Kevin - We need your help here in the U.S. I am on AT&T and I want a z30 badly, but apparently there are no unlocked versions that are compatible with AT&Ts LTE network (despite the fact that there are 5 or 6 versions). We need to convince BlackBerry to sell an unlocked version that is compatible with AT&Ts LTE network. AT&T is one of the biggest U.S. carriers and the z30 is an absolute beast. I know there are people who would buy it and every person that has it in the U.S. and walking around with it would give BlackBerry some great word of mouth advertising as I know people would see it and say "What is that? Is that the new Samsung?", to which a reply of "No, it's a BlackBerry and it's awesome". The U.S. market is very important, and I understand BB and John Chen are evaluating where to invest and not invest their capital right now (and how much focus they will even put into their hardware business, in particular in the U.S. where they are hated), but how hard is it to just make an unlocked phone that is compatible with AT&T? Sell it directly to consumers. Make a limited supply.

PLEASE HELP US KEVIN.

P.S. - AT&T has still not released 10.1MR, let alone 10.2. Luckily I am on the 10.2.1 leak.
    11-30-13 08:24 AM
    We need a T-Mobile US version too.

Q10
    andyrew510 and domex like this.
    11-30-13 08:40 AM
    Ummmmm...SPRINT!
    11-30-13 08:44 AM
    Isn't AT&T skipping the 10.1MR and going straight to 10.2?

It's not good to have to wait so long for official updates though, they need to get their act together.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-13 08:46 AM
    Isn't AT&T skipping the 10.1MR and going straight to 10.2?

It's not good to have to wait so long for official updates though, they need to get their act together.

Posted via CB10
    No no no. They're skipping the next few versions and waiting for 10.4.

Q10
    11-30-13 08:48 AM
    It's not BlackBerry but US carriers, they are the ones that need convincing or simply Verizon simply commissioned the phone like they did for the storm.
    US carriers won't even push 10.2 update smdfh! Let's start an online petition instead

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:49 AM
    Kevin - We need your help here in the U.S. I am on AT&T and I want a z30 badly, but apparently there are no unlocked versions that are compatible with AT&Ts LTE network (despite the fact that there are 5 or 6 versions). We need to convince BlackBerry to sell an unlocked version that is compatible with AT&Ts LTE network. AT&T is one of the biggest U.S. carriers and the z30 is an absolute beast. I know there are people who would buy it and every person that has it in the U.S. and walking around with it would give BlackBerry some great word of mouth advertising as I know people would see it and say "What is that? Is that the new Samsung?", to which a reply of "No, it's a BlackBerry and it's awesome". The U.S. market is very important, and I understand BB and John Chen are evaluating where to invest and not invest their capital right now (and how much focus they will even put into their hardware business, in particular in the U.S. where they are hated), but how hard is it to just make an unlocked phone that is compatible with AT&T? Sell it directly to consumers. Make a limited supply.

PLEASE HELP US KEVIN.

P.S. - AT&T has still not released 10.1MR, let alone 10.2. Luckily I am on the 10.2.1 leak.
    YES!!!! I will buy it for full price.. but the problem is their bands are different!
    andyrew510 likes this.
    11-30-13 08:50 AM
    Sorry everyone who wants this device,.. I do have it on Big red and yes "It's A BEAST!" I have friends on other carrier's and they want it. I do get asked about it. One person said "why you put a case on a Samsung S4 when its so nice looking, LOL. My response "look again". His "thats a Blackberry it's the same size as S4, it looks cool" I do hope that the exclusivity of it on Big Red expires so all can enjoy what a fantastic product this is. Running 10.2.1.1055 makes it the BOMB!!
    Last edited by cbdwolff7; 11-30-13 at 09:38 AM.
    Mecca EL, howards and andyrew510 like this.
    11-30-13 09:12 AM
    I just said screw it and ordered a Bell version. I am on WiFi most of the time and 4g plays YouTube just fine without buffering.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-30-13 09:41 AM
    Can't you just get a model that works with your carrier, and get it unlocked?
    What about the HSPA bands? For 99.99% of all users HSPA deliver more speed than you need, and if you're lucky and your carrier support HSPA band 5/6 then you could use *any* of the models with hspa. HSPA also have far greater coverage than LTE at the moment.
    11-30-13 10:21 AM
    In nyc, lte is widespread. Why would I want to be on hspa when I have a z10 on lte? Not looking to downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:55 AM
    In nyc, lte is widespread. Why would I want to be on hspa when I have a z10 on lte? Not looking to downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Then just go and get it unlocked - simple does it..

but out of curiosity - What is it you do on your Z10 that "require" LTE+ speeds - that cannot be done with 10+Mbps speeds?

