Come one its taking so long... its already thanksgiving.. Im on sprint. What usa carrier are you on. No leakers input please. I know about the whole auto loading and programs. I just want the official or atleast an official beta from blackberry with updates so I dont have to whipe my phone everytime a new beta version is out. Gosh. I bet by the time I get 10.2.1 the Q30 will be out already.. help me lol

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:02 PM
    Cant do anything about it. You just have to wait it out for sprint pretty much. I would assume 10.2 will start releasing sometime in Dec still
    11-28-13 11:06 PM
    Probably the only thing that can be done is to contact your carrier. If no one is putting pressure on them to release the official updates then they aren't going to be in a hurry. I believe 10.2 is already available in the USA, but it's up to the carriers to release it.
    11-29-13 12:50 AM
    What usa carrier are you on.
    Carrier: AT&T
    Device: Z10STL100-3
    11-29-13 03:48 AM
    It's coming as soon as you load it on your device.
    I got sick of waiting and loaded the 1055 leak. Screw US carriers and their delays.

Use the methods posted to get an official non leak os on your device if you don't want leaks. I did that at first and then used the leak as it had features I wanted.

The official os from other carriers works flawless. It's just like your carriers would've been.
    11-29-13 04:17 AM
    It's coming as soon as you load it on your device.
    I got sick of waiting and loaded the 1055 leak. Screw US carriers and their delays.

Use the methods posted to get an official non leak os on your device if you don't want leaks. I did that at first and then used the leak as it had features I wanted.

The official os from other carriers works flawless. It's just like your carriers would've been.
    The OP *specifically* said he didn't want leak info.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:27 AM
    The OP *specifically* said he didn't want leak info.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I mentioned the other carrier option. Those aren't leaks. They're official releases.

Q10
    11-29-13 07:44 AM
    Get another SIM from Rogers, you should be prompted to get the latest update which is 10.2.0.429 Software Release. I think the OS is 10.2.0.1803

Posted via CrackBerry 10 - using Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.1055
    11-29-13 08:22 AM
    Wow, I can't believe the US carriers haven't pushed 10.2 out there yet. That is just pathetic.

I would think that trying to sell a BB on features would be so much easier on 10.2 (assuming salespeople understand these features). How long has it been since the rest of the world received it? It really makes no sense as to why they don't push it out. What risk is there to a carrier? It doesn't impact their network, right?

One of life's great mysteries ... right up there with the Caramilk secret.
    11-29-13 08:28 AM
    Get another SIM from Rogers, you should be prompted to get the latest update which is 10.2.0.429 Software Release. I think the OS is 10.2.0.1803

EDIT

If you want (OP) use sachesi and do a nondestructive installation of the OS. It won't wipe your device or anything.

11-29-13 08:29 AM
    According to a blackberry blog, winter.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:02 AM
    Come on TMO, you got 10.1 out quickly. Why the delay on 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:10 AM
    I have a feeling we may never see an ota update of the os.
    There just arent enough of us out there to waste their time. And with all of the geniuses here talking about loading this leaked os that leaked os they figure " why bother the only people who have the phone already have it and are happy".

We could become the victims of our own ******** and sideloading.

Posted from a phone....
    11-29-13 09:56 AM
    I have a feeling we may never see an ota update of the os.
    There just arent enough of us out there to waste their time. And with all of the geniuses here talking about loading this leaked os that leaked os they figure " why bother the only people who have the phone already have it and are happy".

We could become the victims of our own ******** and sideloading.

Posted from a phone....
    Agreed. I know the guy that runs the only tmobile store around here and he says I'm the only customer that bought the Q before the stores stopped selling them.

Q10
    11-29-13 10:15 AM
    But Verizon has the z30 with 10.2. Why wouldn't they make it instantly available to everyone? It's so frustrating. Why bother to carry BlackBerry at all if they're not going to support it???? And try to sell it??? Corporate America is so f-ed up. Can't stand it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:32 AM
    Why does this thread exist?

