Hi everyone,

I picked up a Q10 this past weekend and have been sporting it for the last week. One thing has been an issue with the device and I can't seem to resolve it. My rear camera refuses to autofocus. I've tried doing a factory restore to the official OS as well as running the leaked 10.2.1.1055 OS and it seems that it makes no difference. I've also taken the camera cover off, cleaned the lens just in case, cleaned the cover, and blew some air to eject any dust particles just in case. It made no difference and the camera still won't autofocus. I've compared my phone to another Q10 and on that device the autofocus works flawlessly.

Any ideas what is wrong? Do I need to replace camera lens?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:47 AM
    if it works on your other one and not on that one the first thing i would say is make the broken one mimmic the working one and if you still have the problem i would point my finger at the lens itself.
    11-30-13 11:53 AM
    Hi everyone,

I picked up a Q10 this past weekend and have been sporting it for the last week. One thing has been an issue with the device and I can't seem to resolve it. My rear camera refuses to autofocus. I've tried doing a factory restore to the official OS as well as running the leaked 10.2.1.1055 OS and it seems that it makes no difference. I've also taken the camera cover off, cleaned the lens just in case, cleaned the cover, and blew some air to eject any dust particles just in case. It made no difference and the camera still won't autofocus. I've compared my phone to another Q10 and on that device the autofocus works flawlessly.

Any ideas what is wrong? Do I need to replace camera lens?

Posted via CB10
    Did you restore backup data via Link, after installing either OS? Have you performed a security wipe?
    11-30-13 12:19 PM
    Did you restore backup data via Link, after installing either OS? Have you performed a security wipe?
    if it works on your other one and not on that one the first thing i would say is make the broken one mimmic the working one and if you still have the problem i would point my finger at the lens itself.
    I'm going to try to do that. I already reflashed the OS several times to no avail, but I should try the security wipe too. I'll set it to official first, then do a security wipe and see how it goes. I'll post back later today.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 12:33 PM
    So I have reset the phone to the official OS, same as the other Q10 (10.2.0.1083) and performed a full security wipe. The problem with the camera remains. I will now load the latest leak again to see if that possibly (very unlikely at this point) resolves the issue, but it looks like this is a hardware problem.
    11-30-13 02:53 PM
    Well, after loading the latest leak the problem still remains. Definitely a hardware fault. This sucks
    11-30-13 04:03 PM
    You have a 1 yeah manufacturer warranty

Sent from my gameboy color
    11-30-13 06:01 PM
    I noticed the same issue as well today when trying to take a close up shot.
    I had to bring the phone back and slowly move forward for it to auto focus.
    I could not just go straight to the small area and it would focus itself.
    A bit weird if you ask me.
    11-30-13 06:29 PM
    You have a 1 yeah manufacturer warranty

Sent from my gameboy color
    No, I don't. I already had to replace a faulty screen that had a nearly invisible smaller than hairline fracture from top to bottom on the AMOLED display itself that you could only see under a specific angle and very specific bright light (like sunlight). Remember, physical damage = warranty void.

I noticed the same issue as well today when trying to take a close up shot.
    I had to bring the phone back and slowly move forward for it to auto focus.
    I could not just go straight to the small area and it would focus itself.
    A bit weird if you ask me.
    At least yours focuses, just not very well. Mine does not focus at all, at all. Like nothing, nada. I've already ordered a new rear camera off eBay. We'll see when or if it will come, and whether it will work.
    12-03-13 01:37 PM
    Replaced the camera two nights ago. New one is working perfect. It was a hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:03 AM