In some areas I know that HSPA+ outperform some LTE networks in speeds as well...
    Have NO idea what is available in NYC, - but could be interesting to find out...

For users in NYC - What speeds can you get on HSPA+ - and LTE ? Not the "sold" speed - but real measured speed on your handsets?
    11-30-13 12:28 PM
    Then just go and get it unlocked - simple does it..

but out of curiosity - What is it you do on your Z10 that "require" LTE+ speeds - that cannot be done with 10+Mbps speeds?

In some areas I know that HSPA+ outperform some LTE networks in speeds as well...
    Have NO idea what is available in NYC, - but could be interesting to find out...

For users in NYC - What speeds can you get on HSPA+ - and LTE ? Not the "sold" speed - but real measured speed on your handsets?
    There is no way hspa out performs LTE in any metropolitan area with LTE deployed.

Posted via CB10
    andyrew510 likes this.
    11-30-13 12:45 PM
    No no no. They're skipping the next few versions and waiting for 10.4.

Q10
    Lol +1000

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 12:54 PM
    There is no way hspa out performs LTE in any metropolitan area with LTE deployed.
    Perhaps not - (although reports here on CB tells a different story for some users)

- but I am still curious of which speeds users really get... Where I am - we don't ever get more than about 2Mbps download speeds anyway - but I have never really needed more either for my personal use.

So:
    -What LTE speeds do you get?
    -What HSPA+ speeds do you get?
    -What do you use the Z10 for that Needs more than 10+Mbps downlink speed?
    -What internet speed do you have on your computer at home?
    11-30-13 12:57 PM
    Perhaps not - (although reports here on CB tells a different story for some users)

- but I am still curious of which speeds users really get... Where I am - we don't ever get more than about 2Mbps download speeds anyway - but I have never really needed more either for my personal use.

So:
    -What LTE speeds do you get?
    -What HSPA+ speeds do you get?
    -What do you use the Z10 for that Needs more than 10+Mbps downlink speed?
    -What internet speed do you have on your computer at home?
    With LTE I get roughly 22mbps. Hspa is about 10mbps here. It's not necessary but who wants to wait twice as long for every Web page and connected app to load? Especially when you are paying that kinda money for a new device. It would make the upgrade from z10 to z30 feel like a downgrade

Posted via CB10
    andyrew510 likes this.
    11-30-13 01:06 PM
    And Kevin will be able to help you how? Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:08 PM
    By writing a real article which will maybe put pressure on BlackBerry to come out with an unlocked version that is compatible on at+t lte network.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:11 PM
    With LTE I get roughly 22mbps. Hspa is about 10mbps here. It's not necessary but who wants to wait twice as long for every Web page and connected app to load? Especially when you are paying that kinda money for a new device. It would make the upgrade from z10 to z30 feel like a downgrade
    but have you really tested out on the device to see if there are any real difference between using HSPA and LTE in your area?
    The time it takes to show a webpage is not always connected to the network speed alone - it all depends on the website. But usually it is more latency/lag in the net - time to get response from DNS etc that determine the real speed - and of course also the processing capabilities of the device used. But in my area, I don't really get any real difference between 2Mbps and 4, used on a Z10 or Q10 connected to the same carrier network - BUT - I do get a far better quick response by connecting the devices to WiFi with a far less latency.

Of course you would want LTE if it is provided - but LTE and LTE is not the same all over. LTE and HSPA are comparable technologies - just different ways of doing the same job basically - so what users reports is that most times, they choose to use HSPA only (less energy consumption than LTE), and that LTE is mostly available when at work or city - where WiFi is readily available anyway..

Perhaps we could get CB to survey an updated report and show what real speeds people are getting on their Z/Q devices - and what services they subscribe to and supposedly should have gotten.
    11-30-13 01:23 PM
    AT&T wants to sell iPhones and iPads (cellular versions), and Androids. They have no interest in BlackBerry these days. I doubt there us any way to pressure or influence them otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't need AT&T pressure to sell an unlocked version that is compatible with AT&T's LTE network. They are selling Z10's directly to customers in the U.S. - if no one but Verizon wants to sell the Z30, my question is why BlackBerry wouldn't want to sell the Z30s (or at least non-Verizon version Z30s) directly to prosumers in the U.S., especially during the holiday times when people are more likely to buy it - and before the S5, HTC One Max and iPhone Grande come out.
    12-01-13 09:37 AM
    Where are the unlocked Rogers versions? This is the first time I can remember not seeing any we can buy and use on at&t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    andyrew510 likes this.
    12-01-13 09:44 AM