im thinkin about it...wanting to know who already has it and how you like it on Tmobiles network? does everything work fine unlocked? etc.
    10-29-08 09:13 PM
    I have it on T-Mobile
    Everything works fine, except the 3g won't work with T-Mobile tho.

You will have to follow the directions in this post, but after that all is good.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...ed-bold-81554/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 09:28 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I just got mine today, and it is amazing. Just came from a Curve 8320 and all I can say is WOW. I waited for about 2 weeks before going for it. I got a Rogers unit unlocked, and I ordered a T-Mobile antenna cover to complete the t-mobile experience

I would like to get ahold of the t-mobile theme off the overseas models if the language can be in english.

I say go for it!
    10-29-08 09:57 PM
    I've had my Bold for about 2-3 weeks now and everything works great. I followed the instructions in the 2nd post and my Bold is fully functional on T-Mobile with the exception of 3G. I'd say go for it. The Bold is a great phone.
    10-29-08 10:28 PM
    where is a safe place to buy an unlocked bold from and what is a good price?
    10-30-08 12:20 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I just got mine today, and it is amazing. Just came from a Curve 8320 and all I can say is WOW. I waited for about 2 weeks before going for it. I got a Rogers unit unlocked, and I ordered a T-Mobile antenna cover to complete the t-mobile experience

I would like to get ahold of the t-mobile theme off the overseas models if the language can be in english.

I say go for it!
    I'm also using an 8320 on tmobile, and giving this a thought.

How much better is this phone than a curve, even thought you cant use the 3G?

What is a tmo antenna cover?
    10-30-08 12:28 PM

What is a tmo antenna cover?
    The bottom cover. Looks like this this...BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM bottom cover - T-Mobile- HTC, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, NEC, Tools, Samsung, LG, Mobiado, Dopod/O2, Apple, Ace I would have went with the unbranded one myself. But then again I don't have a Bold. I just make 'em work on T-mo. If you have gotten yours to work on T-mo using the method I created and feel sorry for me.....
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-30-08 at 12:34 PM.
    10-30-08 12:31 PM
    Well i have been using Bold on Tmobile for 6 months now its an awsome phone i LOVE it used to have a curve 8320 before there is a big difference

But the biggest issue is the browsing speed , not as fast as it should be because i think i doesnt have the rite service books for Tmobile as it was not made for it . I read somewhere in a forum it doesnt access as many cell sites or something it should .

But still i LOVE it the screen is awsome , the look of this phone is far better then any other BB, specially the keypad best i have ever seenso far not even the curve 8900 has keypad like the Bold.

GO BOLD
    05-07-09 10:44 PM

I say go for it!

Getting the tmobile theme is easy but for some reason once the theme starts it shows the att logo. I have been trying to figure out just how to solve this but so far I have been unlucky.

But to get that theme you can do a search for unlock vendor themes and this will give you what you want. The best part in doing this is that if you have my favs the mf5 icon shows up on your bold.

I fif this and went into a tmo and the sales guy was in complete shock when he asked to see my phone and saw the five head(what I call them) on the screen.

05-07-09 11:17 PM
    I've been running an unlocked Bold on T-Mobile for the past 6 months. I too followed the instructions from the 2nd post and everything works great, except for the 3G, but from what I understand the battery live is not worth the 3G.

That being said, I see that T-Mobile does have 3G coverage now in my area (SF Bay Area) and wonder why my phone won't pick up on it.
    05-11-09 06:24 PM
    I've been running an unlocked Bold on T-Mobile for the past 6 months. I too followed the instructions from the 2nd post and everything works great, except for the 3G, but from what I understand the battery live is not worth the 3G.

That being said, I see that T-Mobile does have 3G coverage now in my area (SF Bay Area) and wonder why my phone won't pick up on it.
    Their 3g band is not the same as AT&T's, so it's impossible.
    05-11-09 06:26 PM
    I've had my bold on tmo fir about 6 months with no complaints. Everything wrks fine and from what I've heard from friends I'm not missing anything by not having 3g.

05-11-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD