Blackberry is missing out by not direct selling in Canada. Two recent examples:

1) Friend broke his phone - the glass/screen broke. Too expensive to buy a new phone (Bell or otherwise) from Bell / Telus, etc as he was only 6 months into contract. Bought a Nexus 5 for $399 because it was cheapest decent option.

2) Another friend wants to gift a smartphone to someone as a present for Christmas. Bought a Nexus 5 for $349 because it's unlocked and off contract and the person receiving it can hook it up to any carrier.

Blackberry should change this asap.
    11-28-13 10:26 AM
    Considering that BlackBerry resides in Canada I find this very, very weird...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    11-28-13 10:50 AM
    What about www.shopblackberry.com - there BlackBerry sell direct the Q10 and Z10
    11-28-13 11:08 AM
    It says ships only to US addresses
    11-28-13 02:10 PM
    Blackberry is missing out by not direct selling in Canada. Two recent examples:

1) Friend broke his phone - the glass/screen broke. Too expensive to buy a new phone (Bell or otherwise) from Bell / Telus, etc as he was only 6 months into contract. Bought a Nexus 5 for $399 because it was cheapest decent option.

2) Another friend wants to gift a smartphone to someone as a present for Christmas. Bought a Nexus 5 for $349 because it's unlocked and off contract and the person receiving it can hook it up to any carrier.

Blackberry should change this asap.
    What price do you think they would be? If they were cheaper off contract than Bell sells them off contract, why would Bell or an other Telco bother to sell them?
    11-28-13 02:12 PM
    It says ships only to US addresses
    really?

I just looked at my chechout screen - there I can choose from US, Canada and Mexico...

but I also found that some items are marked with "(Canada)" whatever that means...

anyway - found a phone number for them for anyone who want to call and get some help:

+1-866-957-0761

perhaps only items marked with Canada can be shipped to Canada... i have no idea..
    11-28-13 02:29 PM
    Google has the cash to sell the phones direct at or below cost. BlackBerry would be smart to take all the written down inventory and start a BB trade in program where a customer can trade their old OS 6 or 7.1xxx phone in and pay 50 bucks

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1055 Take that Mr App Gap!
    11-28-13 02:31 PM
    I think what you mean is that BlackBerry is missing out because they price their devices too high
    11-28-13 04:27 PM
    It appears though that with the shipping fees and US/ Canada exchange maybe not such a good deal ??
    11-28-13 05:42 PM
    It's a carrier relationship issue most likely. They need all the carrier support they can get so they don't cut the carriers out of the off contract market even if in the short term it would benefit them.
    11-28-13 08:23 PM
    It's a carrier relationship issue most likely. They need all the carrier support they can get so they don't cut the carriers out of the off contract market even if in the short term it would benefit them.
    When it is clear the carriers are not promoting BlackBerry smartphones we can safely conclude there is no carrier support. BlackBerry should be selling unlocked smartphones directly to end-users.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    12-02-13 02:59 AM
    It's a whole other level of support and resources management to do direct sales. Furthermore, it will not be any cheaper than through carriers because BlackBerry would still need to make money, especially with the added cost of running a direct sales arm that gets increasingly more expensive to run the fewer phones it sells. Same answer for why they won't do repairs. While great for customers it's just not feasible for the business, although I suppose they could sell insurance to offset cost and monetize. But that would again alienate the carriers completely.
    12-02-13 08:41 AM
    When it is clear the carriers are not promoting BlackBerry smartphones we can safely conclude there is no carrier support. BlackBerry should be selling unlocked smartphones directly to end-users.

Most people buy device from carriers! What BlackBerry needs to do is provide devices that are profitable for themselves and for carriers.

If you want to buy a device online, go to eBay or Amazon.
    12-02-13 08:48 AM

And that is what they have done in the US where carriers are not selling. In Canada, other than Rogers with their Z30 fiasco, carriers have been supporting BB10 products well. Although I think they should do it here anyway.
    12-02-13 09:20 AM
    Money left on the table. They should ship globally all BlackBerry 10 products especially if carriers are just going to put them in the back.

CB10 - Z10(Z30 inbound) -10.2.1.1055 - C0006E212
    12-03-13 06:31 AM
    I think what you mean is that BlackBerry is missing out because they price their devices too high
    This. People expect value for phones now. BlackBerry has always sold older or lesser hardware at premium prices and the market is too compete for that. And don't use Apple pricing as an example to counter this because they also provide a superior customer support and retail experience as part of that price.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:11 AM
    Most people buy device from carriers! What BlackBerry needs to do is provide devices that are profitable for themselves and for carriers.

If you want to buy a device online, go to eBay or Amazon.
    Apple sells their phones directly from their stores and online... Plus they sell them from the carriers as well. It can be done but it needs to be smart. Pricing needs to be consistent throughout so that the carriers don't get screwed in the end and get more pissed off.
    12-03-13 09:32 PM