Guys, I posted a thread a while back saying Wifi wouldnt work on 10.2.1

I got quite a few answers and none of them worked, so ultimately I reloaded 10.2.1 again as the final solution given my most people in most threads.

To my delight, the wifi worked initially, and it was awesome. But then, it just went back to the same thing.
    The wifi toggle never stays 'ON' and the wifi radio actually is always off, and thus I am unable to see any networks.

Right now I'm using a fully blank phone with just whatsapp as the only downloaded application, no Android apps or even BB apps for that matter. I had a contacts backup done via an app which allows you to backup from VCF, which I got on the Appworld.

Anyone know what's causing this issue? I can clearly see that wifi worked on the os when it was completely fresh, but then something happened which stopped it from working!
    12-01-13 04:43 AM
    Guys, I posted a thread a while back saying Wifi wouldnt work on 10.2.1

I got quite a few answers and none of them worked, so ultimately I reloaded 10.2.1 again as the final solution given my most people in most threads.

To my delight, the wifi worked initially, and it was awesome. But then, it just went back to the same thing.
    The wifi toggle never stays 'ON' and the wifi radio actually is always off, and thus I am unable to see any networks.

Right now I'm using a fully blank phone with just whatsapp as the only downloaded application, no Android apps or even BB apps for that matter. I had a contacts backup done via an app which allows you to backup from VCF, which I got on the Appworld.

Anyone know what's causing this issue? I can clearly see that wifi worked on the os when it was completely fresh, but then something happened which stopped it from working!
    Have you tried a security wipe?
    A security wipe usually solves such issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:50 AM
    Have you tried a security wipe?
    A security wipe usually solves such issues.

Posted via CB10
    In the process of one right now, shall let you know my results.

But I assumed reloading the OS itself would also trigger a security wipe?
    12-01-13 04:51 AM
    In the process of one right now, shall let you know my results.

But I assumed reloading the OS itself would also trigger a security wipe?
    No, security wipe is always manually performed.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 04:58 AM
    No, security wipe is always manually performed.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    Did the wipe, detecting wifi networks now. But this also happened after OS reload/reinstall.

I'm going to put back my contacts and see what happens. Every reinstall till now, it did the same, Wifi works, and then stops working after putting in some data to the phone

edit: Along with wifi- internet tethering and mobile hotspot dont work too!
    12-01-13 05:07 AM
    I had loaded 10.2.1.1055 the day it was leaked and it worked perfectly, no wifi issues nothing. Then last Wednesday, I went to India and it stopped working. Same problem as yours, wifi toggle will not get on, and it would not even search for wifi networks. I did a security wipe, and it started to work, I reloaded my apps and stopped working. The only app that I had installed new that day was "Meru Cabs APK". I have now uninstalled meru cabs and my wifi seems to be working after a hard reset.

If anything changes, I will post back.
    12-01-13 05:29 AM
    I had loaded 10.2.1.1055 the day it was leaked and it worked perfectly, no wifi issues nothing. Then last Wednesday, I went to India and it stopped working. Same problem as yours, wifi toggle will not get on, and it would not even search for wifi networks. I did a security wipe, and it started to work, I reloaded my apps and stopped working. The only app that I had installed new that day was "Meru Cabs APK". I have now uninstalled meru cabs and my wifi seems to be working after a hard reset.

If anything changes, I will post back.
    Well, I'm using the STL 100 - 3 in India, so it could have to do something with that, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the OS itself.

I did a contacts restore and wifi is STILL working.
    The only app I had was whatsapp, so I'm reinstalling whatsapp right now, but it can't seem to connect.
    12-01-13 05:48 AM
    Hi all ,

I am also facing same issue .. i need to do security wipe to solve this issue.. ! can anyone know what is the cause for this problem. India , Vodafone, Leaked 10.2.1 !
    01-20-14 01:04 AM
    What radio version is loaded?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:02 AM
    Facing the same problem, whenever I travel to India and switch my sim to Vodafone, Wifi stops working and starts to work when I do a security wipe, this never happens in Dubai (where I live).

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 07:01 AM
    It possibility that your mobile data plan isn't configured correctly. Also check the type of password for the wireless network to see if that's the problem. WPA PSK works well.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:08 AM
    Remember you have a leak os, that kind of things can happen

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD