy and helps you be productive. Best of luck!
    EDIT: and yes, I posted this from my Q!

Posted via CB10
    andy957, imcurved and jstirtzinger like this.
    12-03-13 08:42 AM
    geez dont know if the original post was a goodbye note or just an iphone advertising.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Mai Dvices likes this.
    12-09-13 07:22 AM
    Bb10 doesn't require bis, and the hub is the most useful things the businessman would need

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:48 AM
    Until some can beat BlackBerry security, I will stick with them.

Z10 on Telus
    12-09-13 07:59 AM
    I have both an iPhone 5 and a Q10, and use them both depending on what I happen to be doing. If I'm going to a conference that has a specific app that is only available on iOS, then I use the 5, otherwise I'm quite happy with my Q10, and absolutely love the keyboard. I've been a BlackBerry user back to the 8703e and it kind of hurts to admit that I own an iPhone, but it does have its uses. Btw, I really wish I had a Starbucks app for my Q10. Waiting on 10.2 (official) to get the 3rd party version.
    12-09-13 10:53 AM
    Sorry to see you go Infinus, you've been around here for a long time. I hope you enjoy your new experience.

I may catch a different train next year but no way will it have Apple on the destination board.

See you again someday.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Mai Dvices likes this.
    12-10-13 03:58 AM
    My main device is a 9900 and I love it for sure and my work phone was a Q10 and I liked it as well once I got used to it and it was nice it didn't need BIS so I could switch between devices easily.

As for the Iphone its my new work phone at my new job and I just don't care for it but I had no choice. You may enjoy it but luckily in my case its not forced on me for my personal time so I still have to stick with Blackberry. Hope it works out if not BB will still be here.
    12-12-13 10:09 AM
    Good to make your own choice, good luck

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 10:14 AM
    It's true, iOS does have a lot of apps. Many of them are duplicates (try searching for "notes"), some are awful, some are average and I'm sure some are good. I really didn't find that many good ones.

A lot of people think along the lines of, "I'd better go Android or iOS because I reserve the right to play those games that I can't play on my current platform." Then it turns out (for many) that the App Store is not the great draw-card it seemed to be from the other side of the fence. Those games are sometimes shiny but tedious or more often, you don't have time to play them.

I was with iOS for several years but always pined for a physical keyboard. Now I have a 9900 and it is fantastic. Eventurally I'll get a Q10 or equivalent and step up to BB10 but for now, I'm VERY happy.

BTW, I'm not suggesting the OP is moving to iOS for the games but I do think a lot of users cling to the size of their App Store and consider it a huge benefit even if they make little or no use of that vast bank of apps.
    12-18-13 11:13 PM
27 12