You can easily put official 10.2 on your phone but here you are complaining about it even though there's an obvious solution to the problem. You obviously don't actually want it because if you did you'd have it. You're just looking for an excuse to complain. The only thing stopping you from having 10.2 is your own laziness.
    curvezzz likes this.
    11-29-13 10:38 AM

You can easily put official 10.2 on your phone but here you are complaining about it even though there's an obvious solution to the problem. You obviously don't actually want it because if you did you'd have it. You're just looking for an excuse to complain. The only thing stopping you from having 10.2 is your own laziness.
    Ummmm is this anything like the app solution we have??? Go to site download os, do this pull sim card, do that blah blah blah...???

Sorry but most people want to hit the update button and simply download it without the hassle.
    Since when did BlackBerry become the device of choice for people who wanted to perform twenty friggin steps to "get things done???"

Posted from a phone....
    11-29-13 02:22 PM
    Probably because they're trying to move those z30 they are not advertising and now sitting on.

Posted from a phone....
    11-29-13 02:23 PM
    The REAL question it seems then is 'Why is BlackBerry wasting their time waiting on U.S carriers then?' They probably should reconsider releasing OS updates directly to their customers. Imagine if we had to wait for the carriers to release the update to BBM which rolled out same day we learnt here on CB it was to be released, which literally was hours apart?!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 03:03 PM
    But Verizon has the z30 with 10.2. Why wouldn't they make it instantly available to everyone? It's so frustrating. Why bother to carry BlackBerry at all if they're not going to support it???? And try to sell it??? Corporate America is so f-ed up. Can't stand it.

Posted via CB10
    Same with all devices. They hate giving the user a new os. It ain't just BlackBerry, it's all phones except iphone.

Q10
    11-29-13 03:11 PM
    Have had 10.2.0.429 for awhile now. Carrier Bell Canada
    11-29-13 03:14 PM
    Official word for the US release is Winter, which doesn't begin until December 21 and ends March 19. So, probably some time in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 03:53 PM

The OP's point isn't whether 10.2 can be put on his phone, but when will US carriers release it. I run the official 10.1 TMO os, not becaue I'm lazy, but because when I loaded 10.2.1 it didn't play well with my BES. In addition, with TMO, if you load an unofficial OS, you'll likley lose wi-fi calling; a deal breaker for many TMO customers. Finally, the vast majority of smart phone users don't haunt sites like Crackberry, so wouldn't have a clue (or give a rip) about sideloading an OS. Thus, I find it a completely legitimate question by the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 05:30 PM
    What I dont get is how other countries get it faster then us. No disrespect but isnt the usa supposed to be a great fast grown technology nation. I mean how does africa get 10.2 and me in florida cant even get it lol. I want the offical from sprint. I dont wanna side load some other os thats offical but not made for sprint inside phone. I might lose good signle it might drain battery it might run slower. Who knows. And then when the offical comes out ill be stuck with some random countrys offical os rather then mine. Trust me im far from lazy. I just got a nike fuelband btw so I run all the time!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:30 PM
    I actually just called T-Mobile to find out. And the rep said they don't have an exact date,
    BUT it will be this month.

I followed and said, in December, right?

She said yes, but we do not have an exact date.

People should be calling their carriers to find out.

Seriously...yeah I know the leaked versions are out there.

I'd love to but am on VMware not Bootcamp.
    The biggest update I'm waiting for is that damn pesky group text thing
    fixed where you have the option.

Once it happened the first time. I've cut down on any multi person texts,
    for the thought of now having in 10.1. I still can't even imagine how that
    one got out the gate and it's such an important feature, I think especially
    for group meeting whether business or friends.

So hopefully it's all good in December sometime. I would be interesting
    to hear what others find out when they call their carriers?
    dosto and mithrazor like this.
    12-04-13 06:31 AM
46 12