Hi!

Are there any BBM Video users from India here, who have used BBM Video to talk to some one from out of India? Off late I haven't been able to BBM video chat with my family back in India, and I assumed that it was a problem from my side as I live in Oman. However, on a recent trip to India I relaized it was a problem at India end.

Following are my use cases, in which I have tested the BBM Video. Instruments used are Z10, PlayBook (PB) and a 9900.
    Z10 (Oman) - Z10 (Qatar) - Works
    Z10 (Oman) - Z10 (Trinidad) - Works
    Z10 (Oman) - PB (Oman) - Works
    Z10 (Oman) - PB (India) - Doesn't works
    PB (Oman) - PB (India) - Only voice works, no video
    Z10 (India) - PB (India) - Works
    Z10 (India) - PB (Oman) - Doesn't works
    Z10 (India) - Z10 (Qatar) - Doesn't works
    Z10 (India) - Z10 (Trinidad) - Doesn't works
    Z10 (India) - 9900 (France) - BBM Voice works

Based on my testing, I am assuming there is a block on India side for BBM Video connection.

Would appreciate if anyone can give any inputs/suggestions or provide their experience of using BBM video.

thanks in advance
    12-01-13 07:10 AM
    Could it be related to carrier also? Or device? You sure the person on the receiving end had a device that supports video? Also maybe it's the carrier in India that is the problem, NOT the Country itself? Are there multiple carriers to try have you tried the others?
    12-02-13 08:00 AM
    I am sure the device supports video as these are the same devices which work in the other use cases I reported.

I have used 3 service providers in India with same result.
    Mobile: Vodafone Delhi
    Wifi: Airtel Delhi and BSNL Rajasthan

This made me think it's a India problem, and not a carrier problem. Also this used to work perfectly fine till about 5 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:57 PM
    Hello psarna,

Any luck..with this. I have a z30 in oman and q10 in India, karnataka? Which service provider supports voice and video.

Just tested with a Vodafone blackberry package. Voice and video is not enabled. I can however send the usual chat messages from oman.

Posted via my Z30
    12-10-13 01:47 AM
    Or as it says in the BBM website only through wifi?

Posted via my Z30
    12-10-13 01:48 AM
    I've done BBM Voice Calls within the country. Never had to opportunity of a BBM Video Call. If you guys want I could try one with you guys to see if it works.

Q5 on Airtel, India.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    12-10-13 01:52 AM
    No issues here for BBM video from USA to India or vice versa. Both are Z10. Also no issues from UK to India and vice versa. These are tried and tested. As I know some Middle eastern countries have restrictions on BBM Voice and video. In India, the carrier is Vodafone.
    12-10-13 01:52 AM
    Hello loyalIND, are using a wifi or mobile data for bbm voice/video? In either case which company are you using ?

Posted via my Z30
    12-10-13 01:55 AM
    Never mind..i think you have an Airtel. Are you using a wifi or mobile data?

Posted via my Z30
    12-10-13 01:57 AM
    Hello cjterminator,

Which vodafone package are you using in India?

Posted via my Z30
    12-10-13 01:59 AM
    Hello loyalIND, are using a wifi or mobile data for bbm voice/video? In either case which company are you using ?

Posted via my Z30
    BBM Voice Calls were done over Wifi. BBM Video I've never tried.

12-10-13 02:11 AM
    Hello psarna,

Any luck..with this. I have a z30 in oman and q10 in India, karnataka? Which service provider supports voice and video.

Just tested with a Vodafone blackberry package. Voice and video is not enabled. I can however send the usual chat messages from oman.

Posted via my Z30
    No Luck. I used the regular 3G data plan from Vodafone, voice and video worked with phones/pb in India but doenst works with phones outside of India.

I've done BBM Voice Calls within the country. Never had to opportunity of a BBM Video Call. If you guys want I could try one with you guys to see if it works.

Q5 on Airtel, India.

It woks within the country, but didn't work for me out of India.

No issues here for BBM video from USA to India or vice versa. Both are Z10. Also no issues from UK to India and vice versa. These are tried and tested. As I know some Middle eastern countries have restrictions on BBM Voice and video. In India, the carrier is Vodafone.
    UAE blocks BBM voice and Video but Oman doesn't. As you can see from my use cases in the OP, I can successfully do BBM voice/video from Oman with various BB10/BBOS phones in Qatar, Trinidad and France. The problem is only when one of my phones/pb is India. I am still to find out why it doesn't works, the package should not be a problem as the PB is on wifi.

Another point I observed recently is that if I turn on VPN (with server in the US) in Oman, I can do BBM video with India. Interesting to note is that I need VPN only to do BBM video with the other phone/pb in India. I can do BBM video with Qatar/Trinidad/France without any VPN.
    12-11-13 02:35 AM
    What VPN do you use?

Posted via my Z30
    01-20-14 01:59 AM
    BBM works well with Airtel mobile broadband 3g. Though expensive it's fine for both voice and video.

The Bengaluru international airport had tata hotspots. Worked well indeed.

I have tried all this while being in karnataka. The same works when I call from Oman to my Airtel number in India.

Posted via my Z30
    01-20-14 02:02 AM
    Hi Brian,

Is this still working for you? If yes, which mobile operator are you using in Oman?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:09 PM
    BBM in India is severely limited compared to earlier times. By this I mean Voice calls are very choppy now filled with background disturbances and lag, & BBM channels take very long to load. And it gets worse after every update.
    10-26-14 08:08 PM
    I'm using Hayak..omantel. Works well with omantel home broadband and mobile data but not with ooredo.

Sorry for taking one year to reply

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:56 AM
    In the year it has started to work for me too.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:32 AM
    BBM in India is severely limited compared to earlier times. By this I mean Voice calls are very choppy now filled with background disturbances and lag, & BBM channels take very long to load. And it gets worse after every update.
    Voice calls are crystal clear for me.. and no lag..
    Infact the clarity and responsiveness is perfect and better than 2g/ 3g phone calls!

I use BBM Voice call every day to talk to my mom and its awesome... saves me like 400 rupees a month (7$ approx) as well as BBM video sometimes.

Posted via my  z30/2243
    03-08-15 12:29 PM
    2BD58D34 for Indian BBM chat

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:51 AM
    I can't use the BBM video guys?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:09 AM
    2B9B4E35 add this up
    India/chatty/Male/21&Over

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:37 AM
    Male 20 indian
    add me 334f2e02
    05-23-17 05:29 AM
    Hi this is krishna. I am using passport silver edition with Vodafone but I am not getting video calling option in my BBM. Whereas in my android phone I m able to do video call. I can't understand this BBM is the native app for BlackBerry but why this is not working in bb10 OS phones?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 01:08 PM