Hi,

So the following happened: I removed my files off my SD card directly (ie after I took it out of my blackberry) not realising that it has been encrypted. Now I have lost access to my files. Even when I copied the files back on the SD card back and put it back into my phone, I still can't access them.

Please help.

Regards,

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:12 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    Im sorry but I don't think there is anything you can do to get those files back. It's a safety feature in BB. Have you searched the threads around to see if anyone has come up with a way to get those files back? Have you changed your OS in the meantime as well?
    11-30-13 08:03 AM
    Have you try insert your SD card on the same device for try to restore your files

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:37 AM
    I have not made a chance of OS. And I have tried to put them back on the same SD card.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:38 AM
    You might try recovering them directly on the card using one of those "camera card fix bunged up card" utilities. But since you wrote data back to the card it might not be very successful.

I don't know how the encryption works but I would think (obviously, wrongly), that you could manually back up the card's encrypted files to a computer just in case the card or files got messed up. Then you could copy them back and access them as the originals.

While I've not done it, BB has a twitter account where people pose questions and get help. They also have an official forum, like this, where you might ask the question.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/.../bd-p/playbook

edited to fix the wrong link!
    Last edited by F2; 11-30-13 at 01:15 PM.
    11-30-13 11:11 AM
    How bad do you need the files? A VERY expensive data recovery service MIGHT be able to help you.
    12-06-13 03:34 PM